Karl Stossberg

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Phil Nix
In memoriam

Karl Stossberg

Post by Phil Nix » 10 Jun 2006, 19:22

This pic shows three sturmbannführer on the 3rd course for Colonial policing set up under the Italiens March 1941. There names are Franz Hoth, Werner Boehm, Karl Stossberg Helmut Tanzmann but who is who. I am looking for Stossberg, it cannot be third from the left because Stossberg did not have the Danzig Cross, if the 2nd Sbf left wears the Reichs Sportrs Badge in Silver then that cannot be Stossberg. Can anybody help
Phil Nix
Attachments
stossberg pic.jpg
stossberg pic.jpg (56.81 KiB) Viewed 2640 times

Doggowitz

Post by Doggowitz » 10 Jun 2006, 21:16

Hmmm... I have a photo of the same location with probably another course of SD men. The source is from this forum, but I can't remember who posted it, so if the person minds all credit to him. ;)
Maybe you can identify Stossberg on this one.

BTW note that there are four Stubafs in your photo and all are sitting in the first row. And one chair is empty... wouldn't it make sense that this also belonged to a Stubaf?
Attachments
strauch_sd.jpg
strauch_sd.jpg (40.6 KiB) Viewed 2618 times

gencom

Post by gencom » 10 Jun 2006, 23:24

Not SD but rather SIPO mens.
GenCom

Phil Nix
In memoriam

Post by Phil Nix » 11 Jun 2006, 10:51

Doggowitz wrote:Hmmm... I have a photo of the same location with probably another course of SD men. The source is from this forum, but I can't remember who posted it, so if the person minds all credit to him. ;)

BTW note that there are four Stubafs in your photo and all are sitting in the first row. And one chair is empty... wouldn't it make sense that this also belonged to a Stubaf?
This is from the same general course but not the session Stossberg was one
Phil Nix

Phil Nix
In memoriam

Post by Phil Nix » 11 Jun 2006, 10:58

Phil Nix wrote:
Doggowitz wrote:Hmmm... I have a photo of the same location with probably another course of SD men. The source is from this forum, but I can't remember who posted it, so if the person minds all credit to him. ;)

This is from the second session in the same general course but mine is from the third session which Stossberg was on. In your pic is Obsbf Eduard Strauch turning to his left also SBF Karl Rabe,Friedrich Hegenscheidt, Max Nedwed, Heinrich Hammersen and Fritz D'Heil
Phil Nix

spottedcow

Re: Karl Stossberg

Post by spottedcow » 27 May 2009, 19:48

Phil
Could you be more specific in pointing out which man in the second-posted photo is Friedrich Hegenscheidt?
I'd be extremely grateful. Thanks.

Georges JEROME
Financial supporter

Post by Georges JEROME » 27 May 2009, 21:55

on second pic :

far left could it be Karl Tschiersky (see The Field men)

Georges

Phil Nix
In memoriam

Post by Phil Nix » 29 May 2009, 12:21

spottedcow wrote:Phil
Could you be more specific in pointing out which man in the second-posted photo is Friedrich Hegenscheidt?
I'd be extremely grateful. Thanks.
Sorry the photo come from an album of pics from the SS/SD course in policing in the tropics which took place in Italy during 1940 and the individual persons are not itemised but they are all named on the reverse
Phil Nix

George_W

Post by George_W » 11 Oct 2011, 19:11

The third man from the left (in the first row) is Dr. Helmut Tanzmann.
George

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”