Death Inside Hitler's Bunker DVD

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
graham23s

Death Inside Hitler's Bunker DVD

Post by graham23s » 03 Dec 2005, 23:09

has anyone seen this documentary dvd it's quite good best i'v seen in a while at the very end the russians(last year i think it was) show the public what was taken from hitlers bunker a few books etc,they also show whats left of hitler,Eva and magda goebbles mainly teeth then they show 2 of hitlers jackets and both his visor caps and put them on display they are in impecible condition they could have been made yesterday

Source Death Inside Hitlers Bunker DVD

Hitlers Teeth:
Hiters Jackets

Graham

shaunuk

Post by shaunuk » 23 Jan 2006, 13:41

Yeah i have the dvd i had to import it from the Netherlands to the uk as not yet avail here, a very interesting and upto-date documentary one of the best i have seen....

blueboyukb

Post by blueboyukb » 23 Jan 2006, 21:25

i haven`t seen that one. i did see a doc. a year or so ago where a forensic dentist travelled to the kgb archive in moscow and identified the teeth as being from hitler. but the cap and tunics etc, i would love to see that!!.

Cor

Post by Cor » 28 Jan 2006, 20:10

I saw the documentary today and it was quite good. In the beginning ypu see some images of the bunker far after the war, but we're these images from the vorbunker or the fuhrerbunker. In the movie it seems they we;re in the room where hitler killed himself, but I read in the after the battle that this room was partially collapsed and it was flooded with water. So we're this really images of the rooms of hitler???

Further in the movie Rochus Misch called the person who give the poison to the kids of the goebells, dr Strumpfe, i thought he was called Stumpfegger. Why called Misch him Strumpfe or was this just a translation error.

Potsdamerplatz

Post by Potsdamerplatz » 31 Jan 2006, 01:07

In the movie it seems they we;re in the room where hitler killed himself, but I read in the after the battle that this room was partially collapsed and it was flooded with water. So we're this really images of the rooms of hitler???
I have seen black and white photographs of this from summer 1945 when the Americans were allowed in to inspect the Fuhrerbunker and I also remember it being flooded and thinking it strange - the water was up to the knees of the visiting GIs. I wonder how this could have happened, but it was definitely Hitler's suite of rooms.

Yes I think this documentary looks excellent and I will definitely have to get a copy on DVD as soon as it is released in the United Kingdom.

Regards,

DAVID

Cor

Post by Cor » 31 Jan 2006, 21:58

It's a good documentary, but I expected more about the bunker itself, than the story of the last days of Adolf. You don't hear a lot of new stuff. Only the end when they show some stuff they found in the bunker.

Potsdamerplatz

Post by Potsdamerplatz » 01 Feb 2006, 00:42

Cor wrote:It's a good documentary, but I expected more about the bunker itself, than the story of the last days of Adolf. You don't hear a lot of new stuff. Only the end when they show some stuff they found in the bunker.

There is a good documentary which has been shown on the Discovery channel several times which focuses on the Fuhrerbunker. Part of the programme looks at the bunker as it was in 1945 and also has some good film clips of the bunker when it was discovered and finally blown up by the Russians in the 1980s.

http://dsc.discovery.com/anthology/unso ... llery.html

This link will take you to a page where you get to see a video tour of a recreation of the Fuhrerbunker with views from both inside the bunker and also a plan of the suite of rooms:

http://dsc.discovery.com/anthology/unso ... nside.html

I think you will find these links to the Discovery website very interesting if you have not already seen them.
Highly recommended!!!

Regards,

DAVID

Cor

Post by Cor » 01 Feb 2006, 22:14

Yes i have seen these clips, but thanks though

The documentary i have seen a long time ago on Discovery and taped it on VHS, but sadly i lost this VHS. There we're a lot of Discovery documentary's that we're interesting, so also Hitler the final chapter, which subject is also the last days and the remains of Hitler.

Only i am still surprised by the footage of the room of Hitler on the DVD, i have never seen it elsewhere without so many water.(only the pics with that Russian and Americain Soldier in the room)

ARCADIA

Re: Death Inside Hitler's Bunker DVD

Post by ARCADIA » 10 Apr 2008, 23:11

Poetic justice - that Hitler's final remains show rest in a cigarette case in Russia.
It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
Robert E. Lee (1807 - 1870), Statement at the Battle of Fredericksburg (13th December 1862)

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”