Deutsche Polizei papers Translation Help Needed

Need help with translating WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related documents or information?
Sunkisdgrl

Deutsche Polizei papers Translation Help Needed

Post by Sunkisdgrl » 01 Apr 2011, 19:50

Can someone please help me with some translation of these papers for a Jewish man living in Berlin. They relate to my research of my family's history here http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 8#p1574258. Just a general idea of what they say would be much appreciated. Thanks so much in advance for any help. ~Cammie
100_2556.jpg
100_2555.jpg
100_2552.jpg

Sunkisdgrl

Re: Deutsche Polizei papers Translation Help Needed

Post by Sunkisdgrl » 01 Apr 2011, 19:52

100_2562.jpg
100_2559.jpg
100_2558.jpg

Sunkisdgrl

Post by Sunkisdgrl » 01 Apr 2011, 19:57

One more :
100_2563.jpg

I'm also looking for anyway to find some information about this Orphanage, I'd like to know if it was just for Jewish Children, I assume it would be due to segregation laws? If anyone has advice on finding out what happened to the children here or any information on this Orphanage I'd be very grateful.
100_2568.jpg
Kinderhaus

Sunkisdgrl

Post by Sunkisdgrl » 02 Apr 2011, 22:31

I believe the above organization would have been only making arrangements for travel and placement my Grandmother, the home that she was actually sent to was the Heim des Judischen Frauenbundes, WYK, Fohr, Sudstrand. So if anyone has any helpful information about this Home for Jewish Women I'd appreciate any assistance. Thanks again, Cammie

WolfgangNordsee

Post by WolfgangNordsee » 06 Apr 2011, 10:27

I found some informations using google with "Heim des juedischen Frauenbundes, Wyk, Foehr", exsisted until 1938

please copy and then past in google search (and then let translate with google translate a.s.o. *smile*)

OpInfo

Post by OpInfo » 10 Apr 2011, 16:49

Hello,

here are some informations about these documents.

Document 1
certification of an translation
date of issue September 22nd 1939

Document 2
summons due to personal matter
on Friday March 26th 1938 between 8 to 12
at the police station in Berlin-Lichterberg
Passport has to be carried

Document 3
permit of transportation of removal goods abroad via the Berlin central custom office
for Mr Alfred Schurmann, living in Berlin-Rummelsburg, Schlichtallee 5e
date of expiration August 24th 1939

Document 4
reissue permit of transportation of removal goods abroad due to expiration of the former permit
date of issue August 21th 1939

document 5
notice of register with the police
date of issue January 3rd 1940

document 6
residence permit
to be shown at the American Consulate
date of issue June 12th 1940

document 7
police clearance certificate for moving abroad
expires 3 months after issuing
date of issue June 12th 1940

I found some information about the Weibliche Fürsorge here:
http://www.juedische-pflegegeschichte.de/

It says, that the the Orphanage was founded in 1901 with places for 50 children. The orphanage was liquidated on September 15th 1942, the children were deported to Theresienstadt.

Hope I could hep you a little bit.

Cheers
Andreas

murx

Post by murx » 16 Apr 2011, 00:50

The wordings ( if required e.g. for official business) are:
It is hereby certified that the following (handwritten below: on the backside) copy is word by word matching the original

signed by
The police president of Berllin

Citation
In matters of own belongings I hereby ask you you to come on Friday , 11. March 1938, from 8 am till 12 am to the police district office 254 , Berlin, Neue Bahnhofstr.226b, Room 7 , 1st foor. Please identify yourself showing this citation
Please bring with you: ID of yourself, Passport.
If in the meanwhile you have changed the place of living please send back this form with your new adress

Financial Headquarters
Foreign Exchange office

At the date specified below, based on §57 of the law of foreign currency restrictions , I have given permission to the custom authority to transfer goods into a foreign country for the purpose of relocation.
This permission is valid 3 months after issueing
Handwritten below: Copy, certified

Expired permission to transfer goods for relocation

On the date specified below I have newly issued the permission...
(same text as above)

