new web site

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
yantaylor

new web site

Post by yantaylor » 18 Jul 2014, 16:24

Hello everyone.

I am thinking of setting up a web site dealing with weapons from the period 1920 to 1950, now I have a lot of data but no photographs, well photographs that are in the public domain and free to use. I have had great support from the U.S. National Archive, USMC and the U.S. Signal Corps, plus the British Imperial War Museum too, the Bundesarchiv from Germany have also given me the go ahead, the only thing I have got to do is give them all an acknowledgement, which is the least I can do.

Now the problem is this, I don’t know of any other sources for the other nations, I am currently looking through my Russian, Japanese and Italian data, but I cannot add any images.

So can anyone think of any places that will allow me access to their photo banks, I will stress that this venture is not to make any money, but as a way to give people some data on the various weapons used during that period.

The site will contain the following nations;

America
Belgium
Bulgaria
Czechoslovakia
Denmark
Estonia
France
Finland
Germany
Great Britain + Commonwealth
Greece
Holland
Hungary
Italy
Japan
Latvia
Lithuania
Poland
North Korea
Norway
Romania
Russia
Sweden
Yugoslavia

I will try and give the main Infantry Weapons, Artillery and AFVs from each of these nations, along with a few TO&Es.

There are a few guys on this site that I would like to thank too, but the list would be long and some of them have left us.
So thanks again and I hope that you can help me.

Yan.

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”