Auschwitz Photo Album at USHMM.org

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Ahf
Banned

Post by Ahf » 20 Sep 2007, 03:15

Michael Miller wrote:
Me, too, but undoubtedly for a different reason. Every person in those photos should have been arrested and received a bullet in the head.
Well, I'm not going to disagree with you there. My reaction is based on the fact that these photos are of incalculable historical value.

What exactly are you insinuating here? --> "Me, too, but undoubtedly for a different reason."

~ Mike
I assumed your bp rose because you were excited because of the research value, while mine was due to the anger over the fact that so many of those depicted escaped justice. Also, while people were being starved and murdered, they all look fat and the woman like whores.

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 20 Sep 2007, 05:25

Ahf,

I can agree that many of those escaped justice, but on those photos almost everyone was brought to justice and convicted and in many cases even hanged. As example Kramer, Höss, Hössler, Moll, Pohl and more. But to generelize ad say that the women look like whores doesn´t make sence, if not you should go to either Reeperbahn / Hamburg or Red light district then you should see how whores look like. To me the women in the pictures look like clerks being on a company "kick off".

But I would also would like to know more about them, and in one photo you can see that one woman has a armband, I wonder which one that can be?

Best regards,

Georg

Ahf
Banned

Post by Ahf » 20 Sep 2007, 06:00

Georg wrote:Ahf,

I can agree that many of those escaped justice, but on those photos almost everyone was brought to justice and convicted and in many cases even hanged. As example Kramer, Höss, Hössler, Moll, Pohl and more. But to generelize ad say that the women look like whores doesn´t make sence, if not you should go to either Reeperbahn / Hamburg or Red light district then you should see how whores look like. To me the women in the pictures look like clerks being on a company "kick off".

But I would also would like to know more about them, and in one photo you can see that one woman has a armband, I wonder which one that can be?

Best regards,

Georg
I'm not going to do a head count of the people in the photos, but it looks to be well over a hundred. So, the fact that you name four that were executed is unimpressive at best. And I am well aware of what whores look like. Would slapping some lipstick on them make them more identifiable to you? You see clerks, I see women who elected to join the SS, that are fat off the food they stole from starving people, who no doubt were servicing the SS officers and accepting gifts of stolen property, and were well aware and aided in the mass murders taking place.

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 20 Sep 2007, 06:30

ahf~

This is a research forum. That doesn't mean you have to check all of your beliefs and opinions at the door, but we ask that you do try to rein in your emotions a bit in order to keep the peace and promote the primary purpose of the forum- education, sharing of knowledge, that sort of thing.

We all know, I think, that the men and women who comprised the staff of Auschwitz-Birkenau were engaged- to varying degrees- in a criminal conspiracy that involved the torture and murder of hundreds of thousands of people. Belaboring that point and expressing the opinion, valid as it may be, that they all deserved a bullet in the head doesn't really accomplish anything.

Sincerely,
~ Mike

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 20 Sep 2007, 06:33

Even if those women served with the SS and in a horribel camp such as Auschwitz I must say that your judgment over woman who wear lipstick is pretty conservative. In that case even my wife and millions of other females also are whores in your point of view.
Your judgement sounds like a typical statement you can read about when people talking about SS-soldiers, if we listening to them the main SS-sioldier had a face as a deathhead, and with a deadly smile enjoying himself abusing man, female and children.

To me me if I try not to think that hte photos are taken at the camp Auschwitz doesn´t look more then people relaxing and having fun, and in some cases making a military tribute to a newly opened hospital, those photos could also been from a member of any branch of the SS as example from a SS-Junkerschule or similiar.

Best regards,

Georg

Ahf
Banned

Post by Ahf » 20 Sep 2007, 15:48

Michael Miller wrote:
That doesn't mean you have to check all of your beliefs and opinions at the door, but we ask that you do try to rein in your emotions a bit in order to keep the peace and promote the primary purpose of the forum- education, sharing of knowledge, that sort of thing.

Sincerely,
~ Mike
If that were truly the case, I wouldn't see so many untoward comments about the victims and rationalization of these crimes on this forum, that go unchallenged and are allowed to remain. But, since I do, I respond.

