Who's signature is this in Königsberg 1943

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
konnex

Re: Who's signature is this in Königsberg 1943

Post by konnex » 28 Feb 2011, 16:53

Tilman, it was 20 years ago at an antique shop in USA near Boston, I paid next to nothing as the guy had no idea as to its value (neither did I at the time) including the OFLAG stamps I mentioned above. So cost is no issue here.
However the document link that UlrichH was able to find points to a document from a month earlier than mine in which this signature appears several times, plus that document contains the text that's in mine document. I feel that in light of the above it is very likely that this is a "good" document; evidence is right there. The link worked for me before (now it doesn't) if I have to I will go to the Polish IPN and look at the actual Stroops report to see the signatures.

giselher

Post by giselher » 28 Feb 2011, 18:02

Hi Konnex, well, I can't add any more. Maybe you can check the other papers that you got if they are real and approach the issue from there... Good luck and all the best Tilman PS: I was in Warsaw just last week. Very intersting city I must say. Bought the book by Norman Davies on the Warsaw Uprising 1944.

AliasDavid

Post by AliasDavid » 28 Feb 2011, 20:01

As mentioned before, the signature is that of Sturmbannführer (and not Brigadeführer) Max Jesuiter, Stroop's chief of staff. I am convinced somebody played around with the elements of the Stroop report, replacing "Bezirk Warschau" with "Bezirk Königsberg" and "Stroop, Brigadeführer" with "Jesuiter, Brigadeführer". Add to that the phantasy stamp. The document looks like a forger's exercise too me.
UlrichH

konnex

Post by konnex » 28 Feb 2011, 20:25

OK, so it is a forgery- I accept what seems to be a fact. Thanks to you all; as a token of my appreciation should you need anything to look up or whatever in Warsaw let me know. Thanks again to you all.
K

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”