Hermann Fegelein

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Tholzel

Hermann Fegelein

Post by Tholzel » 08 Sep 2004, 20:45

Has it ever been determined who the supposed red-haired woman was, discovered with General Fegelein as he was arrested by the SS and brought back to the bunker to be executed?

Eva

Post by Eva » 10 Sep 2004, 05:10

As far as I can recall she was the wife of a diplomat. I belive she was Hungarian. I'm looking for it now. I'll let you know when I find her name.

E

Tholzel

Post by Tholzel » 10 Sep 2004, 14:21

Eva wrote:As far as I can recall she was the wife of a diplomat. I belive she was Hungarian. I'm looking for it now. I'll let you know when I find her name.

E
It would be nice to figure out what he thought he could get out of her. Married to Eva Braun's sister (and possibly having consorted with Eva herself), he certainly didn't need any closer access to Hitler.
Perhaps he thought her diplomatic status might be useful in his escape to the West.

Roderick

Post by Roderick » 10 Sep 2004, 15:31

Fegelein was one of the greatest cad.

Roderick

Eva

Post by Eva » 10 Sep 2004, 22:27

If you don't know what he was 'getting' out of her- I'll tell you when you're older :wink: . All I can find is that she was the wife of a Hungairan diplomat, she may have been Swiss by birth, and she spoke French. They were found in a room with a rumpled bed in an apartment that no one (but the Gestapo) knew Fegelein was keeping, and with a suitcase full of jewelery and other valuables along with Swiss money. They were about to make a run for neutral territory when Fegelein received his last invitation to the Bunker. HE WAS A JERK AND A FILANDERER.

PS- there was never any 'consorting' between him and Eva. SHE would never have cheated, and I don't think even Fegelein was dumb enough to try.

E

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 10 Sep 2004, 22:48

Eva wrote: PS- there was never any 'consorting' between him and Eva. SHE would never have cheated, and I don't think even Fegelein was dumb enough to try.

E
That's not what I've read from several reliable sources.
Max.

Eva

Post by Eva » 11 Sep 2004, 05:48

Please tell me of those sources-

E

Tholzel

Post by Tholzel » 11 Sep 2004, 15:17

Eva wrote:Please tell me of those sources-

E
The one I have is a photo of her and Fegelein, as well as acidic comments by the secretaries in "the Last Days of Hitler by Joachimthaler. Photo near page 161. "the above photo, which shows Fegelein ad E.B., needs no further comment." !

(Sorry, what with your moniker, and all...)

Eva

Post by Eva » 11 Sep 2004, 22:56

Ah- I had a feeling it was that book. I hate that book. There's lot of stuff in there that I disagree with. I know the picture of which you speak. But again, I would argue that I do not think even Fegelein would be dumb enough to try and put the moves on der Chef's girl. Hell, Bormann chased everything in a skirt, but he even steered clear of Eva. Also, I maintain that Eva would never have cheated She was given plenty of chances by her life long friend, Herta Schneider (nee Ostermeyer) who wished she would get over AH and fall for someone else. Herta was interviewed after the war by journalist Nerin Gun and mentioned only one time did Eva so much as consider seeing another man and, even though she like the young gentleman, she said her heart was already taken and nothing ever became of it. I just don't think it happened any more than another thing Joachimsthaler asserts: that Eva had a habit of kicking Blondi. what-ever!
'nuff for now,

E

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 12 Sep 2004, 19:07

During the 1970s I had the privilege of reading some private correspondence from Gertrud Junge concerning life at the Obersalzberg. In it, she made no secret of the fact that Eva had eyes only for Fegelein and the feeling was reciprocated. She suggested that the relationship went further than just flirting, but any talk of such an affair was understood to be strictly forbidden. (It was interesting to note that even 30 years after the event, Frau Junge was still reluctant to be open about the affair.) I also believe that she wrote about Eva's "fling" with Fegelein in a book, but I've searched everywhere for it at home without success.
Max.

Roderick

Post by Roderick » 13 Sep 2004, 03:29

When we study Fegelein's personality, a very umpleasant person with the infinite varieties of human depravity, it seems probable to me that he had a warm relation with his sister-in-law Eva, nevertheless I've never found convincing proofs.
On the other hand, the old Adolf had an extreme and strong ulterior motive for ordering his execution on the early hours of 29 April 1945.
I think the führer admitted the war was lost but never to be a cornudo.

all the best,

Roderick

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 13 Sep 2004, 04:25

The Führer... "cornudo"!! 8O

...the Thinks that one can learn here!!!

Hahaha!!

Great info Max and Roderick, no strong proofs but... very interesting!

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 13 Sep 2004, 10:10

Helly Angel wrote: no strong proofs but... very interesting!
That's because the only people who really knew are all dead, but it's strong enough for me to believe there was something in it.
Max.

Tholzel

Post by Tholzel » 14 Sep 2004, 02:08

Max History wrote:During the 1970s I had the privilege of reading some private correspondence from Gertrud Junge concerning life at the Obersalzberg. In it, she made no secret of the fact that Eva had eyes only for Fegelein and the feeling was reciprocated. She suggested that the relationship went further than just flirting, but any talk of such an affair was understood to be strictly forbidden. (It was interesting to note that even 30 years after the event, Frau Junge was still reluctant to be open about the affair.) I also believe that she wrote about Eva's "fling" with Fegelein in a book, but I've searched everywhere for it at home without success.
Max.
It seems to me that a woman who can threaten suicide to get her lover's attention can also indulge in a quickie every now and then if she's feeling lonely or abandoned.

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 14 Sep 2004, 06:58

In spanish exist a terrible reference to this situation: "A Hitler le soplaron el bisteck" Thanks Max!

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”