Luftwaffe poster.........

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
randomclark

Luftwaffe poster.........

Post by randomclark » 06 Dec 2014, 00:53

I found this poster amongst a stack of artifacts my dad brought back at the conclusion of WWII. I've been fortunate in that I've been able to get valuable and interesting info re the poster from knowledgeable members of other forums. But in anticipation of selling it I've had no luck in even getting a ballpark range of potential value. Anyone care to toss in an educated guesstimate?

due to camera limitations I had to take 3 photos to capture the entire content.

much appreciated.

RandomClark
Attachments
view of right side.jpg
view of left side.jpg
center shot.jpg
cover.jpg

Natter

Re: Luftwaffe poster.........

Post by Natter » 06 Dec 2014, 02:49

There are several types of posters like this. I've had some of the "Bilder der Woche" series (one new poster was published every other week, with different themes): I have attached photos of one example.

I don't remember what I sold mine for, but you can find many of these online - for instance on Abe Books (I see several currently listed around $20).
Attachments
bdw2.jpg
bdw2.jpg (108.97 KiB) Viewed 620 times
bdw1.jpg

randomclark

Post by randomclark » 06 Dec 2014, 03:02

good info, i'll check Able Books (I'm not familiar with them);

if it is worth so little, no reason to sell it........better off including it in a WWII artifact package I'm putting together for my grandkids.

by the way, one guy told me: "..... in my opinion it is rather rare stuff , the first time I see Dickfeld and Galland as well Captain Marseille depicted with Hitler Jugend . Also depicted G.Rall ,Maj.Oesau,Maj.Lent, Hogenbaeck etc..recipients of Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves.

do you feel his input was solid?

thks

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 07 Dec 2014, 02:53

Natter is correct.
No! to your final line question.
These types of German Homefront-Propaganda-Morale Booster-*posters(more of an insert) are common, thousands all over at shows, www sites, very hard to sell, I have had hundreds of these types in my hard core TR collecting days, and am glad to have sold them when I had opportunity to.

randomclark

Post by randomclark » 07 Dec 2014, 02:57

thanks...............you guys probably kept me from embarrassing myself; much appreciated.

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”