info on vermisste SS-officers

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Georg_S
Forum Staff

info on vermisste SS-officers

Post by Georg_S » 29 Jan 2017, 17:10

I continue my search throughout the DRK Vermisstenlisten and I found some officers I would like to know more about. All of them are listed as vermisst as POWs

Dr. Hans Weiss
SS-?
DoB 09.11.1912
Vermisst O.A in Szgeda

Dr. Alois von Lonski
SS-Stubaf.
Dob 19.12.1904
Vermisst 01.1946 in Stutthof

Helmut Pfeiffer
SS-Ustuf.
Dob 21.10.1924
Vermisst Strakonitz 08.1946

Karl Hiddessen
SS-Ostuf.
Dob 07.01.1925
Vermisst 1945 in Steyr

Thanks in advance

Georg
"Information not shared, is lost"

Personal Blog - http://wennallebruderschweigen.blogspot.com/
Support AHF - app.php/support
My Project - www.führerliste.com

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Re: info on vermisste SS-officers

Post by Georg_S » 29 Jan 2017, 17:45

One more

Rudibert Tretter
SS-Ostuf.
Dob 21.02.1920
Vermisst 05.1945 in Tabor

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 29 Jan 2017, 18:31

One more

Heinz Blaszczyk
SS-Ostuf.
Dob 01.01.1921
Vermisst 02.45 in Temesvar

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 01 Feb 2017, 20:28

Anyone?

/Georg

j keenan
Financial supporter

Post by j keenan » 01 Feb 2017, 20:42

Buy the excellent work the Führer list by John P Moore it will answer all you relentless questions

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 02 Feb 2017, 08:10

Hm I was thinking to write something stupid at first, but what the reason for this forum if we start to tell each other "buy that do that" instead of helping each other. I have been away a few years and I have noticed that the forum isn' t as it was once, in the past there could be 10-30 new threads each day. Now "a good" day maybe 4-5 thread. With your last answer I understand why.

Why I wanted the info on above officers is just curiosity and not for any work. When I want files I buy them from the first source - Bundesarchive and I get everything even files/docs that sometimes are nothing to use but still giving some info. Sometimes I get help from other archives such as the Genkstätten and thought that the AHF also coukd help. But with most of the "old guys" gone it seems that most ppl think like you J Keenan, and fine with me. I will not bother any moore.

One last thing the subforum SS and Polizei in named of one of most generous man you could find - Phil Nix. His spirit is obviously not here any more. And that makes me a little bit sad and worried.

/Georg

Andrey
Host - ABR sections

Post by Andrey » 02 Feb 2017, 08:55

Georg_S wrote:Hm I was thinking to write something stupid at first, but what the reason for this forum if we start to tell each other "buy that do that" instead of helping each other. I have been away a few years and I have noticed that the forum isn' t as it was once, in the past there could be 10-30 new threads each day. Now "a good" day maybe 4-5 thread. With your last answer I understand why.

Why I wanted the info on above officers is just curiosity and not for any work. When I want files I buy them from the first source - Bundesarchive and I get everything even files/docs that sometimes are nothing to use but still giving some info. Sometimes I get help from other archives such as the Genkstätten and thought that the AHF also coukd help. But with most of the "old guys" gone it seems that most ppl think like you J Keenan, and fine with me. I will not bother any moore.

One last thing the subforum SS and Polizei in named of one of most generous man you could find - Phil Nix. His spirit is obviously not here any more. And that makes me a little bit sad and worried.

/Georg
Hello Georg,

I agree, it is very sorry and sadly, but you're largely right above.
Our "old fighters" almost all have lost interest in the subforum and a lot of new members (which is good) they do not know how it was before here.
I do not want to grumble like an old man, but everything flows and everything changes are not always for the better.
On the other hand, the sources of information becomes more and more. Forum is largely filled the previously existing information vacuum on this theme. In my opinion, the exchange of information between forum members and help - the main goal here. Buy books, photos and access to archives can anyone who has a lot of free money, of course.
Nothing personal, I hope for understanding,

Best regards,

Andrey.

Jan-Hendrik

Post by Jan-Hendrik » 02 Feb 2017, 09:26

A wise word:

Information not shared is lost!

Jan-Hendrik

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 02 Feb 2017, 10:35

Thanks Andrey and Jan Hendrik,

Yes I can´t agree more about your words as well.

I have to put up one more argument for my defense why I ask about the Officers above. They are all listed at the DRK´s vermisstelisten. Not attached to any units which you can find in the "band" WA to WE, they are all from the band KA to KK approx 700 pages in each volume. Annd when I have searched a number of officers or sometimes NCO´s enlisted etc. I get the info "According to..... they are listed as KIA", for me it´s a huge difference between KIA or MIA. When a soldier get KIA the most ppl can give an explenation why he was killed etc. When a soldier get MIA, the relatives can´t get a closure etc.

