Senior Bavarian Generals.

Discussions on all aspects of the First World War not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Terry Duncan.
Robert Brockmeier

Senior Bavarian Generals.

Post by Robert Brockmeier » 16 Aug 2014, 05:48

I have compiled a list of Senior Bavarian Generals of WW1 but cannot find the promotion date of some. Does anyone have the dates and the references as to where they found them?
The generals are: Karl GdK Freiherr Erz. Schacky auf Schonfeld; GdI Rudolph Rosch; GdI Karl Ritter von Koppel; GdI Felix Ritter von eder; GdA Gustav Ritter von Schoch; GdA Martin Ritter von Denk; GdI Robert Ritter von Fischer; GdA Otto von Gyßling; and GdI Bernhard Josef Maria von Hartz. I have all the rest of the info but lack the rang dates. If you have them please send where you found them
Regards, Robert Brockmeier
PS if you want my excel list please send me a PM and I will send you what I have.

Rich2012

Re: Senior Bavarian Generals.

Post by Rich2012 » 23 Dec 2016, 21:48

Hi
I have just obtained a postcard with the photo of a unidentified Bavarian Lieutenant-General (see attached). The rear has a circular blue stamp which says Bavarian (Bayr) Landwwehr Infantry Regiment No. 10, 9 Company. The postal stamp is dated 11 March 1916 and the printers date is 1915.
I would like to know who he is but cannot find a suitable match on Google. Is there any chance that you be able to assist in his identification please.
Thanks
Richard Fuller, U.K.
Attachments
POSTCARD - Unidentified Bavarian General.jpg

Return to “First World War”