Axis History Forum

This is an apolitical forum for discussions on the Axis nations and related topics hosted by Marcus Wendel's Axis History Factbook in cooperation with Michael Miller's Axis Biographical Research, Christoph Awender's WW2 day by dayand Christian Ankerstjerne’s Panzerworld.

Skip to content

If you found the forum useful please consider supporting us. You can also support us by buying books through the AHF Bookstore.

Gestapo Posters

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.

Gestapo Posters

Postby David E M on 04 Sep 2011 04:15

G'Day, I downloaded a doco from you tube on the Gestapo. In one of the episodes it showed posters depicting "your friendly local Gestop man" and "The Gestapo is here to help you" . I have never seen these anywhere before. A google search only seems to bring up rock bands. A forum search - no results. Has anyone seen or know where I can get some of these posters? Not originals just copies.
Thanks in advance.
Regards, DEM.
David E M
Australia

Re: Gestapo Posters

Postby gumby510 on 04 Sep 2011 08:23

In all the years I have been collecting posters I have never seen such posters. This is the only gestapo poster I have ever seen. This one is a repo and for sale for 40 bucks.

http://snyderstreasures.com/images/pape ... tapoBW.jpg
gumby510
United States

Postby David E M on 05 Sep 2011 07:34

Thanks for that, its a start. on youtube they show a brief glimpse of the posters, I think its in episode 4 of the gestapo.
Cheers.
DEM
David E M
Australia

Postby scruffy on 05 Sep 2011 22:03

i once had an original just like like gumby's ,... it was lithographed / printed on very heavy, acidic card stock ,... the ' pulp ' used in the mfg. process was poor quality and it literally fell apart , if you even looked at them funny ,.... i doubt that more than a handful exist , in any condition ,.. { the fakes are printed on thin paper & easy to spot }
scruffy
United States

Postby Arto O on 05 Sep 2011 22:12

Hi,
Doesn´t really help in anything, but never remember to see any these kind of posters. The secret police wasn´t popular anywhere: Germany, Russia etc. So I don´t believe that these kind of posters were ever printed. It would have help them anything in their popolarity. I hope, I am wrong and you can find the poster.
Cheers
Arto
Arto O
Peru

Postby David E M on 06 Sep 2011 02:42

Thanks Guys, like I said I am not after an original. I have never heard or seen anything like this, until I saw the youtube clip. they must have got them from some where.
Cheers.
David E M.
David E M
Australia

Postby Waldbruder on 06 Sep 2011 08:37

@ David:

Did you mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D40dgKB1mg0#t=2m09s

If yes, the translation is:

written red in kurrent: "The police", written black in latin: "your friend your helper" (Die Polizei-dein Freund dein Helfer)

In the second Poster too. I think there is meant Kripo.

written red in the children game: "The good Schupo" (Der gute Schupo) I can not read the black written sentence below.

There was a little bit difference between Police in general, Schupo (Uniformed Police) and Gestapo.

When i am wrong please correct me and post the right youtube link. I am interested in Posters too.

regards Gerald
I am searching for all kind of information (men,anti partisan action,etc.) about Pettau(Ptuj) branch from KdS Marburg/Drau(Maribor) 1941-1944
Waldbruder
Austria

Postby David E M on 07 Sep 2011 10:04

Gerald,
Yes, thats correct those are the two. I'm still looking, if I find them I'll post the link here.
Thanks guys.
David E M.
David E M
Australia

Postby gumby510 on 08 Sep 2011 04:14

Thanks for posting that video! You can tell that poster was early war as it was very bright and colorful. Most likley printed from 1938-1943. After 1943 you will notice very dreary 2 tone colors as there wasn't any colored ink around. They probly hung those around schools and children summer camps.
gumby510
United States

Return to Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items