General physics and advanced plasma research 1935-45

Discussions on the equipment used by the Axis forces, apart from the things covered in the other sections. Hosted by Juha Tompuri
witcher

Post by witcher » 12 Jul 2006, 00:27

I do sort of have a personal interest in obtaining more information on the Richter research. A modern experiment today cost many thousands of dollars and usually at least two years to complete. Any information that eliminates wasted effort is very useful. Also, there is a lack of historic information on this subject. This forum provides a wealth of information to history students not available elsewhere.

On the foo fighters, I'll be honest and say what I really think. I believe they were some sort of directed energy weapon similar to an EMP gun. That would explain the ignition problems on aircraft engines. I found a US plasma gun patent from the 1950s that mentioned a captured "German electric gun" in one sentance. It has never been mentioned elsewhere as far as I know.

Recent (15 years) information on EMP has gone black due to the discovery that electrical "skin effect" equations are known to be useless with EMP. What all of that means is underground bunkers as designed in the 60s were useless.

I enjoy looking under rocks!

Bruce

PPoS

Post by PPoS » 12 Jul 2006, 01:11

Well, I have quite an open mind and like digging and looking under rocks too :) And well whatever the "Foo-Fighters" were they showed remarkable speed and "dexterity" in the airspace. But my opinion on that is that it was probably not any human built technology, I'm not saing it was "aliens" but it was something not made by the Germans.

And about the EMP thing, you say that you believe they were some kind of directed energy weapon, and that it would explain the ignition problems on A/C engines. Well, there is one major problem there, there is not a single report from any pilot that have encountered the "Foo's" that he had problems with his engine. You're mixing it up with the proposed "Bell" experiment at Ohrdruf that caused engines on Allied A/C to fail, there was no "Foo Fighters" to be seen near the planes at that time. You seem to be interested in this so I give you a hint to read the following information :)
The highest known priority for any project in the Third Reich was "KRIEGSENTSCHEIDEND" - decisive for the war. Only one single project was awarded this category under the protocol of 21.7.1942., the AEG electrical giant´s project CHARITE ANLAGE. Directed by Dr Richard Craemer, it involved the use of tremendous voltages in a Plasma Physics project "which will last until at least the end of the war." It is known that this project involved spinning containers of mercury at fantastic speeds within a ceramic bell-shaped object.
However :
They [Foo Fighters] emitted an electro-magnertic field which damaged aircraft radars. They also emitted great heat, and some aircraft reported scorch damage to the fuselage
But :
As regards the second bunker, a witness stated that in 1944 there was an installation below the TUP [FHQ Ohrdruf] which created an electro-magnetic field capable of stopping the engines of a conventional aircraft at seven miles. During the war, the Allies never photographed Ohrdruf from the air, nor bombed it, even though their spies must have assured them it was crawling with SS and scientific groups. A German electro-magnetic field which interfered with their aircraft at altitudes of up to seven miles is admitted by a 1945 USAF Intelligence document. The USAF suspected that it was a device to bring down their bombers, but it obviously had some other purpose, or it would have been operating below Berlin.
On 6 December 1944, the US Military Intelligence Service commenced Research Project 1217 "Investigation into German Possible Use of Rays to Neutralize Allied Aircraft Motors". This resulted from "recent interference phenomena occasionally experienced on operations over Germany in the Frankfurt/Main area." It was usually described as "freakish interference to engines and electrical instruments" over the north bank of the Main River, about ten miles from FHQ Adlerhorst.

In a top secret report entitled "Engine Interference Counter-Measures" addressed to the Director, Air Technical Service Command, Wright Field, Dayton, Ohio, reference was made to OSS discussions about a German unit somewhere near Frankfurt/Main operating:

".....an influence interfering with conventional aircraft.....however incredible it may appear to project from the ground to a height of 30,000 feet sufficient magnetic energy to interfere with the functioning of the ignition system of an airplane, it must be concluded that the enemy not only intends to interfere with our aircraft by some immaterial means, but has also succeeded in accomplishing this intention...."
Source;
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=57853

witcher

Post by witcher » 12 Jul 2006, 16:14

Is the source of this info Cook and/or Witkowski?

If so, I'll be honest again and say I think this is probably 80% disinformation. We have very little undoctered data to rely on.

This weekend I'll scan the patent page mentioning a German WWII electric gun and an IEEE paper from 1957 describing the use of high-speed rotating plasmas for use as high current switches. The switch was used in project Sherwood. No subsequent mention of the rotating "luminous disc" switch was ever made again.

The gun probably left the GIs wondering what they had found. I would guess it was sent back to the US and sat in storage for years. Guessing again, it was probably a laboratory prototype and was used in desperation.

As far as very high energy-voltages etc, EMP generation is sort of like blowing a soap bubble. Too much and it pops, too little nothing happens. EMP plasmoids are related to dimensional physics. They can pass through a Faraday cage.

