Axis History Forum

This is an apolitical forum for discussions on the Axis nations and related topics hosted by Marcus Wendel's Axis History Factbook in cooperation with Michael Miller's Axis Biographical Research, Christoph Awender's WW2 day by dayand Christian Ankerstjerne’s Panzerworld.

Skip to content

If you found the forum useful please consider supporting us. You can also support us by buying books through the AHF Bookstore.

Danes in SS propaganda department

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei.
Long-time forum member and moderator Phil Nix (1938 - 2013) generously shared his knowledge and the results of his impressive research with the forum, and this section has therefore been renamed in his honour.
Hosted by Andrey.

Danes in SS propaganda department

Postby Kotik on 03 May 2013 20:05

Hi!

IM of danish origin and in my family on my father side there is a story going around, now I have heard so many versions of it but the latest is that my grandmother was married to a dane that after the invasion was sent to Germany to work on the U-boat shipyards.

After a bombing attack he was wounded and while recovering in hospital he was forcibly recruited by the SS into the propaganda department. is there anyway to prove this or at least get evidence that he served there?

I can give the name but due the sensitivity of the issue I would prefer to send the name in a PM and not put it up here. anybody that can help me to get some clarity on the issue?
Kotik
Sweden

Return to The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section