Translation of Japanese Docs-paid opportunity

Need help with translating WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related documents or information?
BuNo02100

Translation of Japanese Docs-paid opportunity

Post by BuNo02100 » 07 Jan 2015, 16:55

Although I often see posts requesting assistance in translating or locating information that is found at JACAR, I wanted to see if there is anyone that would like to be paid to do translation work for a project I am working on. While professional translators are available, they are very expensive and most have no real interest in this area of history. I believe that most of us that read these boards and often learn new information have a passion for this and enjoy it immensely.

The project deals with a specific USMC squadron during the Guadalcanal Campaign. I have copied all of the relevant US documents to include all the squadrons and commands they operated with but most of you know that in order for it to be a serious work, Japanese sources have to be reviewed. While it would be wonderful to have complete copies of every Japanese squadron involved, that may not be possible so for the present time, I will only need specific days during the campaign in order to provide as accurate picture as possible. So, if you can access JACAR and would be willing to provide translations, be paid for it (PayPal seems like a perfect way to send funds) and receive credit as a collaborator in the project, please respond and we can discuss this opportunity further.
Brandon S. Wood

Return to “Translation help: Breaking the Sound Barrier”