SS-Officers called Pfeiffer

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Halfdan S.

SS-Officers called Pfeiffer

Post by Halfdan S. » 26 Sep 2010, 13:44

I'm trying to identify a person called Pfeiffer that was somehow connected to the Operationszone Adriatisches Küstenland in 1945 - my thought is that he could very well have be an SS-Officer. I've looked thorugh the SSO-files in Berlin and have come up with two possible candidates:

SS-Hauptsturmführer (SS-Nr. 36.238) Karl Pfeiffer (born 26/8-1911), who worked for the SD

SS-Hauptsturmführer (SS-Nr. 310.479) Dr. Helmut Pfeiffer (born 2/11-1907), who worked for the Reichssicherheitshauptamt as well as being Reichshauptstellenleiter im NS-Rechswahrerbund. He has been named in the following threads: http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 6&t=133177 (he lost his SS-Zivilabzeichen in Denmark) and http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 8&t=148144.

Does anyone have any info on either of these two that connects him with the Adriatisches Küstenland or GL Rainer?

I did actually find a third person, Hartmut Pfeiffer, born 23/10-1907, who did a big effort not to get sent to the Eastern Front in 1944/45 - he did apparently know Odilo Globochnik, whom he did contact to secure a transfer to: yes, right, Operationszone Adriatisches Küstenland!!! Globus did write a letter on his behalf, but clearly the SS-Hauptamt was against this transfer - what happened to him further on was not recorded in his file - but somehow he doesn't seem to fit the bill ...

Any help would be appreciated
Best
Halfdan S.
Last edited by Halfdan S. on 27 Sep 2010, 13:31, edited 2 times in total.

Mikedc

Re: SS-Officers called Pfeiffer

Post by Mikedc » 26 Sep 2010, 20:15

Hey Halfdan,
Of course there are more Pfeiffers but it's indeed hard to find the correct one if you almost have nothing to go on. I've two other Pfeiffers in my files but they're in the Waffen-SS and a third Pfeiffer, from whow I also don't have a Christian name, was SS-Ustuf and as Sachbearbeiter involved in the Umsiedlung in Poland in February 1943.
I also would lay my bet on Hartmut Pfeiffer but I've nothing on him so can't help you there.....

Greetings, Mike

Halfdan S.

Post by Halfdan S. » 26 Sep 2010, 20:43

Cheers Mike!

Yes, plenty of Pfeiffers around - the one you mention from Poland was actually the above mentioned Hartmut P.! I'm looking for someone who held a political position of some kind. After having spend almost a couple of days looking through films with Parteikorrespondenz in Berlin-Lichterfelde, I'd only got to the letter F or whatever and hadn't found any suitable candidates whatsoever.

Earlier though looking for one of Herbert Backe's co-workers who also had a very common name, I had also looked over a lot of files aswell, without finding the person that I was looking for. So I thought that since both Darre and Backe had held high SS-ranks, I should look through the SS-files and there he was, the man I was looking for :-)

So I thought that I'd try the same with this Pfeiffer-character and came up with the above mentioned three possible candidates - the rest were Waffen-SS-officers or could be for some other reason be put aside. My thought was that if someone had info on these three persons I could maybe find my man - on the other side for all that I know he might not even have been an SS-officer at all and then I'm back to square one ... but worth a try I think.

Regards
Halfdan S.

Mikedc

Post by Mikedc » 26 Sep 2010, 22:34

Hello Halfdan,
Thanks for telling me about Hartmut P. being the SS-officer Pfeiffer who was Sachbearbeiter in Poland in February 1943 involved in some Unsiedlungsactionen......

Greetings, Mike

Halfdan S.

Post by Halfdan S. » 30 Sep 2010, 14:32

On page 174 in Roland Kaltenegger's book "Operationszone "Adriatisches Küstenland"" there is a reproductions of an invitation to some celebrations on January 30, 1945, of the Machtergreifung. It is signed Pfeiffer, Oberbereichsleiter der NSDAP and Kreisleiter der Provinzgruppe Triest der Operationszone "Adriatisches Küstenland" - who was this Pfeiffer?

Best
Halfdan S.

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”