There are some basic guidelines:
1) Only post the invitations for a game in this thread, ask other members to PM/email you, and make the detailed arrangements in private
2) Do not reply to invitations in this thread
3) Specify the game (that should be a no-brainer)
4) Specify how you would like to play it (PBEM/TCP/Meet once a week in the pub for a board-game/etc)
5) If your invite is no longer valid, have the courtesy to edit it, but do not post another post saying 'thanks, I have an opponent'.
6) To not post here complaining about your opponent - posts along the lines of "Member suchandsuch is a Neenahead because he disconnected when I was about to spank him in our TCP game" "Member suchandsuch is gamey because he uses only Ubertanks" will be deleted.
So, an invite could look as follows:
Looking for someone to play CMAK 'The Creek' scenario from the CD via PBEM with. PM me.
Looking for an opponent to play a co-op mission in IL2-FB this Sunday afternoon GMT. PM me.
You get the idea.
If there is enough interest, we are also considering providing another sticky for good AARs (I'll be the judge, jury, executioner on that ).
If you have suggestions for improving this, let me know.
All the best