Polnish to German or English War Criminal Max Henze

Need help with translating WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related documents or information?
DrNeil

Polnish to German or English War Criminal Max Henze

Post by DrNeil » 25 Jun 2004, 17:30

http://www.ipn.gov.pl/biuletyn12-1_35-36.pdf

If you search for Henze in this document, his name is mentioned. Can anybody please translate these passages, or give me a general insight what is said there!!

Thanks
Last edited by DrNeil on 26 Jun 2004, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.

Musashi
Location: Coventry, West Midlands, the UK [it's one big roundabout]

Post by Musashi » 25 Jun 2004, 20:57

I can help you, but don't expect somebody will translate you 96 pages :)
What do you need exactly?
Max Henze is mentioned in the article about massacre in Bydgoszcz (Bromberg) in September 1939.

DrNeil

Post by DrNeil » 25 Jun 2004, 21:27

That's what I hoped to express :o only the passages where he is mentioned or the general gist of it. No way did I expect anybody to do 96 pages. I am grateful if someone does it anyway.

Sorry if that was unclear.

Musashi
Location: Coventry, West Midlands, the UK [it's one big roundabout]

Post by Musashi » 25 Jun 2004, 23:42

OK, as Polish soldiers who stationed in Scotland during WW II said the people from there had been nice for them, I translated the text :)
Max Henze was a police commander in Bydgoszcz (Bromberg) during the occupation. He aimed at cleaning Pomerania of Polish population. He rated the actions of executing the Poles as too slow, so he ordered to quicken them.
Jakob Lölgen the charged by the German court participant of those executions said:"We were rushed and told the number of the executed in September is too low and we were ordered to multiply our efforts. Therefore I made up the false reports to satisfy my superiors and gave twice bigger number of the executed".
The German court did not believe those explanations, but freed the charged of the responsibility due to alleged state of the higher necessity, not to punished by his superiors due to disobeying the orders.

Max Henze has been judged and sentenced to death by Polish court and has been executed.
In Autumn 1939 he delivered a speech to German policemen and members of the Selbsschutz: "We became here to make order with Polish subhumans. We'll pull them out from the burrows and we'll eliminate them".
This speech has been printed by the German newspaper, which was shown him by public prosecutor. He explained that the press had wrested his words.

[My comment: IPN (Instytut Pamiêci Narodowej) is a very reliable source].

DrNeil

Post by DrNeil » 26 Jun 2004, 00:09

Thank you very much, for your effort. That was very nice of you.

DrNeil

Post by DrNeil » 26 Jun 2004, 01:31

Musashi wrote: This speech has been printed by the German newspaper, which was shown him by public prosecutor. He explained that the press had wrested his words.

[My comment: IPN (Instytut Pamiêci Narodowej) is a very reliable source].
In the text I posted he states that the SS censorship twisted it. He is guilty as charged ......

Return to “Translation help: Breaking the Sound Barrier”