Info on some SS-officers ( part I )

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Mikedc

Info on some SS-officers ( part I )

Post by Mikedc » 26 Jul 2007, 18:27

Hopefully somebody can help me with some info on the following SS-officers.

Fritz Glass.
SS-Sturmbannführer.
Kriminaldirektor der Polizei.
In 1941 he was head of the Dienststelle Kriminalpolizei with der Beauftragte des Chefs der Sipo und des SD beim Chef der Zivilverwaltung in der Untersteiermark(HQ in Marburg-am-Drau).
At the same time he was also Leiter der Dienststelle der Kriminalpolizei in Graz.

Hermann Jung.
SS-Untersturmführer.
In 1941 he was head of the Aussendienststelle Cilli within the Dienststelle Geheime Staatspolizei with der Beauftragten des Chefs der Sipo und des SD beim Chef der Zivilverwaltung in der Untersteiermark(HQ in Marburg-am-Drau).

Herbert Stössl(or Sössl).
SS-Untersturmführer.
In 1941 he was head of the Aussendienststelle Pettau within the Dienststelle Geheime Staatspolizei with der Beauftragte des Chefs der Sipo und des SD beim Chef der Zivilverwaltung in der Untersteiermark(HQ in Marburg-am-Drau).

Herbert Krassnigg.
SS-Untersturmführer.
In 1941 he was head of the Aussendienststelle Windisch-Gratz within the Dienstelle Geheime Staatspolizei with der Beauftragte des Chefs der Sipo und des SD beim Chef der Zivilverwaltung in der Untersteiermark(HQ in Marburg-am-Drau).

I know these last three will be not so easy because of their low officersrank. But maybe they're promoted to a higher rank later in the war so who knows, maybe there's something more about these three. If not, well, that's bad luck, we can't have it all.....

Thanks,
Mike

dylan

names

Post by dylan » 26 Jul 2007, 21:27

Jung Josef SS Untersturmf. . Kommandeur of the Aussendienststelle
der Statspolizei on Cilli(Celje) 1941-1942
Born 10/2/1892 at Mittenhausleithen near Graz.

Krassnigg August Chief of Gestapo at Slovenjgradec(Windischgratz)
and Commandant of the camp at Smartno from april 41- okt 41
when he was transferred to IVE Dept of Sipo and SD at Maribor from 1942-1943
During 1945 and up to the capitulation was SS Obersturmf. of the Police at Salzburg.
Austrian Born 15/11/1894 at St Martin .Prisoner in camp Weissenstein.

Glass born in Koenigsberg.

dylan

Mikedc

Post by Mikedc » 26 Jul 2007, 22:18

Hello Dylan,

Never thought something would have come up regarding the SS-Ustufs so I'm really surprised by all this.
I can't thank you enough, it's just great....

Greetings,
Mike

Phil Nix
In memoriam

Post by Phil Nix » 27 Jul 2007, 11:35

Fritz Glass = Friedrich Class born 2.5.1899 Party Nr 2843091 SS Nr 272523 Joined the SS as Hsf 9.11.38 Sbf 20.4.40 Awarded the SA Sports Badge and the Reichs Sports badge both in Bronze Leiter Kripo Graz 29.6.40 - 5.12.42 (Succeeded by Sbf Ernst Daumerlang)
Phil Nix

Mikedc

Post by Mikedc » 27 Jul 2007, 13:20

Hello Phil,

Thanks for the additional info on Glass, much appreciated. You don't have his DoD/place of death by any accident???

Dylan wrote:
Glass born in Koenigsberg.
Hello Dylan(or somebody else), do you know which Königsberg maybe???
I've found a whole bunch of Königsbergs through Google.
Greetings,
Mike

Note Class not Glass
Phil Nix

trekker

Re: Info on some SS-officers ( part I )

Post by trekker » 30 Mar 2011, 12:49

Mikedc wrote:Hopefully somebody can help me with some info on the following SS-officers.

Fritz Glass.
SS-Sturmbannführer.
Kriminaldirektor der Polizei.
In 1941 he was head of the Dienststelle Kriminalpolizei with der Beauftragte des Chefs der Sipo und des SD beim Chef der Zivilverwaltung in der Untersteiermark(HQ in Marburg-am-Drau).
At the same time he was also Leiter der Dienststelle der Kriminalpolizei in Graz.