Registration at Police station,
Dept. of Citizen Registry

Name Profession marr. Status birthday/place religion

Schnurmann Alfred Weavter divorced . .1905 Muehlhausen/Alsac jewish

Certificate of Resdidency
to be submitted to the US consulate
Miss Marion Schnurmann born 22 july 1935 in Schnargendorf
religion: mos. (muslim? Moslem?)
was registered in this registry of citizens from
birth until 06 Mai 38
Oct. 12th 3 until Nov. 20th 38
May 7 1940 until present

Certificate of good standing
valid for expatriation

It is certified to Mr. Alfred (?) (Alfons) Schnurmann born 12.02.05 in Mühlhauisen that he was registred as citizen here from 17.08.31 until the present ay and that in police records nothing is found which can be brought against him.

Larry D.

Post by Larry D. » 17 Apr 2011, 18:07

I don't know what happened to her, so I just sent her a PM to notify her that some helpful guys had worked on her documents and provided some translations.

Larry

Sunkisdgrl

Post by Sunkisdgrl » 19 Apr 2011, 11:09

Thanks so very much for the translations and the help and thanks Larry for the PM.

Since I'm not so good at online document translation I've done the google search and translation following Marion's correspondence and have learned that this Jewish Women's Organization was the first home that she was sent to in either late 1936 or early 1937. She was only there for a very short period of time before she contracted Tuberculosis (or was found positive) and was then sent to Heim des Jüdischen Frauenbundes, WYK, Föhr, Südstrand, which was one of two Jewish homes on that Island treating children with Tuberculosis. I've found a couple references to the reactions of local townspeople to the homes and the presence of sick Jewish children here: http://www.ahf-muenchen.de/Tagungsberic ... 115-99.htm

Which doesn't google translate too well :
Dirk Wark-Thomsen reported that the Jewish children's homes in Wyk. The former Jewish Women's League had in 1927 on South Beach Wyk opened a home, you should see the particular risk of tuberculosis Jewish city kids recreation. In the back road at the same time was the private home "house vineyard". During the Nazi period, the homes had significant problems, the children and staff have been intimidated and harassed. 1937 burned the house on the south beach probably due to an electrical fault. For a reconstruction of the local authority raised "serious concerns", the ruins were demolished later. November 1938 it was also the "house vineyard" of a Nazi horde attacked. The last Jewish children were taken away in a motorboat after it had virtually run the gauntlet through a lane Wyker school children who had been summoned by Nazi-minded teachers.

and another mention in this book: Paul, Gerhard; Gillis-Carlebach, Miriam (ed.), Menora and swastika: the hist Neumünster: Wachholtz, 1998, S. 387 - 396. Neumünster: Wachholtz, 1998, p. 387 - 396
Google Translation: On the North Sea island of Foehr before 1939, there were two Jewish children's homes for children at risk of tuberculosis. Since 1935, the children were considered 'undesirable' on the island and the cure them became increasingly impossible. One children's home was damaged in June 1938 already hard by fire and finally in the so-called 'Crystal Night' by the SA completely destroyed. The other home had to be sold under the 'linearization' of the Department of Public Welfare of the Nazi Party.

(I hope that's an appropriate way to reference, if not I'll happily edit or make any corrections)

And another publication that I need to get ahold of: Sydney S. Baumann: experience report on events in the Jewish orphanage. 1985. 1985th Leo Baeck Institute New York, ME 709 Leo Baeck Institute New York, ME 709

I've also written to Gedenkbuch für das Heim des Jüdischen Frauenbundes in Neu-Isenburg asking for any additonal information so if I get a response I'll share it here, not exactly sure if it's the correct place to ask, but maybe a place to start. If anyone knows of any other specifics about the events at these children's homes I would be so very appreciative if they could be shared.

Tomorrow I have some free time so I'll post some pictures up of Marion and Alfred and any other documents that might relate. Thanks so much again for the help.

Cammie

Return to “Translation help: Breaking the Sound Barrier”