Globocnik suicide

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 06 Jul 2007, 13:01

I think I now know where Eichmann has found his news about Globocniks "fate"

Read for your self..... http://www.tbrnews.org/Archives/a358.htm

In my point of view a typical conspiracy site like Zündel and other.

Best reg.

Georg

Eddy Marz

Post by Eddy Marz » 06 Jul 2007, 13:35

Absolutely right, Georg... Eichmann, believing or not believing (in God or Globocnik's death) is your freedom and no problem per se. But you forward no evidence whatsoever to back-up your hypothesis. You defend yourself against the 'attacks' in a very self righteous manner, BUT YOU NEVER ANSWER the questions!

I repeat :

« A: The Americans wanted him. » - How do you know, and for what reason ?

« B: Those testimonies are not worth the paper theyre written on. Think about who gave them. » - Well now, that’s a rather callous thing to say. Why are they unworthy of trust ? What are we exactly supposed to « think about who gave them » ? And on what grounds ?

Eddy

Max Williams

Re: Globocnik suicide

Post by Max Williams » 16 Jul 2007, 13:03

Max Williams wrote:The lock up is described as west of the castle, about 100 -150 yards distant. It was outside this building that he apparently hit his jaw with his hand, causing the glass phial secreted in his mouth to break. He collapsed immediately and died within a couple of minutes.
I searched the area immediately outside the west wall of the castle and walked about 200 yards to the west, hoping to identify the lock up. The construction work in this area was more evident than inside the courtyard and to my dismay I could find no trace of a building which could have served as the lock up within that area. I can only assume that it had fallen victim to "progress" and had been demolished.
I received the bad news today through a local contact that my fears are confirmed. The actual building which acted as the lock up and outside which Globocnik killed himself, no longer exists, having been demolished some years ago.
Max.

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 02 Aug 2007, 11:38

As a point of interest, the 1,459 £10 and 6,320 £20 British banknotes supposedly seized from Globocnik by the British at the time of his capture (and according to Gregory Douglas used as part of the bribe to fake his suicide and buy his freedom) ceased to be legal tender 6 weeks before his capture.
Max.

Bergmolch

Post by Bergmolch » 02 Aug 2007, 12:28

I know that area pretty well since I live around 50km from over there.
With friends we use to check the area with metaldetectors and I think I can share with you some small bits of my knowledge adout that event.

Here some thoughts:

1)Even known the exact place where the body was buried would have been a very tough call to find it and dig it up, unless when he was buried Odilo had any kind of metal/iron stuff on him. And anyway try to bury anything in a field, a car key for instance, and try to detect it after a few months...it wont be easy, belive me. (...we tried several times but nothing if you know what I mean)

2)If I remember well Globus familiy/Relatives were asked by Austrian Autorities if they would have liked to have Odilo body back. As far as I remember they refused.

3)The field were Odilo supposed to be buried is quite big and the research is not easy. You have to think that bones could have turned into ashes even after 20 years, depends from the ground compositon.

The thing that concern me most is that as you know between 1947 and 1954 the german and austrian autorities started, all over europe and in that area as well, the program to locate german soldiers bodies, exhumating even those from provisional graveyards, and sending them togheter to the main Military German Cemeteries around Austria and Italy: I really doubt that nobody had thought about Globus buried site, even since a lot of people known about that (our old people from the area still relate time to time to that "Man") and nodoby had thought to dig it out, even know that his "worst" partner, Wirth, had is RIP place, fairly in my opinion, at Costermano German Cimitery.
And more, I think that would have been a crime at the time as well, as it is right now in Italy and Austria, to know a place where a human body is buried, and not to dig it up and move it by its proper place in a cemetery: for several reasons the autorities want human remains to be exhumed and sent to the closest cimitery once discovered.

I couldn't belive, in the end and after years of research, that in that area, were Odilo had most of his strongest supporters since the first days of the austrian illegal NSDAP branch, they would have left his body there even knowing, from witnesses and civilian from the town, were was he buried.
I built up in me the personal idea that his body has been secretely removed maybe nightime short after the war, I would say as soon as the british units left the area.
Of course not by the british, neither by local autorities, but by "friendly hands".