Hermann Jung.
SS-Untersturmführer.
In 1941 he was head of the Aussendienststelle Cilli within the Dienststelle Geheime Staatspolizei with der Beauftragten des Chefs der Sipo und des SD beim Chef der Zivilverwaltung in der Untersteiermark(HQ in Marburg-am-Drau).

Herbert Stössl(or Sössl).
SS-Untersturmführer.
In 1941 he was head of the Aussendienststelle Pettau within the Dienststelle Geheime Staatspolizei with der Beauftragte des Chefs der Sipo und des SD beim Chef der Zivilverwaltung in der Untersteiermark(HQ in Marburg-am-Drau).

Herbert Krassnigg.
SS-Untersturmführer.
In 1941 he was head of the Aussendienststelle Windisch-Gratz within the Dienstelle Geheime Staatspolizei with der Beauftragte des Chefs der Sipo und des SD beim Chef der Zivilverwaltung in der Untersteiermark(HQ in Marburg-am-Drau).

I know these last three will be not so easy because of their low officersrank. But maybe they're promoted to a higher rank later in the war so who knows, maybe there's something more about these three. If not, well, that's bad luck, we can't have it all.....

Thanks,
Mike

Hello!

I have found the following information about Herbert Stössl (also spelled Stössel, I suppose wrongly):

SS-Untersturmführer Herbert Stössl was appointed the Gestapo leader in Ptuj (Leiter Aussendienststelle Pettau) on 17. 4. 1941.

Herbert Stössl was followed there by Walter Gielke.

Herbert Stössl succeeded Georg Krammhöller as the Gestapo leader in Trbovlje (Trifail) and was succeeded himself by Georg Krammhöller who was afterwards succeeded by Walter Gielke.

Stössl was head of the camp in the castle Borl (Ankenstein) near Ptuj in April/May 1942.

I hope you have already found some infromation in the meantime as I would be glad to know more about Herbert Stössl and Walter Gielke.
It would be useful to know when Georg Krammhöller moved from Trbovlje (Trifail). I guess he left for Celje (Cilli)?

Regards

Mikedc

Post by Mikedc » 30 Mar 2011, 20:32

Hello Trekker,
Thanks for the extra info on Herbert Stössl. And no, I've no further info about Stössl. And since I don't know Walter Gielke I also don't have any info on him, he's totally new to me....
And who can tell me more about Georg Krammhöller or Kramhöller(as mentioned in this thread with photo: http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 6&start=30 )???

Greetings, Mike

trekker

Post by trekker » 31 Mar 2011, 08:09

Mikedc wrote:Hello Trekker,
Thanks for the extra info on Herbert Stössl. And no, I've no further info about Stössl. And since I don't know Walter Gielke I also don't have any info on him, he's totally new to me....
And who can tell me more about Georg Krammhöller or Kramhöller(as mentioned in this thread with photo: http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 6&start=30 )???

Greetings, Mike
Hi Mike!

I will be glad to tell you about Georg Krammhöller when I find something about him but he's not my priority at the moment. I already know that he was sentenced to death by hanging on Thursday, June 26, 1947, at 15.00 hours, by the military court in Maribor. In the newspaper that brought the news the name is spelled Kramhöller.

Regards

Mikedc

Post by Mikedc » 31 Mar 2011, 09:19

Trekker wrote:
I will be glad to tell you about Georg Krammhöller when I find something about him but he's not my priority at the moment. He's not a priority for me either but I hope somebody just can tell me a bit more about him. I'm especially interested in the fact if he was an SS-officer or not since I'm only dealing with SS-officers
I already know that he was sentenced to death by hanging on Thursday, June 26, 1947, at 15.00 hours, by the military court in Maribor. Yes, I've that info as well, but nothing more.
In the newspaper that brought the news the name is spelled Kramhöller. Yes, I've seen that.
Thank you for answering,
Mike

trekker

Post by trekker » 01 Apr 2011, 07:47

Mikedc wrote:Trekker wrote:
I will be glad to tell you about Georg Krammhöller when I find something about him but he's not my priority at the moment. He's not a priority for me either but I hope somebody just can tell me a bit more about him. I'm especially interested in the fact if he was an SS-officer or not since I'm only dealing with SS-officers
I already know that he was sentenced to death by hanging on Thursday, June 26, 1947, at 15.00 hours, by the military court in Maribor. Yes, I've that info as well, but nothing more.
In the newspaper that brought the news the name is spelled Kramhöller. Yes, I've seen that.
Thank you for answering,
Mike
Hello again!

