Günther Kaddatz or Hans Döring?

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Giorgio

Günther Kaddatz or Hans Döring?

Post by Giorgio » 09 Mar 2010, 13:04

Has any of you a photo of Günther Kaddatz or Hans Döring? From my research, it seems that one of them was at the head of Ortskommandantur-Pisa in 1944. In the account of a doctor, he is described as follows: a very young SS major, tall ca 1.90, a typical example of Prussian militarism. However, the doctor does not mention his name.
My be that photography helps me identify this commander.
Thanks in advance
Giorgio

Giorgio

Re: Günther Kaddatz or Hans Döring?

Post by Giorgio » 21 Mar 2010, 10:51

No photo of Kaddatz? or of Döring? Even alongside some Nazi leader?
Giorgio

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio » 13 Apr 2010, 17:18

While expecting the requested photo, recently I found in a book (*) a very interesting note concerning Kaddatz.
That’s my rough translation:
"When he was called to demonstrate in front of the International Military Court he had not personally participated in criminal actions, he turned to the Archbishop of Pisa to get a copy of a letter in which, during the 45 days of the German military occupation, the prelate had thanked him for his availability.
Unfortunately there is no trace of Kaddatz’s letter nor the reply of the Archbishop but in the archiepiscopal archive is kept a note which reads :
“We (i.e. = the archbishop) thanked the captain Kaddatz for:
1) Not having evacuated the entire population for 40 days while the battle front passed through the city;
2) Granting permission to supply the population needed food;
3) Having special regard to grant passes for all hospital doctors, attendants and nurses
4) Having allowed to be kept dairy cattle for milk supply to the sick and children”.

From the foregoing, I conclude that Kaddatz was actually head of Ortskommandantur of Pisa, but I have yet to test. Can anyone help me?
Giorgio
(*) "Conferenza Episcopale Toscana - Chiese Toscane. Cronache di guerra 1940-1945", page 484, footnote 30.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio » 12 Sep 2010, 17:54

Hello all,
Few months ago I’ve sent a post requesting info about SS-Hstuf. Kaddatz. I would be still glad if someone could post a photo of this officer.
I would also like to know something about Kaddatz’s fate. I know that he was prosecuted and I’ve been trying (without success) to know where and from which International Military Court was he put on trial and if he has been condemned or acquitted.
Could anyone help me? Could you suggest me where can I find more useful info about his process?
Best regards,
Giorgio.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio » 11 Aug 2013, 17:15

Three years ago I have posted a request on the SS Hauptsturmführer Günther Kaddatz, who was the commander of the SS battalion which occupied the city of Pisa during the war. But my historical investigation has stopped when the Waffen-SS left Pisa. Can anyone let me know if he was tried by an Ally Military Court? For details, please see my previous post.

PATRICK CHARRON

Post by PATRICK CHARRON » 26 Aug 2013, 22:30

Hello,

There are two pictures of Gunther Kaddatz in "Im gleichen Schritt und Tritt" Schild Verlag 1988 pages 434 and 437.
He seems to have led until February 1945 II./Pz.GR.Rgt.36 and then was Kr Pz.Gr.Rgt 35 until the end of the war.
Eventually promoted to the rank of Ostubaf in April 1945.
Source:Vom Platensee bis zum Mur J.P Puntigam 1993 Hannes Krois

I have no information on a judgment after the war, nor his fate.

Regards

Patrick

Charles Trang

Post by Charles Trang » 27 Aug 2013, 14:45

Someone of his family is a forum member. You should try with him.

PATRICK CHARRON

Post by PATRICK CHARRON » 28 Aug 2013, 12:56

hello,

There is a reference to Günther Kaddatz and a judgment in this link (in German).
Kaddatz may be was a witness at the IMT ???

http://forum.panzer-archiv.de/viewtopic.php?p=120936

Regards
Patrick

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio » 28 Aug 2013, 14:35

It may be, I know that forum and I've seen many others. I'm just much interested in knowing if Kaddatz was tried and convicted or if he was acquitted. I am very curious to know because of the letter from the archbishop of Pisa, of which, unfortunately, there is no copy.

Charles Trang

Post by Charles Trang » 29 Aug 2013, 12:09

By the way, Günter Kaddatz was 189,5cm tall, as it is noted in his Führerkarte.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio » 29 Aug 2013, 14:17

Could I have a copy of that document?
Thanks in advance,
Giorgio

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio » 17 Jul 2014, 19:03

Hello to all forum members!
I just returned from a second angioplasty and unfortunately I lost a lot of time in my research on Gunter Kaddatz. After my various posts I still have not managed to get any news about the reasons for the conferment of the German Cross in Gold and the fate of Kaddatz after his capture by the Allies.
I hope that in the meanwhile someone of You has managed to get some more information or can tell me where to turn to.
Giorgio

PATRICK CHARRON

Post by PATRICK CHARRON » 28 Jul 2014, 12:15

Hello,

There is no mention of facts in relation to those mentioned above in the recommendation for DKiG of Kaddatz.
The last action is made ​​on 7.17.1944 and only mention the blocking of an U.S.attempt to open the road to Pisa.

What is the exact period in question?

A cut picture of Kaddatz source "Im gleichen Schriit und Tritt"page 437
Kaddatz Günther Hstuf Kr II.36.jpg
Kaddatz Günther Hstuf Kr II.36.jpg (170.8 KiB) Viewed 1712 times
Regards
Patrick

NilsHH

Post by NilsHH » 18 Nov 2016, 09:23

Hallo,

may I ask why you are interested in Günther Kaddatz? I am looking for some information myself because i am writing a family chronicle. Could you tell me all you know about him please? And maybe I can help you too.
Günther was the older brother of my grandfather.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio » 18 Nov 2016, 12:55

Hallo NilsHH,
What a pleasant surprise! I started many years ago writing the chronicle of the events that happened in Pisa during the German military occupation. The SS Captain, Head of the pisan Kommandantur, was named Gunther Kaddatz and I managed to trace any documentation about him. This is what I found:
"When he was called to demonstrate in front of the International Military Court he had not personally participated in criminal actions, he turned to the Archbishop of Pisa to get a copy of a letter in which, during the 45 days of the German military occupation, the prelate had thanked him for his availability.
Unfortunately, there is no trace of Kaddatz’s letter nor the reply of the Archbishop but in the archiepiscopal archive is kept a note which reads:
“We (i.e. = the archbishop) thanked the captain Kaddatz for:
1) Not having evacuated the entire population for 40 days while the battle front passed through the city;
2) Granting permission to supply the population needed food;
3) Having special regard to grant passes for all hospital doctors, attendants and nurses
4) Having allowed to be kept dairy cattle for milk supply to the sick and children” (*).

Nothing more.
My historical investigation has stopped when the Waffen-SS left Pisa. I would like to know something about Kaddatz’s fate. I know that he was prosecuted and I’ve been trying (without success) to know where and from which International Military Court was he put on trial and if he has been condemned or acquitted.

You cannot imagine how it would be important for me to close this research because I believe that Kaddatz - within the limits of its responsibilities as a soldier - managed to find a gentleman's agreement with the Archbishop that prevented more suffering for the population.
Could you help me? Could you suggest me where can I find more useful info about his process?
If you need further information, please reply, even privately, and I let you know.
Best regards,
Giorgio.

(*) "Conferenza Episcopale Toscana - Chiese Toscane. Cronache di guerra 1940-1945", page 484, footnote 30.

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”