Polizei Memorial in Berlin

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
ihoyos

Polizei Memorial in Berlin

Post by ihoyos » 09 Apr 2014, 16:11

In 1931 - pre Nazi - era. in Bülowplatz, latter Horst-Wessel-Platz , and now Rosa-Luxemburg-Platz was scene of the murders of Paul Anlauf and Franz Lenck, police captains who were the victims of a double homicide in 1931 at the hands of members of the KPD. in 1934 nazis erected a memorial for these 2 non nazi police-men.
During war, bronze was used in war effort. post war during red regime. all traces of monument were erased.
my question. there are some monument, or plaque in actual Berlin, as memorial for killed police, since not really nazi connection.
Attachments
person_himmler24.jpg
hwp.jpg

Max Williams

Re: Polizei Memorial in Berlin

Post by Max Williams » 09 Apr 2014, 19:26

The building in the far background (top photo) was the headquarters of the Berlin communist party which was occupied by the Nazis and turned into Horst Wessel House, the headquarters of the Berlin SA. It is still standing today.
Max.

BB-WA

Post by BB-WA » 13 Apr 2014, 05:32

2 questions -
Is that Kurt Daleuge just about to step of the kerb and Himmler standing closest in the group of 3 in the right of the photo?
Is the date on the photo correct 16.01.1937?

Regards
Brian

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 13 Apr 2014, 10:42

1. Yes to Daluege and yes to Himmler. I think Heydrich is far left.
2. January 1937 appears correct, but the event may have taken place on 16th or just before.
Max.

JoeW
Financial supporter

Post by JoeW » 13 Apr 2014, 14:43

You have great eyes Max. But are you sure Himmler would have bothered making an appearance at such an event? Someone have a copy of the "Deutsche Polizei" magazine of that date close at hand? Mine is in storage.

JoeW
Financial supporter

Post by JoeW » 14 Apr 2014, 22:38

JoeW wrote:You have great eyes Max. But are you sure Himmler would have bothered making an appearance at such an event? Someone have a copy of the "Deutsche Polizei" magazine of that date close at hand? Mine is in storage.
Mea culpa, I should have known better than to question you Max.I found the event in the 1.2.37 issue of Der Deutsche Polizeibeamte. It was the Tag der Deutsche Polizei on January 16, 1937 and everyone who was anyone was apparently there. Himmler, Daluege, Heydrich and even Korpsführer Hühnlein as well as many others seen in the above photo. Unfortunately, the photo in the news magazine reproduced extremely dark and was unusable. But that photo showed that after all the wreaths were placed at the memorial, the large group of men in front of the light post at the left rear, moved back against and parallel to the iron fence while Himmler, Hühnlein and Daluege, with Heydrich and another police general standing behind them stood in front of the memorial to take the march salute of an honor company of police.

ihoyos

Post by ihoyos » 16 Apr 2014, 01:16

Why is so important that date January 16, since the police killing shooting was in August 9. I mean such event with all these high rank officers. wreaths , parade etc are usually used in anniversary of the events.
Attachments
poli.jpg

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”