Ahf
Banned

Post by Ahf » 20 Sep 2007, 15:55

Georg wrote:Even if those women served with the SS and in a horribel camp such as Auschwitz I must say that your judgment over woman who wear lipstick is pretty conservative. In that case even my wife and millions of other females also are whores in your point of view.
Your judgement sounds like a typical statement you can read about when people talking about SS-soldiers, if we listening to them the main SS-sioldier had a face as a deathhead, and with a deadly smile enjoying himself abusing man, female and children.

To me me if I try not to think that hte photos are taken at the camp Auschwitz doesn´t look more then people relaxing and having fun, and in some cases making a military tribute to a newly opened hospital, those photos could also been from a member of any branch of the SS as example from a SS-Junkerschule or similiar.

Best regards,

Georg
My reference to the lipstick was to your response that they didn't look like the the type of whores you're use to. As to your second paragraph, it's unintelligible. I don't know why you would ever not view these photos in their true context, i.e., that they were taken in or near Auschwitz and are photos of murderers or people who aided in the murder of close to or over a million innocent people. Why you would even try to view them in another light, reveals a bizarre bias.

Plavá bestie

Post by Plavá bestie » 20 Sep 2007, 20:52

You can see them in larger version here: http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/zeitgesc ... 82,00.html
Plavá bestie.

Peter
Financial supporter

Post by Peter » 21 Sep 2007, 16:30

What a superb find, that is amazing.

If only the same quality material had survived for Christian Wirth's team of officers.

Now then, who is the expert on the Aufseherinnen, there is so much material for research/identification there.

ghostsoldier

Post by ghostsoldier » 21 Sep 2007, 18:05

Mark Costa wrote:The photo # 34755 showing Mengele, Hoess and Kraemer is absolutely chilling !!! All three in one photo !!

Mark Costa

Yes...chilling, indeed.
Rob
(Photo from the USHMM website)

Georges JEROME
Financial supporter

Post by Georges JEROME » 26 Sep 2007, 22:24

it would be interested to mix book Officers who run KL Auschwitz with this extraordinary serie of pics to have a full identication

thanks again to Max and Georg to allow us to see this serie

Georges

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 26 Sep 2007, 22:37

Georges, any idea or suspect about the four man?

Jeremy Dixon

Post by Jeremy Dixon » 30 Sep 2007, 22:11

think this photo with Baer, Mengele, Hoess and Kramer is dated around July - Oct 1944 ? it doesn't look any later it doesn't look cold!

The date also ties in with the subjects in the photo and I think the man on the extreme right SS-Obersturmfuhrer is either Johannes Schindler adjutant to Kramer or SS-Obersturmfuhrer Rudolf Orlich who was adjutant to Heinrich Schwarz the commander of Auschwitz III - Monowitz who is notable by his absence !!

Richard Baer Commandant July 1944 - January 1945 (Sturmbannfuhrer from June 1944)
Josef Mengele - May 1943 - January 1944
Rudolf Höss -his second time as Commandant May -July 1944 (so he could be handing over to Baer)
Josef Kramer - Commander of Birkenau May-Dec 1944

so who is the other man - this is a list of the officers with the correct rank and who served during this time, and looking at the age under 50 I would say? Also note no awards!!

SS-Obersturmfuhrer
Dr. Hans Delmotte - 27 years old
Heinrich Josten - 26 years old
Rudolf Orlich - 34 years old
Johannes Schindler - 37 years old

Jeremy

I B Piper

Post by I B Piper » 08 Oct 2007, 13:06

Has anyone been able to identify Richard Glücks , Inspector of Concentration Camps (Amptsgruppe D) in any of the pictures. There are conflicting stories of what happened to him.

Best Regards,
I B Piper

itaiv40

Post by itaiv40 » 28 Oct 2007, 21:30

Found two postwar pics of Baer.
Attachments
Baer1.jpg
Baer1.jpg (42.37 KiB) Viewed 1322 times
Baer2.jpg
Baer2.jpg (28.28 KiB) Viewed 1323 times

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”