Kampfgruppe Mohnke in Berlin 1945

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
johnwilliamhunter

Re:

Post by johnwilliamhunter » 04 Jan 2013, 13:01

AliasDavid wrote:Didn't parts of 11. SS Nordland also belong to Kampfgruppe Mohnke? From April 25th on, Krukenberg was in command of Nordland as well as of the remnants of Charlemange.
UlrichH
Perhaps, the Leibstandarte book mentions the remnants of LVI Pz.K. including Division Münchenberg and Division Nordland being forced back into the K.Gr. Mohnke positions. It also mentions the Kampfgruppe taking on reinforcements from units that were forced into its area. It mentions 'Charlemange' being destroyed at 'Belle Alliance Platz' (apparently taking 60 Russian tanks out with it), was that in the Citadel sector?

Although it doesn't mention the Führer-Begleit-Kompanie or the Reichsführer SS Begleit Battalion.

I imagine K.Gr. Mohnke was a very mixed bunch by the end.

Oberscharführer Schmidt was a platoon leader who advised his platoon consisted of men; from the personnel section, Hungarian volunteers, Volksturm, Hitlerjugend, and men from other branches of the Army.

johnwilliamhunter

Re: Kampfgruppe Mohnke in Berlin 1945

Post by johnwilliamhunter » 04 Jan 2013, 13:46

Also found this:

Kampfgruppe Mohnke
- SS-Regiment from Wachbataillon 1 (LAH) + 2 bat (SS-Staf. Anhalt)
1000 men from 16. E RFSS
- Regiment of 2 Btl.e made of staff of garrisson of Waffen-SS Berlin mainly from LSSAH

source : Album historique Leibstandarte SS by G. Bernage

I guess "16. E RFSS" is the Ersatz-Bataillon 16. RFSS?

And also, according to Robin Lumsden, KGr. Mohnke was made up in part of 600 men from the Begleit-Bataillon RFSS.

And also from this site: http://www.waffen-ss.no/mohnke.htm :

"Kampfgruppe consisted of 9 Bataillone, including the remnants of 33. Waffen-Grenadier-Division der SS "Charlemagne""

And also according to Thomas Fischer by way of wikipedia;

Kampfgruppe Mohnke was divided into two weak regiments. It was made up of the LSSAH Flak Company, replacements from LSSAH Ausbildungs-und Ersatz-Bataillon from Spreenhagen, the Führer-Begleit-Kompanie and the core group being the 800 men of the Leibstandarte (LSSAH) SS Guard Battalion.

The Führer-Begleit-Kompanie, was that part of Großdeutschland or? I can't find anything about it.

Can anyone confirm or deny any of this information?

Jan-Hendrik

Post by Jan-Hendrik » 26 Nov 2015, 11:20

*push*

Jan-Hendrik

Jan-Hendrik

Post by Jan-Hendrik » 01 Dec 2016, 13:21

Standartenführer Anhalt was killed 25.4.1945, regiment was then lead by 'Wahl'.
Anhalt was KIA 27.4.45 :wink:

Jan-Hendrik

darwin

Post by darwin » 21 Dec 2019, 21:07

Good evening,

Is there a list of personnel as regards the members of the diverse battlegroups of the Kampfgruppe Mohnke as it was in Spreenhagen?
I suppose the commanders would have had a list of exactly who is serving in their Units and where they originally come from, e.g. Born in Munich, Bavaria or Born in Vienna, Austria?
Would be nice to have some Information regarding this matter.
Thank You.

Kind regards

ernest

Edward L. Hsiao

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 22 Dec 2019, 10:23

What was the battlefield performance of Kampfgruppe Mohnke? Was it related tough, good? What Waffen-SS soldier especially shine up in destroying Soviet tanks while serving with Kampfgruppe Mohnke?
Edward L. Hsiao

darwin

Post by darwin » 22 Dec 2019, 15:06

The Kampfgruppe Mohnke was apparently involved in the Defence of Berlin (already Fighting in the streets of Berlin). The reason why I am asking is, because I am Looking for a missing Person, who was for Training in Spreenhagen - to the east of Berlin - since Jan. 1945 Nothing was heard of him anymore. the Kampfgruppe Mohnke would be one altrnative where to look for him. But he may have been across the Oder in Poland and has fallen there, or somewhere in Berlin, or with the Regiment FALKE in the Kessel of Halbe - to the south Berlin. His Name is Karl Otto Schücker, Born in Vienna, Austria 1927. I am Looking for personnel lists, which may have existed, but have been destroyed during the Advance of the Russians.
greetings
ernst

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”