Adolf Eichmann?

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
thexfactor

Adolf Eichmann?

Post by thexfactor » 03 Sep 2010, 01:54

Hey everyone! (I'm new here, found out about this forum on youtube)

I am an artist doing a series of paintings re-examining the life and death of Adolf Eichmann, and I was wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to find rare photos of him in his younger days that I could use as references?

i noticed someone already started an almost-identical topic on here, but since that was back in '07, I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to ask again!

Thanks a lot,
Nicole

Phil Nix
In memoriam

Re: Adolf Eichmann?

Post by Phil Nix » 03 Sep 2010, 12:07

Welcome to the Forum Have you tried the search engine there are a lot of entries but there should be pics
Phiul Nix

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 03 Sep 2010, 13:40

Phil Nix wrote:Welcome to the Forum Have you tried the search engine there are a lot of entries but there should be pics
Phiul Nix
Phil,
As the forum has grown and the posts have multiplied in their thousands, the search engine needs further refining. For example, a post search for "Eichmann" in the SS/Polizei forum alone throws up 29 pages of results. A general search throws up 135 pages of results! A topic search (where attachments are shown) in SS/Polizei for the same throws up 188 matches; a general search provides 808 matches. Therefore, a search for a commonly used name such as Eichmann is far too time consuming. To suggest using the search engine for photos of Eichmann for a newcomer must be extremely daunting. Unfortunately, the search facility is no longer as useful a tool as it used to be.
As an aside, images of Eichmann in his youth are very few and far between.
Max.

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 03 Sep 2010, 15:32

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 03 Sep 2010, 16:11

Helly,
There is an argument over whether that is really Eichmann in the class photo.
Max.

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 03 Sep 2010, 18:03

Thanks Max! I didn´t see the photo.. I don´t think is Eichmann in the class photo!

thexfactor

Post by thexfactor » 03 Sep 2010, 18:33

thank you phil.

I actually did search the forum, but max is right, not very much came up. that's how i found the old post from 2007 where the other woman had asked the same question; i clicked on all the links, but many of them were either dead or pictures that I already had.

and thanks for the link, helly; unfortunately, i already had all of those :( but it was a very good little collection to stumble upon.

i know there are not many pictures from this era of his life, but there must be at least a few more than the 20 or so that i have. I have seen, for instance, one that is on (i think?) the spanish cover of eichmann in jerusalem ("eichmann en jerusalen" is the spelling of the title, not really sure which language.) but when I search for it, i am only ever able to find a very small-sized image of about 100x100 pixels.

also, the image that the previous poster had as her avatar is one that i haven't seen before, but again, the image is far too small to really be able to see.

-nicole

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 03 Sep 2010, 19:02

Are you referring to the avatar used by Eichmann Researcher (Sophie) in 2007? If so, that is not an image of Eichmann.
Max.

thexfactor

Post by thexfactor » 04 Sep 2010, 01:06

Yes, that is the one I was referring to. It certainly looks like him, though I guess I wouldn't really be able to tell considering the size of the image. There has to be at least a FEW more, though, I just know it! :idea:

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”