New movie Heydrich

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
AlexandrosIII

Re: New movie Heydrich

Post by AlexandrosIII » 29 Oct 2011, 09:39

It's about time Heydrich is portrayed by someone that actually looks a bit like him! I remember Kenneth Branagh in an early 2000s HBO movie titled "Conspiracy", and he looked nothing like him. I always thought that Heydrich was almost fascinatinly ugly - maybe one of the ugliest faces I have seen in historical photos (and his death mask is scary - those that wonder if he was human at all, they have a very good argument not only judging by his acts, but his face too!)

As for history vs. movies, real history is only found in books (or certain documentaries) by professional historians. This films looks interesting.

bob7708

Post by bob7708 » 29 Oct 2011, 16:30

AlexandrosIII wrote:It's about time Heydrich is portrayed by someone that actually looks a bit like him! I remember Kenneth Branagh in an early 2000s HBO movie titled "Conspiracy", and he looked nothing like him. I always thought that Heydrich was almost fascinatinly ugly - maybe one of the ugliest faces I have seen in historical photos (and his death mask is scary - those that wonder if he was human at all, they have a very good argument not only judging by his acts, but his face too!)

As for history vs. movies, real history is only found in books (or certain documentaries) by professional historians. This films looks interesting.

I know what you mean about Heydrick's death mask. it was scary and repulsive...just as he was when he was the number two man in the SS and Gauleiter of Czechoslovakia.

von thoma

Post by von thoma » 29 Oct 2011, 18:24

bob7708 wrote:just as he was when he was the number two man in the SS and Gauleiter of Czechoslovakia.
But Heydrich was not a Gauleiter, was exactly deputy "Reichsprotektor Böhmen und Mähren".
That was his title in Czechoslovakia.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

bob7708

Post by bob7708 » 29 Oct 2011, 20:11

von thoma wrote:
bob7708 wrote:just as he was when he was the number two man in the SS and Gauleiter of Czechoslovakia.
But Heydrich was not a Gauleiter, was exactly deputy "Reichsprotektor Böhmen und Mähren".
That was his title in Czechoslovakia.

I read both ways but yes your right to point that out and I do remember the term Protectorate used instead of Gauteiter in describing his title. Thanks. :)
Hitler was so impressed with the brutality with which Heydrick demonstrated in suppressing the Czech citizens, he appointed him #2 man in the SS directly under Himmler.

bob7708

Post by bob7708 » 29 Oct 2011, 21:24

When is the new Lidici film soming to the U.S.A. or is it heare aleady? I buy my films from Amazon.com but it's not there yet.

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”