Himmler photo - unusual

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
SS-Researcher

Post by SS-Researcher » 07 Dec 2004, 11:52

Who is the groom at the marriage?

Karl1

Post by Karl1 » 07 Dec 2004, 12:16

It's Hans-Adolf Pruetzmann.

Well Max, I think some of them are pretty unusual. Have you ever seen so much private pics of Göring, Speer, Bormann etc?

Check these ones:
Attachments
boat.jpg
boat.jpg (85.7 KiB) Viewed 3600 times
hunting.jpg
hunting.jpg (106.62 KiB) Viewed 3602 times

sylvieK4

Post by sylvieK4 » 07 Dec 2004, 15:21

Quote of Max:
The thread subject is "UNUSUAL photos", i.e. Himmler doing something unusual. Photos of him with his daughter, shooting a pistol, attending a wedding, etc., can't really fall into that category
Quote of Karl1
Well Max, I think some of them are pretty unusual.
I agree with Karl1. Photos of Himmler with his daughter, shooting, etc. are unusual for most of us. Perhaps you have seen innumerable images with these themes, but I imagine most visitors to the forum have not. Photos that would fall into the category of "usual" would probably be the formal portraits, parade pictures, Himmler inspecting a Soviet camp and such. The ones that are not seen by the general public so often are, in fact, informal images of Himmler in family situations, attending a wedding or relaxing on a firing range, etc. To most of us, these are "out of the ordinary", and contrary to the common propaganda of Himmler always on the job. It is true that attending a wedding is not an unusual thing to do, but we don't often see Himmler doing it. Would these qualify:

Here are a few more from http://www.ushmm.org

Himmler and Family Picking Flowers:

Himmler Holding a Bouquet, Conversing with Children:

Egon95

Post by Egon95 » 07 Dec 2004, 22:32

Thanks for the pics. 8)

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 07 Dec 2004, 23:13

sylvieK4 wrote:Quote of Max:
The thread subject is "UNUSUAL photos", i.e. Himmler doing something unusual. Photos of him with his daughter, shooting a pistol, attending a wedding, etc., can't really fall into that category
Quote of Karl1
Well Max, I think some of them are pretty unusual.
I agree with Karl1. Photos of Himmler with his daughter, shooting, etc. are unusual for most of us. Perhaps you have seen innumerable images with these themes, but I imagine most visitors to the forum have not. Photos that would fall into the category of "usual" would probably be the formal portraits, parade pictures, Himmler inspecting a Soviet camp and such. The ones that are not seen by the general public so often are, in fact, informal images of Himmler in family situations, attending a wedding or relaxing on a firing range, etc. To most of us, these are "out of the ordinary", and contrary to the common propaganda of Himmler always on the job. It is true that attending a wedding is not an unusual thing to do, but we don't often see Himmler doing it.
You're both missing the whole point of the thread. Maybe I should have made it clearer. The intention was to see if there were any photos of him doing something unusual for a man in his position. Whether or not many people have or have not seen photos of him with his daughter, hunting, etc., is neither here nor there because this is something common to a lot of men. A photo of the Reichsführer-SS driving a car of SS men instead of being chauffeured is not normal. Another example would be Himmler cooking a meal for his subordinates. Hope that clarifies what I intended. The photos are very nice, but do not depict something unusual for a father and the RFSS.
Max.

Hans Reichmann

Post by Hans Reichmann » 08 Dec 2004, 00:29

we do get to see a better view of himmler but we cant forget the horriables things that were comitted under him.
by the way what ever happend to his family after the war?

Doggowitz

Post by Doggowitz » 08 Dec 2004, 01:55

His Daughter became the infamous Gudrun Burwitz who still is alive in a town near Munich named Pullach. She run til 1996 an senior-home for old WW2-veterans (mainly W-SS) and was part of the "Stille Hilfe" Network wich helps former SS-Members, furthermore she was active in the Viking-Youth wich is forbidden now.

i.e. she cared for Anton Malloth (Theresienstadt)
Attachments
Bur.jpg
Bur.jpg (63.66 KiB) Viewed 3516 times

knieptang
Banned

Post by knieptang » 08 Dec 2004, 02:09

Very interesting pictures, most of them absolutely new for me.

But I do not like to read the term "sexy" in a thread concerning unusual pictures of Heinrich Himmler.

Regards / Michael

knieptang
Banned

Post by knieptang » 08 Dec 2004, 07:09

Himmler was the "Genius of Horror", a simple and ordinary man, dressed in a uniform, all in black.

He is not "sexy" to me, Heinrich Himmler is a Criminal, a War-Criminal, a Murderer to me, dressed in black, maybee looking "sexy", who cares about that.

To good, he went away, who needs these assholes today...?

Michael

knieptang
Banned

Post by knieptang » 08 Dec 2004, 07:22

Himmler was the "Genius of Horror", a simple and ordinary man, dressed in a uniform, all in black.

He is not "sexy" to me, Heinrich Himmler is a Criminal, a War-Criminal, a Murderer to me, dressed in black, maybee looking "sexy", who cares about that.

To good, he went away, who needs these assholes today...?

Michael

Karl1

Post by Karl1 » 08 Dec 2004, 10:27

Well Max I understand. But I think these other pics are unusual too, but "unusual" things he did while in function, those ones are difficult too find!

And about the "sexy" thing. I'm not speaking in terms of what crimes the SS committed or how cruel Himmler could be. I think that the officers uniform of the SS is one of the most handsome uniforms ever made and I just think that Himmler looked very sexy on that particular pic (Nuremberg with binoculars). I don't want to offend somebody!
It was just my first thought!

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 08 Dec 2004, 11:45

Karl1 wrote:....... but "unusual" things he did while in function, those ones are difficult too find!
.......and that is exactly why I began the thread!!!
Max.

Fenris

Post by Fenris » 23 Dec 2004, 20:25

8O 8O 8O Great pictures!

Petillon

Post by Petillon » 13 Sep 2006, 22:01

Maybe also a bit unusual...

According to the dutch biography "Arthur Seyss-Inquart" by H.J. Neuman there exists film footage showing a men's double tennis game with Himmler and Seyss-Inquart playing while the Höhere SS- und Polizei führer Hanns Albin Rauter watches the game.

kind regards,
Petillon

Steiner

Post by Steiner » 15 Sep 2006, 09:54

Max Williams wrote:
Karl1 wrote:....... but "unusual" things he did while in function, those ones are difficult too find!
.......and that is exactly why I began the thread!!!
Max.
What is the purpose of your request? I mean where do you need those pics for?

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”