Unknown SS-Staf.

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
chrish

Unknown SS-Staf.

Post by chrish » 04 Feb 2014, 13:27

Interesting pictures. Anyone know this man?
thanks in advance
C.

Source: http://lifesupportintl.wordpress.com/20 ... nt-page-1/
Attachments
12111.jpg
8.jpg

Michal78

Re: Unknown SS-Staf

Post by Michal78 » 04 Feb 2014, 13:50

Hi Chrish,
he was already identified by Andrey. It is SS-Of. Prof. Dr. med. Hans Holfelder.
Michal

chrish

Post by chrish » 04 Feb 2014, 14:42

Thanks Michal :)

Georges JEROME
Financial supporter

Post by Georges JEROME » 04 Feb 2014, 20:20

SS-Oberf. Prof. Hans Holfelder travelled through Europa with his SS-Röntgensturmbann (X-Ray unit). On 1940 he was in Metz (Lothringen) where civilians could have X rays exams.

Georges

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 05 Feb 2014, 00:59

Georges JEROME wrote:SS-Oberf. Prof. Hans Holfelder travelled through Europa with his SS-Röntgensturmbann (X-Ray unit).
I already asked this in another topic, but no one answered - was he in Serbia in mid-1942?

Cheers,
Ivan

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 11 Feb 2014, 10:44

Ivan Ž. wrote:
Georges JEROME wrote:SS-Oberf. Prof. Hans Holfelder travelled through Europa with his SS-Röntgensturmbann (X-Ray unit).
I already asked this in another topic, but no one answered - was he in Serbia in mid-1942?

Cheers,
Ivan
OK, here's why I was asking that: in the Homann album of the NARA archive are photos of SS-Division "Prinz Eugen" from Serbia, 1942. And right in the middle of the "PE" series are pics from what appears to be some ethnic German celebration. There's a huge odal rune in the middle, with a sword (?) and four ears of wheat. This is why I'm assuming they are ethnic Germans from Serbia (Vojvodina). The SS-Ostuf. holding a speech and the orchestra are all wearing blank right collar patches. And the same SS-Ostuf. can be seen with Holfelder in one of the following photos (and, as I wrote, after the photos of Holfelder, his medical crew and the local civilians [who are dressed as the people of Vojvodina] are "Prinz Eugen" pics again). So, based on all the details, it seems that the Holfelder photos were taken in Serbia as well. Any confirmation?
072.jpg

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 24 Aug 2015, 13:27

Ivan Ž. wrote:OK, here's why I was asking that: in the Homann album of the NARA archive are photos of SS-Division "Prinz Eugen" from Serbia, 1942. And right in the middle of the "PE" series are pics from what appears to be some ethnic German celebration. There's a huge odal rune in the middle, with a sword (?) and four ears of wheat. This is why I'm assuming they are ethnic Germans from Serbia (Vojvodina). The SS-Ostuf. holding a speech and the orchestra are all wearing blank right collar patches. And the same SS-Ostuf. can be seen with Holfelder in one of the following photos (and, as I wrote, after the photos of Holfelder, his medical crew and the local civilians [who are dressed as the people of Vojvodina] are "Prinz Eugen" pics again). So, based on all the details, it seems that the Holfelder photos were taken in Serbia as well. Any confirmation?
Update: photos were indeed taken in Serbia (Banat region), Veliki Bečkerek (today called Zrenjanin), and the SS-Ostuf. is Volksgruppenführer Sepp Janko.

Cheers,
Ivan

Georges JEROME
Financial supporter

Re: Unknown SS-Staf.

Post by Georges JEROME » 24 Aug 2015, 17:03

thank you Ivan for your interesting contribution to this subject.
In second pic he speak with a romanian infantry officer.

Georges

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re: Unknown SS-Staf.

Post by Ivan Ž. » 24 Aug 2015, 17:14

You're welcome, Georges.

Just to avoid a possible confusion, photos taken by SS-KB Homann are from Banat
072b2.jpg
...and these, taken by SS-KB Fritsch, are from Romania (probably Transylvania, I should check)
049b.jpg
Cheers,
Ivan

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 19 Nov 2017, 19:24

DVGB_insignia2.jpg
DVGB_insignia2.jpg (44.08 KiB) Viewed 616 times
[/size]
Ivan Ž. wrote:There's a huge odal rune in the middle, with a sword (?) and four ears of wheat.
It's the insignia of Deutsche Volksgruppe im Banat und in Serbien, here's an example from their 1943 booklet "Zwei Jahre Einsatz und Aufbau":

DVGB_insignia.jpg
DVGB_insignia.jpg (115.07 KiB) Viewed 617 times
[/size]
Cheers,
Ivan

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”