Berichtigungsgerät R36 B

Discussions on the equipment used by the Axis forces, apart from the things covered in the other sections. Hosted by Juha Tompuri
EdwRom

Berichtigungsgerät R36 B

Post by EdwRom » 21 Mar 2016, 00:04

Lately, I have been reading about I./Flak-Regiment 42 (mot.S.) and their VOMAG Geschützwagen and Meßkraftwagen. I have seen the term Berichtigungsgerät R36 B a few times but have not found a photo. Apparently is a correction device for the Entfernungsmesser 4m R (H) rangefinder. That is the default Google translation. However, Berichtigungsgerät can also mean rectification device. If that is the correct translation, it would point to an electrical device. Any idea of what this device did? Anybody has a photo or drawing of it?
Thanks,
Edwin

peeved

Re: Berichtigungsgerät R36 B

Post by peeved » 21 Mar 2016, 00:20

According to this post http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... t#p1862315 the Berichtigungsgerät latched on the rangefinder for its adjustment. In the same thread on the previous page are two photos showing the device attached to a Flak Em 4m R(H).

Markus

EdwRom

Post by EdwRom » 21 Mar 2016, 00:32

Thanks Markus. A search only showed one post and that was not it.
Edwin

EdwRom

Post by EdwRom » 21 Mar 2016, 13:40

Markus:
In the link you posted they used yet another translation for this item's name, "adjusting". I did a Google search using "range finder adjusting device" and got this hit: http://bunkersite.com/bunkeroptik/optics/em-70.php. This is for a smaller rangefinder but at least it shows what it is and tells what it did. It was used for rangefinder collimation [adjusting an optical instrument so that all of its elements are on their designed optical axis (in line and parallel). I thought that I should share this here in case it was not already mentioned.

Return to “Other Equipment”