Bruce

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 12 Jul 2006, 20:33

Interesting program on Discovery Channel about Foo Fighters and unidentified objects.
They apparently take this whole subject seriously and inform viewers that the Foo
fighters were first encountered during WWII by pilots.

PPoS

Post by PPoS » 13 Jul 2006, 17:43

Is the source of this info Cook and/or Witkowski?
Neither, the information about "KRIEGSENTSCHEIDEND" and the experiments at Ohrdruf FHQ is only speculative by different authors. However the information about the "Investigation into German Possible Use of Rays to Neutralize Allied Aircraft Motors" is a official US Intelligence document from 1944.
This weekend I'll scan the patent page mentioning a German WWII electric gun and an IEEE paper from 1957 describing the use of high-speed rotating plasmas for use as high current switches. The switch was used in project Sherwood. No subsequent mention of the rotating "luminous disc" switch was ever made again.
Very interesting, and thank you very much, I would like to analyse it by myself. About the electric gun, do you mean the actual prototype automatic cannon or are you talking about some EMP weapon ?

witcher

Post by witcher » 15 Jul 2006, 19:28

Hello again,
I have scanned two pages of a “coilgun” patent from 1954. The item patented is not so interesting; however, a genuine German/Japanese sliding armature railgun is mentioned. The wording in column 2 rows 65-70 and column 3 rows 5-40 is very interesting. The author starts out saying the German gun may have existed and then goes on to describe what looks like velocity data from a report on said gun. If it did not exist then someone must have dreamed up a full technical analysis. Hypersonic launchers today are not ground breaking but the idea that Germany was attempting to build a military example is surprising. I’ll guess that the WWII plasmoids were launched from a gun of this design. There is a major “missing link”. How did they go from a mass launcher to a plasmoid-emp gun in 1944?

I hope a photo and or the report turns up one day. Possibly it is in Japan or some museum back room.

Because mercury seems to be a common denominator I’ve attached a scan of an interesting “luminous disc”. The mercury ions rotated at 17,000 revolutions per second. (1,000,000+ RPM) The device was described as an ionic motor. The same design was use in Sherwood as a high current switch. Due to the rotation, plasma pinch-off was delayed and allowed extremely high energy switching. I think this concept originated in the 1935-45 period.

Also attached is a simple diagram of the classic electric railgun with projectile for FYI. Coilguns are not related to this design so why a sliding armature gun was mentioned in the patent is puzzling.

I hope someone else can add contribute additional information from a creditable source.

Bruce
Attachments
railpat0.jpg
railpat0.jpg (49.81 KiB) Viewed 3489 times
railpat1.jpg
railpat1.jpg (55.65 KiB) Viewed 3491 times
disk0.jpg
disk0.jpg (27.44 KiB) Viewed 3490 times

witcher

Post by witcher » 15 Jul 2006, 19:30

And the fourth simple example FYI.
Attachments
simple-example.jpg
simple-example.jpg (7.01 KiB) Viewed 3487 times

Thranx20

Pretty advanced stuff for the time.

Post by Thranx20 » 16 Jul 2006, 05:39

I have been reading about this subject and other advanced German Projects for some time, and to think that they were decades possibly "centuries" ahead (If the anti-gravity research fonr bys u.s. scientists in the 50s and 60d id snything to got by, and if the information is ever released!). I have heard in several books and some sites on the net; "sorry I don't remember their names", that SOMETHING may have crashed around 1936 in a part of rural Germany and was picked over by scientists and the SS. Yes this "information" comes from a couple of conspiracy sites but some well know Ufologists have speculated about this possible "incident". How could they have been so far ahed of EVERYONE else in certain thing such as some physics, advanced explosives, possible anti-gravity tech....etc?

About the Foo-fighters....until we get more information it seems to be a cross between advanced German Tech and Extraterrestrial visitors, But the foo-fighters were seen by members of both the axis and allies in every theather of the war and everybody else and their mother thought that it was advanced tech of each other!

What the hell was really going on during the last stages of the war?

PPoS

Post by PPoS » 16 Jul 2006, 20:27

How could they have been so far ahed of EVERYONE else in certain thing such as some physics, advanced explosives, possible anti-gravity tech....etc?
Well, you're saying that the Germans recovered alien technology before the war and became über advanced in technology, this is plain bogus. Truth is that the Germans actually weren't so far ahead of everyone as you say, in some cases YES like rocketry but that wasn't based on alien technology.
About the Foo-fighters....until we get more information it seems to be a cross between advanced German Tech and Extraterrestrial visitors, But the foo-fighters were seen by members of both the axis and allies in every theather of the war and everybody else and their mother thought that it was advanced tech of each other!
Please, try keeping this discussion abit more realistic, the "Foo-Fighters" were some kind of unexplained phenomena but it's highly inprobable that they were German technology. "Foo-Fighters", though they got their name during 1944, were spotted even before the World War 2 and when they were spotted again during the 40's they were spotted by both Germans, Brits, Americans and French. This concludes that it was not any kind of German über weapon used against the Allies, and as well, there is no way anyone could have posessed this kind of high-technology (if it was) not even today.

