2014 Austrian Film "Sarajevo."

Discussions on all aspects of the First World War not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Terry Duncan.
favedave

2014 Austrian Film "Sarajevo."

Post by favedave » 22 Feb 2017, 04:14

I watch this movie the other night. It is in German with Subtitles: It is the story of the murders in Sarajevo from the perspective of the State prosecutor charged with investigating the crime. I enjoyed it very much, and of course it was shot on location, I think to commemorate the 100 year anniversary of the deaths of Franz and Sophia.

I saw the "Berlin responsible for Sarajevo", which I participated in several years ago, has been reopened recently. But felt compelled to open a new thread to discuss this film and it's theory separately. Has anyone else seen it? and if so, what do you think?

Terry Duncan
Forum Staff

Re: 2014 Austrian Film "Sarajevo."

Post by Terry Duncan » 26 Feb 2017, 01:58

I havent seen it yet, but intend to as I have been told its worth seeing. There was an older film about the assassination too, in colour but thats about all I can recall at present.

What is the theory put forward in the film? Im not at all worried about spoilers, as I am sure everyone ends up dead and a 'really big war' is the result!

jednastka

Post by jednastka » 26 Feb 2017, 23:32

I have seen the recent movie. I felt it was very well done, and presented a credible perspective on the assassination of the Arch Duke. Again, I won't spill the beans on the theory. Let more see it, and then let's discuss.

Vic

yaro

Post by yaro » 21 Apr 2017, 10:27

I watched it and I disliked it. It is a movie for conspiracy theorists who after watching it will believe Austria assasinated its heir to throne itself to start a world war, while Serbia was a peace loving country.

Zoltan

Post by Zoltan » 20 May 2017, 10:27

Anyone got a link to it with English sub titles please?

Return to “First World War”