Gendarmerie-Posten in Zamosc and Lublin.

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
bettan

Gendarmerie-Posten in Zamosc and Lublin.

Post by bettan » 14 Nov 2010, 13:38

Hallo,

I´ve some questions to the Forum concerning some Gendarmerie-Posten in Zamosc as well as in Lublin.

I am writing a biographie about a German man who once was a member of those Posten. Facts about his doings and in what constellation it has happened has got up as a result from looking in WASt, with no doubt this is the truth.

He was enrolled as a Reserve-Polizist in Marburg in 1940, where he also was located at first.
In November he was sent to Poland, where he was at duty from November 1940 until October 1942 at the Gendarmerie-Posten as a part of the Gendarmerie-Hauptmannschaft in Zamosc as a Wachtmeister.
His adress in Zamosc was: SS-Feldpost, Gend. Wachtmeister XX, Zamosc, Distrikt Lublin, General Gouvernem. beim Gendarmerie Posten. He also wrote about Hauptmann d Schupo Willy Voigt und Winkel ( I could´nt identifie this man last mentioned).
In Zamosc XX was Rechnungsfuhrer by Hauptmann der Gendarmerie Scholtz with the Kommandeur Major, later Oberstleutnant der Gendarmerie Hanhzog, district Lublin. In September 1941he also talkes about Hauptmann der Gendarmerie Busse.

In the middle of October 1942 he had to go to Lublin, where he from 1943 on was an Oberwachtmeister der Gendarmerie-Reserve. Here he also was a Rechnungsfuhrer with the Kommendeur of the Gendarmerie in the district of Lublin. Kommandeur was the Major, than later Oberstleutnant of the Gendarmerie Preyssl and in his absence Hauptmann later Major der Gendarmerie Paar.
Here he was at duty until at least the summer 1944. In September he was wounded and therefore was sent to Reserve Hospitals back in Germany. After that he came back late that fall in Marburg to the Polizei-Einhet wherefrom he once more was put into duty. He survived the war.

His identify card was: KDO D. Gen. LUBLIN 500.

I do not have any Feldpost Nummer from Zamosc, but I believe, that the Feldpostnummer in Lublin might have been 59147 Gend. Lublin.

Then to my questions:
1) What was the Polizei-Reserve in Marburg an der Lahn named as?
2) What was the Gendarmerie-Posten in Zamosc and later in Lublin, where he was in duty, called and / or what number did it have? Is the Feldpostnummer in Lublin correct and did it concern all Gendarmerie-Posten there?
3) He said that he was at duty as a Rechnungsfurer. Was he because of this only busy with that kind of work or was he even in duty for something else? If so - what?
4) What possible Feldpost Nummer did he have in Zamosc ?

Anything is of great help for med to know!

With My Best Regards

bettan

Orpoman

Re: Gendarmerie-Posten in Zamosc and Lublin.

Post by Orpoman » 03 Aug 2019, 12:40

Hello bettan

an old post, but I still want to try to respond.
For about two years I have been doing intensive research on the use of the German Gendarmerie in the district of Lublin.

I have already published some information here:
https://www.forum-der-wehrmacht.de/inde ... 1940-1944/

What is the name of the policeman?
I can now prove relatively well where he was used exactly.

best regards
Daniel

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”