SS-Obersturmführer Richard Pauli

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Giorgio

SS-Obersturmführer Richard Pauli

Post by Giorgio » 19 Nov 2007, 20:48

As you could see, in my preceding posts I have made several attempts to collect as more as possible data concerning various SS-Officers of the SS-Totenkopf Division and SS-Kavallerie Division.
Now I am looking for information about SS-Obersturmführer Richard Pauli. I only know he was the Adjutant of Theodor Eicke and that he was:
a) Ordnance Officer III.Bataillon/SS-Totenkopf-Infanterie-Regiment 3/ SS-Totenkopf-Division;
b) SS-Obersturmführer & Adjutant SS-Totenkopf-Infanterie-Regiment 3/SS-Totenkopf-Division: from May to August 1940.
Do you have any corrections or additions? Please help me improve this file.
Giorgio

coburg22

Post by coburg22 » 19 Nov 2007, 21:25

Giorgio,

I found a SS-Untersturmfuhrer Richard Pauly (spelled with a y and not an i) in the Dec. 1. 1937 SS-DAL.

Richard Pauly:
Born: 21.12.13
Partei: 3037646
SS: 128581
Attended SS Fuhrerschule Braunschweig in 1936.
Assigned to SS-T.V. Standarte 2 "Brandenburg" (12.1.37 DAL)
SS-Untersturmfuhrer: 20.4.37

Reich Sports Badge in Bronze
SA-Sports Badge in Bronze
Ehrendegen des RFSS

Coburg22

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 19 Nov 2007, 21:25

Hello Giorgio,

Have you tried to do a forumsearch, I think Pauli (with photo) has been discussed several times on this forum.
And if you do a search on "Totenkopf" you will also find a lot of info regarding officers of the SS-T.-Div.

Best regards,

Georg

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio » 20 Nov 2007, 10:21

Georg wrote:Hello Giorgio,

Have you tried to do a forumsearch, I think Pauli (with photo) has been discussed several times on this forum.
And if you do a search on "Totenkopf" you will also find a lot of info regarding officers of the SS-T.-Div.

Best regards,

Georg
Hello Georg & coburg22, thanks for your replies.
I began studying the Third Reich and the SS eight years ago primarily reading all the books I could find written in Italian language. Then I have found a real “friend” in Axis History Forum which I consulted to collect all data I need. Unfortunately I don’t know German and my English is very scholastic. Thanks to the Forum and his threads, I get a good collection of files relating to the Waffen-SS, their COs and NCOs.
Forum is a very important source but often it’s a hard matter to get complete info about the less famous soldiers, just like Richard Pauli and many others.
Now, about Pauli, not Pauly (I may be wrong, but I think that Pauly is a different guy) that’s what I could find in the forum:

A) On 29 April 2004 Phil Nix (Phil Nix Forum Staff Moderator posting his topic “Eicke”, wrote: “Here is a pic of Theodor Eicke and his Adjutant Richard Pauli 1941” and FANGIO (member from Argentina), asked
“Hi Philmil! Do you know the final rank of Richard Pauli? Did he survive the war? “
But Phil gave no answer.

B) On 22 November 2005 same picture is enclosed by stcamp member in his subject “SS-Panzer division Totenkopf Pictures”

C) Again: on 02 December 2004 Mikedc member in his post subject: “Who can help me??? “ wrote:
“While ago I did found a pdf-file on the internet containing a lot of info regarding the battle that was fought around Hill 112 on July 10th 1944.
In this file a lot info about the SS-Division 'Frundsberg' and some other fighting units at that time. And of course also a lot of names from SS-officers that I didn't know off.
So I collected all the info and started searching, but found very little. So below you will find the names and what I'm searching for is the usual stuff: DoB, birthplace, ranks, DoD, place of death, SS- and party number and some career-info. And if somebody has a picture from one of the mentioned officers, would be great as well. About some of them I already have some off this asked for info but it would take to many posts to do all these names one by one, so I ask all the info in one and the same post.
(…)
SS-Obersturmführer Pauli: SS-Pz.-AA 10
(….)
But nobody posted the requested data about Pauli.
In the end, I hope that particularly German-speaking forum members (because they can read German books) could give me the info (in English) I cannot find such as Mikedc listed.
Giorgio

coburg22

Post by coburg22 » 20 Nov 2007, 10:38

Hello Giorgio,

I think Pauly (not Pauli) may be correct since Pauly did serve in the pre-war SS-Totenkopfverbande and could have been posted as Eicke's adjutant. I think if you are looking for information on several W-SS Officers than perhaps you should buy the "Fuhrerliste" CD Sets by John Moore which has everything you will need to know about W-SS Officers.

