Help reading US signature on Hinomaru flag, please!

Discussions on the equipment used by the Axis forces, apart from the things covered in the other sections. Hosted by Juha Tompuri
flemming7x64

Help reading US signature on Hinomaru flag, please!

Post by flemming7x64 » 31 Jul 2015, 00:28

PLEASE HELP READ!
Bought this wonderful, Japanese Hinomaru flag. Doing some research. In the right corner the US gentleman vet wrote his name in ink, but I cannot read/interpret first and middle name[??"J"]. It´s a very scarce surname, and I found only a couple of people by the surname and (1) gentleman in the state, where an elderly person passed at the age of 84 in 2000. It appears this person was a 6th/29th/2nd Marine vet during WW II, but I´m not sure of the first name on the flag, as stated.
The house was NOT owned by the gentleman vet 2015 naturally, but the flag was sold amongst other things from the late owner(an attic find or a gift/family related?).
The text states "S/Sgt [??"Peter"/??"Earnie" or "??") Kielbasa, "Com[-pany] H". Any help highly appreciated! Thanks and greetings from Denmark out there
Kielbasa2.jpg
Kielbasa1.jpg

OpanaPointer
Financial supporter

Re: Help reading US signature on Hinomaru flag, please!

Post by OpanaPointer » 31 Jul 2015, 01:45

S/Sgt Ernie
Come visit our sites:
hyperwarHyperwar
World War II Resources

Bellum se ipsum alet, mostly Doritos.

flemming7x64

Post by flemming7x64 » 31 Jul 2015, 01:53

THANKS! Really appreciate it(:

OpanaPointer
Financial supporter

Post by OpanaPointer » 31 Jul 2015, 02:25

Also, that's Company K at the bottom. You may be able to find more information at the Marine Corps Historical Center online. If you decide to donate that flag they might be interested in it, it looks to be in very good shape.
Come visit our sites:
hyperwarHyperwar
World War II Resources

Bellum se ipsum alet, mostly Doritos.

Return to “Other Equipment”