Theo Pasques

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
insider

Theo Pasques

Post by insider » 18 Mar 2015, 13:51

Hello,

Being a newbie I wonder if I may ask the following question : does anybody has more information about a certain Theo PASQUES?
In this thread he has been identified by "Moniroth You-Bell" http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... s#p1619757

I am preparing a book about him (not to glorify or condemn his acts but to give an accurate description about who he was and why he did what he did).

I am especially intrigued by the circumstances of his death. Officially he died on May 1th 1945 in Wesenberg Mecklenburg/Vorpommern, together with his wife, which seems very odd. This fact on it's own leaves room for questioning the way he died (execution, suicide, etc... ).

If somebody could add some additional info he/she would be welcome !

thx !
Last edited by Dieter Zinke on 18 Mar 2015, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.

steve248

Re: Theo Pasques

Post by steve248 » 20 Mar 2015, 13:19

Ravensbrück concentration camp for women was only 20 miles/ca 30 kms east of Wesenberg?Meckl., and it was liberated by Soviet armies on 29-30 April 1945. Their advance did not stop so they would have been overrunning Wesenberg a day or two later which would have covered Pasques death.
Wesenberg was also on the retreat route from Neustrelitz going west.
Maybe their vehicle broke down or was strafed
Summer is coming, why not drive over to see if you can find a gravestone in the local cemeteries.

insider

Re: Theo Pasques

Post by insider » 20 Mar 2015, 20:01

Thx for the tip! I have written to wesenberg but to no avail yet..

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”