SS-Hstuf. Fischer

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Shane A Beaver

SS-Hstuf. Fischer

Post by Shane A Beaver » 05 Nov 2010, 16:14

In Franz Schreiber's "Kampf Unter dem Nordlicht", he refers to a SS-Hstuf. Fischer as being IVa (Intendant) to the SS-Gebirgs-Ausbildungs-und Ersatz-Batl. 6 "Hallein". I cannot find anyone to match this official in John Moore's Führerliste. Therefore, I consulted the July 1944 Waffen-SS Dienstaltersliste, and only one individual with the name Fischer and the rank of SS-Hstuf. could be found, namely Paul Fischer. Going back to the Führerliste once more, there were 3 Paul Fischers, none of which were involved with administrative duties (i.e. none were IVa's or Intendants). Consequently, I would like to ask if anyone can confirm that the man I am looking for is Paul Fischer (there is an outside chance he could be Adaam Fischer), please? Of course, my Hstuf Fischer may have been promoted to that rank after July or November 1944, and that will really leave me up the creek without a paddle! Thanks

Regards Shane

garwin

Re: SS-Hstuf Fischer

Post by garwin » 16 Nov 2010, 23:18

Hello Shane,

I was looking for an SS-Obersturmführer Heinz Fischer some time ago.
In another forum I got the information that he was

- in november 1941 as SS-Uscha. at the IV./SS-Art.Rgt. 2
- in july 1943 als SS-Ustu. as ? or at the ? IVa of the II./SS-Geb.Jg.Rgt. 14
- in november 1943 SS-Ostuf. at V. SS-Frw.-A.K.
- in november 1944 SS-Ostuf. SS- Begl.Kp. 10

I am an absolute beginner in things concerning the Waffen-SS and of course I know the name Fischer
is very common in Germany.
But this SS-Obersturmführer also served as a IVa and also in Gebirgsjägerregimentern der Waffen-SS.

Kind regards from Germany,
Andreas.

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”