Globocnik suicide

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
coburg22

Re: Globocnik suicide

Post by coburg22 » 17 Mar 2011, 21:22

Hello,

I was just wonder what your fascination was with just this one man? I am not being sarcastic I would just like to know.

Best,

James

ehlerner

Post by ehlerner » 17 Mar 2011, 22:40

Back in the late 1980s, I began researching multi-contradictions in bigwigs' memoirs and history books re. treasure found "fortuitously" in a salt mine at Merkers, Germany. I read, read, read, wrote letters, more letters. I began going the the NYU Bobst Library and read a ton of Nuremberg War Tribunal testemonies. At one point, Seyss-Inquart was questioned about Jews deported from Vienna to Nisko, Poland. Seyss replied something to the effect that: "Oh, that was Eichmann's and Globocnik's doings.
I asked myself: What in the world is a Globocnik? So, I began finding out. I found that I wasn't finding anything in most histories, and the same several paragraphs in published, more popular history books. I needed to know why that was the case. Why was Globocnik's being glossed over?
Years and years of reading, and I wrote drafts of a movie script on the subject. It was all cardboard, and my wife said: "Go there!" I flew to Frankfurt, rented a car, and for 30 days drove through Globocnik's Europe. I'd posted a question on this and other history news groups: Looking for info on Odilo Globocnik. People began to respond, several via email, and one person led to another until eventually I'd established a network of historians and interested individuals. People translated foreign language documents for me. I passed those on, and more documents arrived.
On and on and on.
My movie script is a master work. I've tried writing a history book with citations but that's not my thing. I started a novel, and that's not my thing. I'm a playwright, and the story was too big to fit on a stage. So, I've written this epic that I can't sell.

That's my fascination in a huge nutshell.

Erwin

coburg22

Post by coburg22 » 17 Mar 2011, 23:00

Hello Erwin,

Interesting story, I am sure it would make a good movie if it was to be based on the life of Odilo Globocnik.

Best,

James

itaiv40

Post by itaiv40 » 18 Mar 2011, 02:47

With all that being said, Erwin, I think people here would like to see any of the wealth of pictures and documents you have, if, of course, you are interested in sharing. That IS the purpose of this forum.

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 18 Mar 2011, 18:08

This thread is going nowhere pleasant, and as Erwin has pointed out,
she's had more than her 15 minutes of relevance. I hereby lock 'er up.

~ Mike

Phil Nix
In memoriam

Post by Phil Nix » 18 Mar 2011, 19:25

Michael Miller wrote:This thread is going nowhere pleasant, and as Erwin has pointed out,
she's had more than her 15 minutes of relevance. I hereby lock 'er up.

~ Mike
I agree
Phil Nix

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”