Newly Released WWI Photos- Polish National Digital Archives

Discussions on all aspects of the First World War not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Terry Duncan.
henryk

Newly Released WWI Photos- Polish National Digital Archives

Post by henryk » 05 Aug 2014, 19:54

Google translation:
http://nac.gov.pl/iws

New photos from the First World War in the collections of the NAC online

In connection with the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of World War I National Digital Archives made available online nearly 750 unpublished photographs from the years 1914 to 1918.

About audiovis.nac.gov.pl will include Pańswo photos of soldiers of the Empire of Austria-Hungary and the Russian Empire on the fronts of the conflict, fighting Polish military units - 100. Cieszyn Infantry Regiment , I and II Brigade of the Polish Legions, I Cadre Company, important historical events, among others, battles in Görlitz , Konary , Rokitna , fights for Przemysl and the Nida , military equipment - artillery , military balloons, and even a rocket launcher. Moreover landscapes of Galicia , Slovakia , Volhynia , Podolia and Bessarabia , views Przemysl, Kraków and Kielce, documents the devastation of war and important form of the era (including the Emperor Charles I , Field Marshal and Chief of General Staff of the Austro-Hungarian Franz Conrad von Hötzendorf , Jozef Pilsudski ).

Nearly half of the shared photos come from a rich and unique photographic archive Fudakowskiego Ignatius , who served in 12 Squadron Artillery Mortar. Along with the army crossed Galicia, Slovakia, was also in Volhynia, Podolia and Bessarabia. The main subjects of his photographs are military events, including show the participation of Russian troops from the Grand Duke Georgy Mikhailovich Romanov and views of the village , portraits of local residents and military equipment . Treat for lovers of historical military equipment will photograph military rockets in Volhynia 1915.

We find the staff of the Collegiate Church of St. Trinity and the castle in Olyka, the bell tower in Błudowie , palaces Horochowie and Chołoniowie , mansions landowners in Świnioduchach and Długoszyjach.

One of the most poignant images Fudakowskiego should photograph the refugee encampments in the winter forest, showing the drama of the civil population during the Great War.

Nearly 430 photographs from the period of the First World War can be found in materials from the Illustrated Daily Courier. deserve special attention on the groundbreaking photographs in the history of armed conflict, the Battle of Görlitz in 1915. Photos from the collections of NAC show, among others, dramatic struggle 100th Infantry Regiment of Cieszyn in the trenches and in the open field .

Extensively documented theme is also march I Cadre Company on 6 August 1914 and the seizure of Kielce . The pictures on the site collections are visible online NAC soldiers captured on the streets of the city, as well as officers from the staff of the commander of the legion with Jozef Pilsudski .

Feel free to browse, share, and use of collections. All of the photographs in the public domain.

Note: I Cadre Company is a unit of the Austro-Hungarian Army established by Józef Piłsudski in 1914.

Return to “First World War”