Panzer Troops Autographs & Signatures 1942-1944 Visitor's Book

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
Ian Sayer

Panzer Troops Autographs & Signatures 1942-1944 Visitor's Book

Post by Ian Sayer » 18 Dec 2014, 11:59

Some 35 years ago I purchased a Visitor's Book which had been 'liberated' by British Forces in the vicinity of Bergen-Belsen.
The book was kept in the Officer's Mess at Panzertruppenschule II in Wünsdorf.This is the Wikipedia entry concerning that unit:

Panzertruppenschule II (Armoured Troops School No.2) was the second of two major schools set up by the German Panzerwaffe in World War II to train German armour officers to operate Panzers. It was based in Wünsdorf, Germany.
The Panzertruppenschule was a 'branch school', where officer candidates were sent after 12–16 weeks spent in basic training, and having successfully undertaken an 8 week course at a Kriegsschule.
Prospective panzer troops, known as Fähnrich undertook a 16 week training course which aimed to familiarise the officer candidates with the nuances and workings of a Panzer, and also with the tactics to be used when commanding panzers in the field.
Upon graduation, the recruit was promoted to Oberfähnrich and sent on field probation.
The Instructors were chosen because of their skill, and many had seen action and received decorations.
In late 1943, the school was stripped of its experienced instructors, who were used to form the élite Panzer-Lehr-Division.

Although the book was initiated in 1940 it does not seem to have been used until February 1942. From then until October 1944 it was extensively used.
Over the years , from time to time, I have identified some of the officers many of whom will be recognised by members of the forum.

I now propose to extend my research and request the assistance of forum members in identifying as many of the signatures as possible. From today I will begin posting the whole visitor's book, page by page.

I have numbered each signature so would anybody who is kind enough to help please use that number in the identification process. Brief biographical information would also be useful where it is available.

Thank you in advance. I hope you find these pages, some of which are illustrated, interesting.

Ian
Attachments
BELSEN - PANZER TRAINING SCHOOL - GUEST BOOK (IKT) 006A.jpg
BELSEN - PANZER TRAINING SCHOOL - GUEST BOOK (IKT) 005A.jpg
BELSEN - PANZER TRAINING SCHOOL - GUEST BOOK (IKT) 004A.jpg

hucks216

Re: Panzer Troops Autographs & Signatures 1942-1944 Visitor's Book

Post by hucks216 » 18 Dec 2014, 17:18

Ian Sayer

Re: Panzer Troops Autographs & Signatures 1942-1944 Visitor's Book

Post by Ian Sayer » 19 Dec 2014, 12:52

Thanks Hucks