Aribert Heim

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Ace Rimmer

Aribert Heim

Post by Ace Rimmer » 27 Feb 2013, 23:12

Hi. I have asked about photos of Aribert Heim previously,but now I am searching for all types of info.
I am looking for where he served(someone keeps claiming he served in Norway, and if that's the case, I am interested in more on that), and everything else you might now about him. I am doing research on a link between him and a Norwegian SS-Officer named Fredrik Jensen, but I am short on info. Therefore your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

PS. If someone who has not seen my previous post has some photos(not the ones you get by searching "Aribert Heim" on Google), I would be extremely happy. Photos of people he might have served with could also be of use. And please, only info or other related stuff :milwink:

giselher

Re: Aribert Heim

Post by giselher » 28 Feb 2013, 10:34

Hi,

i can maybe help a little: According to his own hand written CV, Heim served with SS-Div. Nord from Nov. 21, 1942 to December 31st, 1944. You would have to check where that Division operated during that time.

Other than that, no mentioning of Norway in the CV which is rather detailed and very trustworthy I would say...

Best Tilman

Ace Rimmer

Post by Ace Rimmer » 28 Feb 2013, 13:36

giselher wrote:Hi,

i can maybe help a little: According to his own hand written CV, Heim served with SS-Div. Nord from Nov. 21, 1942 to December 31st, 1944. You would have to check where that Division operated during that time.

Other than that, no mentioning of Norway in the CV which is rather detailed and very trustworthy I would say...

Best Tilman
Thanks! Is there a digital scan of his CV somewhere?

giselher

Post by giselher » 28 Feb 2013, 15:10

Welcome. The CV was on the internet when the news about his death in Egypt came out, and at that time I printed it out from the internet. I don't think I have a digital copy. But anyway, nothing specific concerning Norway in there.

There is a book in German about Aribert Heim: Stefan Klemp: "KZ-Arzt Aribert Heim". Nothing revolutionary in that book but it somehow sums up all that is known about him and his career.

I am a bit sceptical about he media coverage in his case. I have the suspicion that he was made such a "monster" mostly through the media. Fact is that he did not stay long at Mauthausen at all. According to his own statement only 7 weeks. No doubt, his name is in the operations book at Mauthausen and it has been proven that many/most of the inmates that he operated on were dead soon after. So he was by no means innocent. But what makes me think is that the later the more "horrific" witness statements about him came out...

Tilman

Ace Rimmer

Post by Ace Rimmer » 28 Feb 2013, 18:15

Thanks again!
There's several suspicious things about his case, especially regarding his release, how the documents on him has been destroyed, and especially his death. Even though he might not have been the biggest "monster", he has without doubt done some horrible things. Anyways, what i am doing research on is not about his role in Mauthausen, but the accusation made by Spanish and German police about Heim having cooperated with Fredrik Jensen in the early 2000s. I am after my research, so far, doubting he died in Egypt. But, I will be sure to present my case when it is finished.

giselher

Post by giselher » 28 Feb 2013, 18:32

concering his death in Egypt I can only say that to me the son sounded convincing in the long TV interviews that he gave at the time the Egypt story was made public. To me he did not look as someone who wanted to ruin his reputation with a false story told to the worldwide TV audience.

Anyway, Aribert Heim would be almost 99 years old now, so one can rather safely assume that he is no longer alive.

Best Tilman

Ace Rimmer

Post by Ace Rimmer » 28 Feb 2013, 19:27

giselher wrote:concering his death in Egypt I can only say that to me the son sounded convincing in the long TV interviews that he gave at the time the Egypt story was made public. To me he did not look as someone who wanted to ruin his reputation with a false story told to the worldwide TV audience.

Anyway, Aribert Heim would be almost 99 years old now, so one can rather safely assume that he is no longer alive.

Best Tilman
I agree that he most likely is dead. But, his daughter tried to have declared that he died another year than what his son did. The only real evidence that he died in Egypt, is his sons testimony and the briefcase that was (as far as i know) given anonymously. Anyways, i suggest we stops discussing this(since we wont get anywhere :milwink: ).

I have a theory, but what i really need is a photo of Heim taken during the war, or pre-war. There is none existing on the web, but it would be weird if there was not taken any photos of him pre-war or during the war. The problem is that someone needs to find one :?
I know there's several people on this forum with quite impressive collections, so if they have photos of unknown SS-officers, matching Heims rank, or if someone else stumbles over one, it could be of great help. Even though the chances are small, someone could be sitting on the type of photo i am looking for! So please, post pictures of people you don't know who is. Everything is better than nothing.

Ace Rimmer

Post by Ace Rimmer » 04 Mar 2013, 20:46

If someone could help me with the following as well, or say their opinion, i would appreciate it!

According to Wikipedia, Heim served with 6th SS Mountain Division Nord, untill atleast october 42.( if what giselher says is correct, its 44, and then he was in Norway) So between that, and his arrest on 15th march 45, we don't know what he was doing. Is there any possibility that he stayed with the Nord, untill his arrest in march 45? And if not, what could he have been doing? If anyone knows where, and how he was arrested that would also be helpful!
As far as i understand, the papers on this was destroyed in the 70s.

Thanks!

6th SS Mountain Division Nord's area of operations(according to wikipedia)
Germany (February 1941 – June 1941)
Finland & northern Russia (June 1941 – November 1944)
Norway & Denmark (November 1944 – January 1945)
Western Germany (January 1945 – April 1945)
Austria (April 1945 – May 1945)

giselher

Post by giselher » 06 Mar 2013, 12:31

his above mentioned hand written CV mentions:

"1.1.45-15.3.45: West Front, Voges mountains, USA war captivity"

Best
Tilman

Austrian Death Machine

Post by Austrian Death Machine » 30 Aug 2013, 09:35

I've seen the same picture of Dr. Heim over and over. Is the picture I attached Dr. Heim or not?
Attachments
Dr. Heim.jpg
Is this Dr. Heim?
Dr. Heim.jpg (12.65 KiB) Viewed 1183 times

chris44

Post by chris44 » 30 Aug 2013, 20:44

Austrian Death Machine wrote:I've seen the same picture of Dr. Heim over and over. Is the picture I attached Dr. Heim or not?
its definitely not Heim
this is winner of DKiG
Frederik Jensen

Austrian Death Machine

Post by Austrian Death Machine » 02 Sep 2013, 17:59

Thanks chris44. So the only pictures of Heim are the one's we've seen 100 times over and over?

charli peng

Post by charli peng » 12 Jan 2014, 13:38

Moin,
Aribert Heim was the IVb of the SS-Schützen-Bataillon "Nord" (mot.) 6, 1943-1945. POW 1945 in Buchholz.
Greeting Charly P.

Michal78

Post by Michal78 » 12 Aug 2014, 22:12

Can anyone confirm if this SS officer is Aribert Heim? Thx
Michal
Attachments
SS.jpg
SS.jpg (80.66 KiB) Viewed 668 times

Michal78

Post by Michal78 » 12 Aug 2014, 22:15