Thranx20

Post by Thranx20 » 19 Jul 2006, 09:48

Sorry, jesus. What I meant on the last post was that Its higly Improbabale the Germans had this, and it was sighted by every side in every Thather of the war. The only reason I said it was cross up of either German or extraterrestrial..................oh screw it. It WAS I believe extraterrestrial in origin, I think we had crossed a threshold in technology during that time and than THEY.......WHOEVER "THEY" ARE got more interested in us for some reason, we now had the resources to put objects and people into orbit and space and the ability to literally "destroy" the planet with Nuclear weapons and possibly take our war mongering ways with us to space.

Don't beat me up over the 1936 ufo crash qoute I was just discussing domething I heard on a website, that is all... I did not say to mean that That ACTUALLY HAPPENED. I don't think it did but you never know.

Sorry about my spelling, I am typing very quickly right now......it's been a long day.

PPoS

Post by PPoS » 20 Jul 2006, 18:48

Hehe np .. Well I don't believe that 1936 extraterrestrial crash in Poland or Germany or whatever. I have no clue what the "Foo-Fighters" were, but I'm certain it wasn't technology from any country .. So it's possible that it was extraterrestrial even though I don't believe it, but I have a hard time coming up with an explanation for the phenomena.

jpowell180

Post by jpowell180 » 08 Aug 2006, 03:57

...If the plasma would have overheated, if could have adversely affected the coolant systems for the antimatter chamber, resulting in a Warp Core Breach...

witcher

Post by witcher » 08 Aug 2006, 15:46

Hows' the weather in Huntsville?
Bruce

ohrdruf

Post by ohrdruf » 09 Aug 2006, 17:21

I think I should correct an error in the foregoing posts. The AEG documents dating from 1943 referring to a KRIEGSENTSCHEIDEND project, and the references to unexplained interference with the engines of Allied aircraft over Germany, are declassified documents available at NARA, and copies are reproduced in Igor Witkowski's book. Is Witcher is suggesting that the United States infiltrates falsified documents into the public archive as "disinformation"? .

It is important to distinguish between Witkowski's books of research and Cook's novel. Whereas Cook consulted with Witkowski for information, his "theory" is that Kammler brought the German electro-magnetic project to the United States in consideration of a new identity and so forth. There is no evidence for such a scenario, Cook "just feels it in his bones".

A number of unexplained structures and bunkers are to be found at Lake Nahuel Haupi near Bariloche whose purpose is not certain. Unusual "natural" phenomena are regularly reported from another region of Argentina since the 1950s. An EMP weapon is claimed for Germany in 1944 by former SS General Emil Klein.

Amongst the hundreds of reports submitted by RAF and USAF aircrew on sightings of "foo-fighters", it is interesting to note in the declassified documents the amount of material deleted by the Censor. This would indicate that certain facts are known about "foo-fighters" which continue to be withheld sixty years after the event. Investigators would do well to pursue their enquiry into the "Kugelblitz" anti-aircraft device which also remains Top Secret. From British and American sources all that is known about this device is that it was propelled by two different kinds of engine. Therefore it is evident that Germany produced some kind of possibly remote-controlled device for use at altitude whose real objective remains unknown. From the "foo-fighter" reports it may be significant that in two cases, one British and the other American, the gunner-observer stated that while watching the glowing red ball alongside, it emerged as a "model aircraft" for a brief period of time. The glowing red (also other colours were reported) ball did not appear on radar and was invulnerable to cannon fire. The fact that the phenomenon was also reported by German aircraft mnight suggest some kind of homing device in the "model aircraft" to ANY airborne radar installation. How a guided "model aircraft" can appear almost all the time to be a fuzzy ball of red light is something which the American and British intelligence services know, but feel it is important that we do not.

witcher

Superconductivity and cryogenics

Post by witcher » 12 Oct 2006, 15:58

Hello again, Does anyone know if any superconductive cryogenic experiments were carried out?

I believe that during the period in question liquid helium, high purity mercury, niobium, lead, aluminum, vanadium etc.. were available.

Did any of Witkowski's books or Cook's novel mention superconductivity or cryogenics relative to Kammler's groupe? (...but not liquid oxygen cryogenics for V2)

I wonder if any cryogenic equipment was found in the underground sites.

Also on the prior post:
"There was also other work by Richter in Silesia near the border with Czechoslovakia in a disused coal mine" .... this has not been verified.

Bruce

Return to “Other Equipment”