Cheers
T

ehlerner

Post by ehlerner » 10 Mar 2008, 19:35

Globocnik's suicide may well be a "dead issue" at this point in time. But, my interest was revived recently by a historian in Austria, who sent me an email with several photos of (the certainly dead) Odilo Globocnik memorabilia. I'm attaching a number of related .jpg scans in my collection. Anyone who wishes additional Globocnik material in my amassed during 20+ years of research, may email me ([email protected]).
BTW, Max, in October, 2000, I felt compelled to make a similar pilgrimage as yours --Merkers, Lublin (where Mike Tregenza took me on a tour of the town, plus Nisko and Belzec) Vienna (historian Maurice Williams showed me around for 5 days), Klagenfurt (I visited historian Sigfried Pucher and toured four days with a local friend), Trieste (two days of touring with two mutually interested residents), and finally, Berchtesgaden (and the pinnacle of Hitler's 1000-minus-987-years world).

Additional upload to follow.

Best Wishes,
Erwin[attachment=2]paternion courtyard.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]liegh.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]GLOBcontradictions.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
GLOBcontradictions.jpg
GLOBcontradictions.jpg (90.74 KiB) Viewed 1053 times
liegh.jpg
liegh.jpg (118.14 KiB) Viewed 1056 times
paternion courtyard.jpg
paternion courtyard.jpg (109.88 KiB) Viewed 1052 times

ehlerner

Post by ehlerner » 10 Mar 2008, 19:56

Part Two re. Globocnik's burial site.

Included is a startling picture of a very much alive Odilo and his mother, Anna Globocnik. Both appear proud and happy in response to a commendation he received from Hitler via Himmler, re. [attachment=1]gravereport_english.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]OfficialGravesiteReport.jpg[/attachment]outstanding work in killing millions of people.

More to follow.

Erwin[attachment=0]Glob&anna.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
Glob&anna.jpg
Glob&anna.jpg (79.57 KiB) Viewed 1050 times
gravereport_english.jpg
gravereport_english.jpg (252.42 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
OfficialGravesiteReport.jpg
OfficialGravesiteReport.jpg (88.4 KiB) Viewed 1035 times

ehlerner

Post by ehlerner » 10 Mar 2008, 20:56

This is a loose translation of an interview in Deutsch, presented to me by Sigfried Pucher. It is the one and only such on-the-scene info I know of.

Erwin
Attachments
SPucher-Paternion1.jpg
SPucher-Paternion1.jpg (226.84 KiB) Viewed 1021 times
SPucherPaternion2.jpg
SPucherPaternion2.jpg (190.4 KiB) Viewed 1012 times
SpucherPaternion3.jpg
SpucherPaternion3.jpg (162.51 KiB) Viewed 1009 times

ehlerner

Post by ehlerner » 10 Mar 2008, 21:29

One more for the record.
Erwin[attachment=0]Lerch Interrogation1.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]Lerch Interrogation2.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
Lerch Interrogation1.jpg
Lerch Interrogation1.jpg (211.79 KiB) Viewed 996 times
Lerch Interrogation2.jpg
Lerch Interrogation2.jpg (221.67 KiB) Viewed 998 times

ehlerner

Post by ehlerner » 10 Mar 2008, 22:04

These are copies of 2 letters are averred to be authored by Ernst Lerch, They were presented to me by Mike Tregenza.

Erwin[attachment=1]E Lerch ltr2.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]E Lerch ltr1.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
E Lerch ltr1.jpg
E Lerch ltr1.jpg (133.43 KiB) Viewed 979 times
E Lerch ltr2.jpg
E Lerch ltr2.jpg (74.87 KiB) Viewed 977 times

itaiv40

Post by itaiv40 » 11 Mar 2008, 00:31

Uhhh, are we supposed to believe that the man in the color photo is Globocnik???

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 11 Mar 2008, 01:43

Uhhh, are we supposed to believe that the man in the color photo is Globocnik???
I certainly hope not. That would not make much sense at all.

~ Mike

ehlerner

Post by ehlerner » 11 Mar 2008, 05:06

I think my first attempt to reply didn't go right.
Again, why not? A few years later than at Sobibor, heavier jowls, broader smile for mother?
Erwin
2Globocniks-Sobibor.jpg
2Globocniks-Sobibor.jpg (81.11 KiB) Viewed 936 times

ehlerner

Post by ehlerner » 11 Mar 2008, 06:17

Michael Miller wrote:
I certainly hope note. That would not make much sense at all.

~ Mike
Then again, I've been cropping and studying it with Photoshop, and I might have been hoodwinked. I have to ask my Austrian friend who passed it along to me, to check it out.
TBC
Erwin
glob2heads cropped.jpg
glob2heads cropped.jpg (24.34 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 11 Mar 2008, 09:43

ehlerner wrote:
Again, why not? A few years later than at Sobibor, heavier jowls, broader smile for mother?
Erwin
2Globocniks-Sobibor.jpg
And with that, all credibility is lost.
Max.

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”