Letters A T after the Fpn = ?

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
B446

Letters A T after the Fpn = ?

Post by B446 » 17 Feb 2015, 23:48

Hi,
I've found the fpn on Axis but do not know what mean the last 2 letters....any ideas ?
Frank.
Attachments
IMG_0390.JPG

B446

FEA5 = FPN ?

Post by B446 » 17 Feb 2015, 23:49

Ok, wrong letter, sorry. So what about this one ?
Frank

Prosper Vandenbroucke

Re: Letters A T after the Fpn = ?

Post by Prosper Vandenbroucke » 18 Feb 2015, 00:57

Hello,

I am not sure at all but I think that I can read:
Flach Helferin Emilie Dachtler. (Flach mus t stand for Flak. I think that the word is mispelled)
There was a Luftwaffe Kaserne in Zirndorf bei Nürnberg ans the letter was posted in Zirndorf.
I don't think that FEA5 is an FP (maybe an abbreviation of what is wrote on the stamp with the eagle.)
IMG_0390.JPG
IMG_0390.JPG (79.59 KiB) Viewed 615 times
Kindy regards
Prosper

GregSingh

Post by GregSingh » 18 Feb 2015, 10:07

Flakscheinwerfer-Ersatz-Abteilung 5.

Exactly on the stamp is Flakscheinw Ersatz Abteilung 5

history1
Banned

Re:What does FEA 5 mean?

Post by history1 » 18 Feb 2015, 11:50

I agree that Ottilie (not Emilie) misspelled the abbr. "Flak" with "Flack".
Greg is right too of course!

Don´t know how your caption "Letters A T after the Fpn = ?" should fit in this tread, Frank? There is no 5 digit FPN anywhere on this document.
BTW, the numbers in the circle are the postcodes.
Last edited by history1 on 18 Feb 2015, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.

Prosper Vandenbroucke

Post by Prosper Vandenbroucke » 18 Feb 2015, 13:08

Hello,
Yes i think Greg is right it must be "Flakscheinw Ersatz Abteilung 5" on the stamp.
Sorry but I couldn't read the whole word on the stamp.
And yes it's Ottilie. It's a strange name, but I saw in an other post that it exist:
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 3#p1929753
Regards
Prosper :wink:

B446

Re: Re:What does FEA 5 mean?

Post by B446 » 18 Feb 2015, 17:45

history1 wrote:I agree that Ottilie (not Emilie) misspelled the abbr. "Flak" with "Flack".
Greg is right too of course!

Don´t know how your caption "Letters A T after the Fpn = ?" should fit in this tread, Frank? There is no 5 digit FPN anywhere on this document.
BTW, the numbers in the circle are the postcodes.
As you can see on top of this tread, i've put the wrong cover and cannot find the way to remove it. So under it you can read
"Ok, wrong letter, sorry. So what about this one ?"....
thanks.

B446

Post by B446 » 18 Feb 2015, 22:44

Hi,
here the inside of this: letter.http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 6&t=213808
I've post a few letter and enveloppe in the last week, but I still don't know if this soldier who wrote these letter are a man or a woman and what his is name ? To know his or her name would be extremely helpfull for my project. I know that this one is a girl but for the other it is the same person...?
Thanks again,
Frank.

history1
Banned

Post by history1 » 19 Feb 2015, 11:23

Hi Frank,

I told you already that you should post your requests in the "Breaking the Sound Barrier" subforum but you are changing continuously within this and the "Axis Documents,.." subforum, while latter is for discussions about documents not for translations. You need help for reading the German text, often abbr., and translating them in English so that it will help you to catch the content.
If all requests are in one subforum its easier to keep a clear view and nothing will be missed.
But let´s start to list what we know until now!

There´s a family which lived in Ludwigsburg in the Brenzengasse 18 with the last name DACHTLER.
There lives a man with the christian name
1: "Eugen Dachtler". As Ottilie don´t address her writing to Mr (Herrn) Eugen Dachtler but to "Family (Familie) Eugen Dachtler" we can assume that Eugen is her father, the head of the family.
2: Ottilie D., she served in Nürnberg in the anti- aircraft searchlight troop of an anti-aircraft unit (Flak = Flugabwehr-Kanone = "aircraft defence cannon")
3: August D. , the brother of Ottile was writing a letter from Italy.
4. Rudolf D., wrote a letter in November 1939 from the Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia to (see next line)
5. Karoline D. who lived at the same adress as Eugen D. but on the envelope we read "Wagnermtr. Wtw. = Wagnermeister - Witwe = Widow of the master wheelwright".
6. Heinrich Wecker wrote in June 1942 a letter from the Ukraine to
7. Elsbeth (called Sissi) Wecker, housed by mayor Veith in Neckarweihingen (since 1974 a dristrict of Ludwigsburg).

Then we have the envelope with the sender " 3.Batterie (leichte) / Heeres-Flakartillerie-Ersatz-Abteilung 272" from the city Belgard in Pomerania (nowadays Białogard, Poland) adressed " To the siblings Dachtler" in Ludwigsburg. But as I don´t see the corresponding letter I can´t say who wrote it.

For further requests, please, use exclusively the "Breaking the Sound Barrier" subforum.

Roman
Last edited by history1 on 19 Feb 2015, 12:15, edited 1 time in total.

B446

Post by B446 » 19 Feb 2015, 11:58

Thank you for your time sir, well done. I'll use "Breaking the Sound Barrier" next time,
Frank.

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”