"Landser" Magazine

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
Richard Hargreaves

Re: "Landser" Magazine

Post by Richard Hargreaves » 02 Nov 2010, 14:24

Politically correct? Blimey, my work colleagues might disagree :D

general g
Banned

Post by general g » 02 Nov 2010, 15:22

Richard Hargreaves wrote:
general g wrote:
Richard Hargreaves wrote:There used to be quite a few volumes of Landser floating around on the web as .pdf. Most of them are trashy Boy's Own-esque or Commando-style (minus the cartoons) tales of derring do and can go straight in the bin (unless that's your thing of course :) ) There are a few non-fiction nuggets among them - I think these are the Grossband ("big volume") editions (c.70-80 pages). You'll find some gems there, such as Gerd Stamp's Helbig Flyers.
What an exaggeration. 8O
8O I think 20 years' researching the Wehrmacht, a library of 3,000+ books, stints in archives across the world and god knows how many Erlebnisberichte in my collection make me a reasonably good judge of Landser editions.
I also have a big library on the wehrmacht and still disagree with your opinion on Der Landser.I do not look down on vulgarised military history.

general g
Banned

Post by general g » 02 Nov 2010, 15:23

Richard Hargreaves wrote:Politically correct? Blimey, my work colleagues might disagree :D
Was not said about you.

Luftflotte2

Post by Luftflotte2 » 02 Nov 2010, 22:13

general g, i may not be understanding this right, but it seems like you post comments just to agitate and argue against any member, who states an opinion or a fact.

Is this how you get your enjoyment, your daily laugh? :roll:
If you have an opinion, give evidence to support it, so maybe other member's such as myself understand your point of view.

general g
Banned

Post by general g » 04 Nov 2010, 11:07

Luftflotte2 wrote:general g, i may not be understanding this right, but it seems like you post comments just to agitate and argue against any member, who states an opinion or a fact.

Is this how you get your enjoyment, your daily laugh? :roll:
If you have an opinion, give evidence to support it, so maybe other member's such as myself understand your point of view.
You must not have read many of my postings.and i will continue to not disdain military history written in a more vulgarised form as in der landser.

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Post by Dieter Zinke » 04 Nov 2010, 19:42

A very long time ago I bought a "Landser" Magazine about the battles against the Red Army in 1944.

I couldn't trust my eyes reading "Werchi ruck" - instead of "Ruki wwerch" :lol: :lol: :lol:
(Ruki wwerch , Руки Bверх, Hands up, Hände hoch).

So you live and learn.
Since that time I only bought them as a remaining stock on the occasion of a flea market
because of missing pics or because of short bios by Dr. Gerd Heuer.

Dieter Z.

eindhoven

Post by eindhoven » 10 Jul 2014, 06:57

I realize this is an older thread. I was always interested in these. I vaguely remember them from my youth for sale in stores. Recently I got some off Ebay hoping for historical content that had not been published in English before. Needless to say this example is typical of what I am finding.

"Als der Abend einfiel, wurde der Kommandeurpanzer vermißt, überall ließ Meyer Nach Wittmann suchen. Er befragte sämtliche Panzerbesatzungen, die in der Nähe des Obersturmführers gefahren waren. Und dann hatten sie die Gewißheit.

An der spitze seiner 'Tiger' vorsturmend, hatte sich Michael Wittmann in das dichteste Kampfgewühl begeben und ostwärts Cintheaux ein Sherman-Rudel gestellt. Er vernichtete zwei Shermans und schoß einen dritten bewegungsunfähig, dann führte er seine Kampfgruppe weiter nach Norden vor. Er fuhr in die gewaltige übermacht hinein, wurde von Granaten überschüttet. Drei, vier oder fünf Sherman-Panzer schossen den 'Tiger' schließlich von drei Seiten zusammen.

Brände stießen aus den Luken empor, keiner der Besatzung kam heil as dem Kampfwagen heraus. Alle waren sie wahrscheinlich von den einschlagenden Granaten schon vorher getötet worden."

As evening fell, the tank commander was missing, Meyer searched everywhere for Wittmann. He questioned all the tank crews who had been driving in the vicinity of the Obersturmführer. And then he knew for certain.

At the tip of his 'Tiger' attack, Michael Wittmann had gone into the densest throng of the fight and East of Cintheaux ran into a Sherman battle group. He destroyed two Shermans and immobilized a third, then he led his battle further on northward. He drove into the thick of the raging battle, was showered with rounds. Three, four or five Sherman tanks shot the 'Tiger' from three sides together.

Fires came up out of the hatches, none of the crew came out of the tank. They had all probably been killed by the impacting rounds before.

Needless to say......I will likely not be after any more.
Attachments
Der Landser 606 Michael Wittmann.jpg

panzerhan

Post by panzerhan » 21 Aug 2014, 10:15

This is from 2013 but I've just recently seen it...

http://www.dw.de/publishing-house-termi ... a-16989362

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”