Oberfeldkommandantur document

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
Satzar

Oberfeldkommandantur document

Post by Satzar » 08 Aug 2015, 18:41

Hi everyone !

I have the possibility to buy this item but I wanted to know if it's genuine first. I have never seen one of these before and I coulnd't find any informations about it on the web. So, in your opinion, is it good ?

Thanks for the help !

Regards,

Satzar
Attachments
$_57.JPG

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: Oberfeldkommandantur document

Post by John G. » 09 Aug 2015, 00:58

Honestly, impossible to make a call on something like this... you need to feel the paper, see the stamp & signatures... and you'd need "highest" magnification to see if the documents are actually blockprinted or photo copies.

I wouldn't pay more than a "token" amount for it myself..., my gut opinion is that it's a copy or faked document.... but I'd have to have it in hand for a real opinion.
John G.

Satzar

Post by Satzar » 15 Aug 2015, 15:13

Thanks for your answer !

I had the same feeling about it. I felt like it was not genuine and that's why I posted it here.
I ended up not buying it finally

Regards,

Satzar

Martinski

Post by Martinski » 15 Aug 2015, 20:46

Hello,

I think at first sight and after reading that it's indeed an real document. It is premade (preprinted) in German and in French. The address (Leopoldsplatz 5-6 Arel) is indeed an existing address in the town of ARLON, the most Southern town of Belgium; just at the border with Luxemburg. The address is a restaurant now (Les Arcades), but the building is indeed prewar.
The town of Arel (ARLON in French) is in the French-speaking part of Belgium; so the double language in the document make sense as well.

The text is nothing special, just an preprinted order, filled out at the address of the Mayor of Longchamps (S-E of Brussels; 142 km from Arlon) that he will be visited by the bearer of this document. The Mayor has to let the bearer of this document to check the police registers of his town.

John, my opinion is that this document is far too common and too complicated (the correct address; 2 languages etc) to fake. I guess one can obtain these kind of preprints for a real cheap price.

Regards; Martin

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 16 Aug 2015, 12:03

Martin, I totally agree- but photocopied blanks also confuse the issue... I agree, too, that it probably is 100% original... but as I said... a photograph doesn't show enough to judge fairly either way... and as you said... only of "minor interest" historically so of only "token" value... (doesn't mean it wouldn't be copied and hyped, especially in "E-bay land"- nothing is too complicated for fakes out to make money and screw people.)
Best always,
John G.

Satzar

Post by Satzar » 19 Aug 2015, 15:01

Hi,

Thanks to both of you for your research and your help !

The content is in fact of minor interest historically but, personnaly, I'm interested in the german administration of Belgium during the occupation. So, I find this kind of docs really interesting. The problem is that there is not so much information about this subject available...

Regards,

Satzar

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”