As I saw info of an Officer once in Wiking and other units he was Stubaf (degr from Ostubaf) and the source here gave that he was most likely KIA, because the testimonies gave that "he asked his men to leave him behind because he wouldn´t make it, he would finish himself off". But according to the DRK they have testimonies that he survived and went missing later in a POW camp. Most sure that he and the others died somehow and that the goverment charge of the POW camp didn´t care to make his death official. Many "heimkehrer" (returning soldiers from teh POW camps in Russia 54-55) had to give testimonies about a huge number of MIA´s among them a fd Blockführer from SAchsenhausen which SS-Hacha Nowocki testimonied that Ficker had died in a POW camp in Workuta in the 50´s . The same fate had Anton Kaindl (Kdt) from the same camp.

Almost all MIA´s are after the war decleared dead by courts, ut I think the DRK liste is a huge compliment for researchers to get the whole picture of an officer, NCO and enlisted men. Even if the info can sometimes be incorrect I think it´s interessting that they have been listed as MIA. I have for a month now looking through the MIA list from the POW camps, I have found a HUGE number of SS soldiers of all ranks, My first goal was to find any camp personell, but later I started to download every page with SS-Soldier which I intend to make public on a blog in the future. So in the future you don´t have to look through all the pages as I have been doing. Unfortunately a lot of formers SS soldiers are listed as "Gefreiter, OGreiter, LT etc" if they have civilian clothes I can´t save the info because they are so many. A lot of times relatives have given the Army rank to their MIA relatives, much because after the war SS was mostly attached to Bergen Belsen, Buchenwald and Auschwitz, but there will the uniform reveale the truth about their MIAs. Sometimes relatives have "hidden" their MIAs identity even on the photo, paint scatch etc to remove the runes or deathhead. Butlisted them as SS-Rttfhr (!?) But a lot of times they have their believed rank under the photo, even if it´s sometmes wrong (see the photo of Pflaum I published a couple of days ago) and I have even found a young man born in 1926 or 25 listed as SS-Staf (probably Staffelanwärter).

But as you two wrote, shared info is lost info.

I will now close this matter and move forward. But I think if AHF continues to be like this, this forum will unfortunately be dead in a few years

//Georg.

Peter
Financial supporter

Post by Peter » 02 Feb 2017, 13:11

Pfeiffer, Helmut
SS-Ustuf.
born 21 Oct 1924 Rossbach/Witzenhausen
SS # not established
NSDAP # not established

SS-Funker with SS-Nachr.AuE.Rgt. in Jan 1943
Promoted SS-Ustuf on 21 Dec 1944
SS- Ustuf. with SS-Art.AuE.Rgt. in Dec 1944
SS-Ustuf. with Art.Rgt.9 in Mar 1945

Vermisst March 1945

From John Moore's listing and other sources.

Peter
Financial supporter

Post by Peter » 02 Feb 2017, 13:19

Tretter, Rudibert
SS-Hstuf.
born 21 Feb 1920 Hockenheim/Baden
SS # 382 347

SS-Ustuf. Chef,5./Inf.Rgt.6 in Nov 1941
Promoted SS-Ostuf on 21 Jun 1943
SS-Ostuf. with 10.SS-Pz.Div. in Jun 1943
SS-Hstuf. 2./SS-Pz.Gr.AuE.Btl.16 in Apr 1945

Vermisst May 1945

Peter
Financial supporter

Post by Peter » 02 Feb 2017, 13:24

Blaszczyk, Heinz
SS-Ostuf.
born 1 Jan 1921 Essen/Kray
SS # 391 909
NSDAP # Not a member

SS-Strm. with Krad.Erk.Zug/Pz.GR.9 in May 1940
SS-Ustuf. 02,SS-Pz-Korps in Jun 1942
Promoted SS-Ostuf on 21 Jun 1943
SS-Ostuf. 4./Aufkl.Abt.2 in Jul 1943
SS-Ostuf. 3./Pz.Rgt.2 in Aug 1943
SS-Ostuf. Chef,2./Aufkl.Abt.22 in Aug 1944

Vermisst 11 Feb 1945 Budapest

Peter
Financial supporter

Post by Peter » 02 Feb 2017, 13:28

It is good to see you back Georg, is your old forum account not working ?

I regret I have no trace of von Lonski or Weiss

MfG Peter

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 02 Feb 2017, 14:18

Hello Peter,

Many thanks for this. :) Yes I have totally forgot my password and when I was missing for several years with new emails etc I have even missed which one I used.

I will post photos (if it exist) on the following Officers above soon

//Georg

Halfdan S.

Post by Halfdan S. » 02 Feb 2017, 21:51

Du rammer fuldkommen plet med dit svar og din kritik, Georg! Du har min fulde støtte.

Bedste hilsner
Halfdan S.

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”