Yesterday I was lucky to find the following:
Georg Kramhöller
born 28.1.1905 in Rietzmeiss near Regen
Austrian citizen
Kriminalsekretär
SS-Untersturmführer
come to Celje from Trbovlje on 1.2.1945

In another book I've found as follows:
Gestapo leaders in Ptuj: Herbert Stössl, Walter Gielke, Josef Kouba, Paul Buchwald
Gestapo leaders in Trbovlje: Georg Kramhöller, Herbert Stössl, Georg Kramhöller, Walter Gielke
(Note: In this book it is spelled Krammhöller and Stössel)

From information in a third source I have concluded that Gielke was only briefly in Ptuj and must have left before January 1942. Obviously he was in Trbovlje from 1.2.1945 succeeding Krammhöller. Where was he in years 1942-1944 and who was he anyway?!

Regards

trekker

Post by trekker » 01 Apr 2011, 07:58

I have forgotten to add this:
Georg Kramhöller was the Gestapo leader in Celje where he succeeded Fritz Schönrock.
He was arrested in Celje in May 1945.

Bye

trekker

Post by trekker » 17 May 2011, 09:35

Mikedc wrote:Hello Trekker,

Greetings, Mike
Here's some more information I have found:

Georg Kramhöller
Georg Kramhöller was the Gestapo leader in Trbovlje 8.8.1941 – 26.1.1943 and again 1.4.1943 – 1.2.1945.

Walter Gielke
Kriminalsekretär and SS-Hauptscharführer Walter Gielke was deputy to the Gestapo leader Georg Kramhöller in Trbovlje 8.8.1941 – 26.1.1943 and again 1.4.1943 – 1.2.1945.
Walter Gielke was the Gestapo leader in Trbovlje 1.2.1943 – 7.5.1945. His deputy was Kriminalsekretär and SS-Hauptscharführer Fritz Markl.
Gielke's wife worked in the Gestapo office administration as a typewriter in 1944.
The information that Walter Gielke was the Gestapo leader in Ptuj which I posted 1.4.2011 seems quite doubtful to me now.

Herbert Stössl (Stössel)
Kriminalobersekretär and SS-Untersturmführer Herbert Stössl (Stössel) was the Gestapo leader in Trbovlje 26.1.1943 – 1.4.1943.
He was born on 2.11.1891 in Zwikau.
It is possible that he was transferred from Trbovlje to Bruxelles.
I'm interested in any further information about him.

Regards

trekker

Post by trekker » 17 May 2011, 14:00

I hope there are forum members who can provide me with some information – at least the name – about

Kunesch
Kriminalsekretär („secrétaire criminel“)
SS-Obersturmführer („lieutenant S.S.“, „porucznik“)
head of the Gestapo office IV B of the KdS Bordeaux at the end of 1943 and in 1944

The leading Gestapo personnel in Bordeaux at the end of 1943 – among them „secrétaire criminel“ Kunesch – is listed at http://livreblanc.maurice-papon.net/chap1-suite.htm

Referring to events in Bordeaux in 1944 „porucznik“ Kunesch is mentioned at http://superfon.myftp.org:9080/Ksi%B9%B ... Cmieje.txt

At http://books.google.com/books?id=JKMnxI ... &q&f=false Kunesch is mentioned as „lieutenant“ at page 20 and as „lieutenant S.S.“ at page 110 which I believe can be translated as SS-Obersturmführer.

Thanks in advance.

Mikedc

Post by Mikedc » 17 May 2011, 22:59

Hello Trekker,
Thanks for all the extra info, you have been a great help, thank you very much.

Trekker wrote:

Walter Gielke was the Gestapo leader in Trbovlje 1.2.1943 – 7.5.1945.
I think this has to be: Walter Gielke was the Gestapo leader in Trbovlje 1.2.1945 - 7.5.1945

Thanks again for all additional info, much appreciated.
Mike

trekker

Post by trekker » 18 May 2011, 07:53

Yes, of course. The correct information is as Mike put it:
Walter Gielke was the Gestapo leader in Trbovlje 1.2.1945 - 7.5.1945.

Sorry.

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”