Best R.,

Jack

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio » 20 Nov 2007, 14:02

Thank you very much coburg 22
Giorgio

Mikedc

Re: SS-Obersturmführer Richard Pauli

Post by Mikedc » 21 Dec 2013, 16:50

Richard Pauli = Richard Pauly

Portrait wurde von dem Künstler SS Obersturmführer "Richard Pauly" gemalt, dieser war Adjutant im Totenkopf Inf. Rgt. 3
Source:
https://www.weitze.net/detail/18/Fotogr ... 90518.html

Giorgio,
I've Richard Pauli/Pauly as Adjudant from SS-T-Inf.-Rgt. 3 till ?? March 1942 when he got wounded.

Greetings, Mike

Mikedc

Post by Mikedc » 21 Dec 2013, 19:03

Here something more about his death(the dws-xip.pl site gives his death as 1944 which is not correct apparently:
http://www.dws-xip.pl/reich/biografie/n ... er128.html ).

Hallo zusammen,
nachstehend gebe ich eine wahre Begebenheit wieder - die, aufgrund eines "Irrtums" der Sieger wie so oft damals ein unschuldiges Opfer zur Folge hatte - nur aufgrund einer Namensverwechslung. Ob hierfür je die Schuldigen zur Rechenschaft gezogen wurden, bleibt ungeklärt - waren doch beide Nazis:
" Frau Pauly, die mit ihren 3 Kindern seit acht lange Jahre auf die Heimkehr ihjres Mannes wartete, erhielt im Jahre 1952 die Nachricht, daß ihr Mann am 06.12.1951 in enem polnischen Gefängnis in Danzig an "Lugentuberkolose" verstorben ist!
Eine sehr traurige Nachricht nach den Schrecken des zu Ende gegangenen Krieges, hatte ihr Mann doch das Glück, das Kriegsende erlebt zu haben.
Am 13.4.1945 geriet der SS-Sturmbannführer Richard Pauly in amerikanische Gefangenschaft. 1947 wurde er im Internierunslager Dachau von den Amerikanern "freigesprochen". Diese Nachricht bekam Frau Pauly im Januar 1947.
Wie der Blitz aus heiterem Himmel traf am 16. November 1947 von einer polnischen Dienststelle in Warschau die Nachricht ein, daß Richard Pauly von den Amerikanern in Dachau an Polen ausgeliefert worden sei.
Polen suchte den ehemealigen Kommandanten des KL Stuthoff Max Pauly der aber bereits am 3. Mai 1946 von einem britischen Militärgericht zum Tode verurteilt und später hingerichtet worden war - im sogenannten Curiohaus-Prozess.
Auch als sich bei der polnischen Dienststelle endgültig aufgeklärt hatte, daß der eigentlich Gesuchte bereits hingerichtet worden war und Richard Pauly lediglich den Familienname mit dem KL-Kommandanten gemein hatte, wurde Richard Pauly nicht entlassen.
Vielmehr dichtete man dem Frontoffizier eine "Gestapozugehörigkeit" an, die ebenfalls wieder aus der Luft gegriffen war. Also, weil durch ein Urteil das begangene Unrecht deckt werden musste, wurde Richard Pauly zu 8 Jahren Gefängnis verurteilt.
Eidestattliche Erklärungen von Kameraden, das Bemühen des damilgen Landesbischofes Dr. Wurm und die Versicherung von Kameraden des R. Pauly, die mit ihm in polnischer Gefangenschaft saßen, konnten sein tragisches Schicksal nicht abwenden.
An den Folgen der polnischen Haft - gewollt oder ungewollt, verstarb dann Stubaf. Pauly am 06.12.1951.
Damals wie heute fragte man sich, wer übernimmt die Verantwortung für diesen Tod. Amerikaner? Polen? keiner von beiden? Das Gewissen der damaligen westlichen Welt blieb stumm.
Viele hatten unter Pauly gekämpft, war er doch Ia der 5. SS-Pz. Div.

Source:
http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/wbb ... b93e19f28a

Greetings, Mike

George_W

Post by George_W » 21 Apr 2014, 20:09

Hi,

Richard Pauly, 21/12/1913 born, 25/02/1947 extradited from US zone to Poland, 27/08/1947 sentenced to 8 years in Warsaw,
06/12/1951 died in prison.

George

BAOR

Post by BAOR » 08 Aug 2015, 18:10

Hi folks,

maybe someone can help to get more data about Richard Pauly.

I am especially interested about the trial in Poland, and the denazification which allegedly took place in Dachau. Also the whereabouts of his wife and children.

By the end of the war Pauly was living with his family in my hometown. He is also to find at the local WWII cemetery.

Thanx.

smetanin albert

Post by smetanin albert » 02 Jun 2021, 05:53

about Pauly
Attachments
Pauly.jpg
33-27
God created the Internet, but devil created Darknet.

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”