Repro SS honor daggers?

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Truffelschwein

Repro SS honor daggers?

Post by Truffelschwein » 29 Feb 2008, 04:11

I've been interested in purchasing a reproduction SS honor dagger for a while now however I am not quite sure on exactly which one I should buy or where I should buy them from. I notice that the prices range from $11 to $60 and the they all seem to be the same. Can someone help me out here?

What is the difference between this one:
http://www.trueswords.com/ss-officers-d ... -2688.html

and this one:
http://www.realmcollections.com/p7559/g ... ce=froogle

dajpun

Re: Repro SS honor daggers?

Post by dajpun » 29 Feb 2008, 23:48

Hi dont think there is anything between them most copies are made in china and the ones I have seen are often poor quality, http://www.thirdreich.ca have a better quality dagger with a wooden handle it costs $375 , havent purchased anything from this site so can't comment on the quality of the items maybe someone else on the forum has , hope its of some help
thanks David

Truffelschwein

Post by Truffelschwein » 02 Mar 2008, 21:45

Has anyone here purchased any? Are the 10$ ones the same quality as the 60$ ones?

Rich Yankowski

Post by Rich Yankowski » 03 Mar 2008, 04:00

I bought one on Ebay years ago for about $30.I doubt there is much difference between the $10 and $60 ones,so if you relly want a repro,save some money and get the cheaper one.
Just after I bought my $30 repro,I bought $30 of raffle tickets at another forum and won a real one!Not chained and it's a RZM later version,but what he heck! :D

Dagger and wound badge are real,stickpins might be real,the rest are repros(except the GDC pin).
Attachments
SS.jpg
SS.jpg (38.96 KiB) Viewed 5275 times

Truffelschwein

Post by Truffelschwein » 07 Apr 2008, 21:36

Does the repro look and feel like a real knife or does it feel like a toy? What I mean is that could it be passed off as being a real knife in a battle reproduction or something like that?

Bret van Sant
Location: 1st star to the right then straight on 'till morning

Post by Bret van Sant » 08 Apr 2008, 03:20

Rich, just keep rubbin it dude!!! luck dog:) whats that been 7 years ago? back when they were raffling off G.O.'s and the like. It was a good forum then huh! BTW I did speak with Mike Mc. on the phone a week or two ago. he is doing fine. Looks like he may be around the GDC forum a bit more soon. To the member looking for the repo,Just buy the cheapest one you can find its all the same!
Bret

CollectorBOB

Post by CollectorBOB » 08 Apr 2008, 11:52

[quote="Truffelschwein"]Does the repro look and feel like a real knife or does it feel like a toy? What I mean is that could it be passed off as being a real knife in a battle reproduction or something like that?[/quot Those cheap repros are nothing like originals: they are smaller, have plastic handles, cheap plating, & are easy to spot as fakes.

Truffelschwein

Post by Truffelschwein » 05 Sep 2008, 20:28

I bought a repro-SS dagger online for about $10, not including shipping. It looks a lot better than I initially thought, but I'd still like to have a high quality repro-dagger. Does anyone here know a website that sells higher quality repro-daggers like the one discussed for under $200? I'd like to buy a genuine dagger, but they all seem to be $2,000 and over. I'd like a repro with a wood handle and leather holder, etc.

söldner

Post by söldner » 05 Dec 2009, 08:47

if youre looking for a good dagger for a good price, and in a craftsman mood, its possible, but would require quite a bit of work(depending on how you look at it) look around for overall dimension by part, or ask someone sellin or who has an origional, such as rich yankowski. find a blade that matches those dimension, get the wood and hardware, and take your time. put pride into your impression. and major braggin rights. you should be able to find blades at jamesthejust.com

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”