Tracer rounds.

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
thatfloridaguy

Tracer rounds.

Post by thatfloridaguy » 03 May 2015, 08:36

Hello guys, been a while since i posted here. Im working on a project though and i have hit a bump in the road so to speak. I know that during the cold war the soviets used green for tracer rounds and i have heard that we used red. I was wondering about ww2, what were the tracer round colors for the pacific in general. Did the japanese use a variety of tracers or what? This would be for night combat and the thing I have in mind particularly is black ops type stuff. Obviously in a black ops an at night you want to keep your position hidden for as long as possible but sometimes you gotta fire...did ww2 commandoes ever not use tracers at all to give them even a little bit of an edge during night fire fights? So basically what I'm asking is...did commandoes ever take out tracers during ww2 to be slightly more affective and what color tracer if any did the japanese and americans use during ww2? Thanks for any info in advance.

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”