Recommended reading on the SS & Polizei

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
bogo

Re: Recommended reading on the SS & Polizei

Post by bogo » 24 Oct 2016, 15:55

Hello Roland, Georges, Derek,
thank you very much for your compliments.

This, as well as many additional appraising responses I received so far from Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, the Czech Republic, England, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Poland, Spain and the USA do confirm the interest of many students in the subject "SS-Totenkopfverbände 1933-1939".

I am glad that the results of my 30 years of research on this subject were recognized so well by so many people.

Best regards,
Marten

pim

Post by pim » 25 Oct 2016, 06:58

I too received Marten's new book : "Volume II of the Totenkopfverbände 1937 – 1939" a few days ago. It is outstanding, packed with so much new and important information. The photographic material is excellent. A must have book (as is volume 1) for anyone interested in the SS. And I'm very much looking forward to volume 3.

Congratulations and many thanks Marten. A real top class effort.

Peter (Melbourne, Australia)

smetanin albert

Post by smetanin albert » 28 Nov 2016, 11:20

I want to find two Banach's book:

1.Banach, Jens: "Die Inspekteure der Sicherheitspolizei und des SD 1936-1945". Hamburg 1985.
2.Banach, Jens: "Heydrichs Vertreter im Feld: die Inspekteure, Kommandeure und Befehlshaber der Sicherheitspolizei". 2000.

Can anyone help?

PATRICK CHARRON

Post by PATRICK CHARRON » 03 Dec 2016, 14:01

Hello,
In last weeks, I’ve received the following books, and I warmly recommend them for all those who have an interest in the Waffen-SS history
They are very different in content, but each one is a contribution to history. Despite all that has already been published on these subjects, always new informations and unpublished pictures which give an additional attraction to these books.
Totenkopf. Volume 2: The Structure, Development and Personalities of the 3. SS-Panzer Division. by Mark Yerger & Ignacio Arrondo published by Helion
Marten van Dijken "Die SS-Totenkopfverbände" Eine Dokumentation Band 1 1933-1937 Published by author. German text
Panzer Normandie 44 Série SS-Panzer-Regiment 2 “Das Reich”. by Stephan Cazenave French text
Career, crimes and trial of SS-Sturmbannführer Gustav Knittel Commander of the Aufklärungsabteilung ‘LSSAH’ by Timo R. Worst

Marten has done a tremendous job on the Totenkopfverbände and some unknown aspects of these formations. There are many personalities who during the war will have assignments in the Totenkopf division or other Waffen-SS units.
Volume 2 Totenkopf by Mark Yerger and Ignacio Arrondo, is a must as the previous ones .
Stephane Cazenave also offered a remarkable account on the Das Reich’s Panzer regiment in Normandy.
For Timo Worst's book, it is difficult to say more than what has already been said. See the link :
An exciting book that shows the double face of the Waffen-SS. Strong testimonials and facts that recall others such as those of the Das Reich in France in 1944.
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic ... &start=15

Regards

Patrick

smetanin albert

Post by smetanin albert » 03 Feb 2017, 08:00

Allgemeine SS - Polizei - Waffen SS V.2

https://books.google.ru/books?id=ke-9DQ ... 0V&f=false

Waffen-SS
Financial supporter

Post by Waffen-SS » 22 Feb 2017, 07:42

Marten van Dijken, Totenkopfverbände

Hello,

just finished with volume 1. I have no words. This book includes a lot of informations which were gathered in many years work. I think it´s a masterpiece on it´s subject.
Thank you very much Marten!
Regards
Sebastian

bogo

Post by bogo » 23 Feb 2017, 12:37

Thank you for your kind words, Sebastian.
Volume I (last 3 copies) and volume II (last 15 copies) of my SS-Totenkopfverbände 1933-1939 documentation series are still available and may be ordered at [email protected]
Best wishes,
Marten

Georges JEROME
Financial supporter

Post by Georges JEROME » 11 Mar 2017, 00:27

An excellent book upon Gestapo (in french).
Gestapo et polices allemandes (France, Europe de l'Ouest 1939 - 1945).
A collection of 9 articles covering Sipo SD in France (leadership in France, french policemen work with Gestapo, Milice France as auxiliary forec in Rhône, french auxiliaries in german police in Ardennes, Sipo SD in annexed Moselle, Sipo SD in Nord-Pas-de-Calais) in Belgium (comparison between Stapo at Anvers and Liege), in Greece (GFP, FG, sipo SD, 18. Pol.rgt, 4 pol. Division), Adolf Eichmann and France (action in France ). Based on primary sources. Notes. Articles are written by Un. Historians from whole europe. Edited by CNRS Edition 2017

Georges.

Requin Marteau

Post by Requin Marteau » 18 Mar 2017, 20:09

smetanin albert wrote:Allgemeine SS - Polizei - Waffen SS V.2

https://books.google.ru/books?id=ke-9DQ ... 0V&f=false
https://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?key ... xier&type= (Vol 1, 2 et 3)

Crdl
Thierry

Georges JEROME
Financial supporter

Post by Georges JEROME » 19 Mar 2017, 00:43

just received "Das SA-Feldjägerkorps" by Wolfgang Edler von Zander 317 pages Melchior Verlag
Quite good on organisation and activities. Many datas. Very well referenced primary sources with numerous documents. And a lot of pictures from the collection of his uncle a former member of FJK.

At the level of personal datas on leadership, the book is very poor out of Oberführer Fritsch chief of FJK and relative of the author. I waited more infos upon Staff FJK Korps and der FJK Abteilungsleiter and Kp Chef. But no infos.

I recommand this book for those who have interest in uniformed police forces.
Best regards

Georges

smetanin albert

Post by smetanin albert » 22 Mar 2017, 13:19

Hello,

Have you seen this book - "Allgemeine SS - Polizei - Waffen SS" V.1?
Should I buy this book?
There are not many pages in this book.

equirhodont

Post by equirhodont » 03 Apr 2017, 15:08

Few days ago I self published my book "SS-Totenkopfring - Himmleruv prsten cti".
- 800 pages, full of fotos.
1st part - history of the ring (cca. 300 pages)
2nd part - author´s collection (26 rings - Sepp Dietrich, Karl Ullrich, F.X. Schwarz, Herbert Schulze...)
more info at: http://www.totenkopfring.cz/en.html
video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HtExFDGnDI

mil-archive

Post by mil-archive » 28 Jun 2017, 10:45

Kurt Imhoff - Chronik 4. SS-Pol.-Pz Gren.-Div. Pioniere Polizeidivision 1983. Great resource full of period documents, maps, photos as well as first hand accounts.
imhoff.jpg

Tom3277

Post by Tom3277 » 02 Jul 2017, 14:09

Hello,

Since it's basically a SS&Polizei related work, I've thought the readers here would be eventually interested in our new book

"Globocnik’s Men in Italy, 1943-45"

published by Schiffer this year.

It also contains a lot of unpublished pictures of men belonings to the Abteilung R (which originated from Aktion Reinhard) and the SS-Wachmannschaften of the OZAK wearing peculiar SS and Ordnungspolizei uniforms, along with very rare pictures of men that belonged to SS-u.Pol.Kdr. Istrien, Stabskp. HSSPF Triest, SS/Polizei sponsored militias known as landeseigene Verbände, I.Btl./SS-Pol.Rgt.Bozen, etc.etc. along with unit insigna, SS/Polizei armours and vehicles, Then and Now comparatives shots and much more.

For more infos:

http://www.panzer-ozak.it/globocniksmen_en.htm

Very best regards
Tom
Looking for the Soldbuch of Hptw.d.SchP. Kurt Etowski.

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”