Thus to summarize this:
- Politische Bereitschaft Württemberg was founded in May 1933, from company sized units from the towns of Oberndorf, Reutlingen and Trossingen;
- Since February 1934 the PBW was based in the Mühlberg-Kaserne, in Ellwangen/Jagst.;
- On 25.03.1934, the same day he was promoted to Ostubaf., Von Gottberg became commander of the PBW in Ellwangen;
- On 01.10.1934 SS-Standarte 2 VT was formed from Politischen Bereitschaft München, Hilfswerk Schleissheim and Politischen Bereitschaft Würtemberg. At this date PBW became III./SS-Standarte 2 VT, still commanded by Von Gottberg. The Battalion was now stationed at the Truppenübungsplatz Prittlbach, north ofDachau. It was almost immediately renamed III./SS-Standarte 1 VT, due to Hitlers order that the Leibstandarte would be taken out of the numbering sequence;
- At een unknown dat in late 1934/early 1935 Von Gottberg lost a leg in a car accident, recovered, but was succeeded as commander of III./SS-Standarte 1 VT by Major Boye on 01.06.1935
Hope this is correct. If I missed anything or if somebody has additional info about the PBW or III./SS-Standarte 1 VT, please let me know.