SS-Untersturmführer Karl Becker 2./SS-AA 12

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
jan willem stokkers

SS-Untersturmführer Karl Becker 2./SS-AA 12

Post by jan willem stokkers » 11 Sep 2005, 16:11

According to the Fl. of John Moore SS-Untersturmführer Karl Becker 2./SS-AA 12 Hitlerjugend is missing since 14.08.1944! But reading the Division History of Hubert Meyer I only have found the name of Karl Walter Becker Untersturmführer!

Karl Walter Becker is still a live, he also has written in "Der Freiwillige" of september 1996 and a friend of Karl Walter Becker confirmt me that he is still a live.

So are there 2 Untersturmführer Becker's in the 2./SS-AA 12 "Hitlerjugend" of is it just one and is the information that Becker should be missing since 14.08.1944 not good?

JW

Mikedc

Post by Mikedc » 15 Sep 2005, 22:53

This is also still unsolved.
Does anybody knows more about this???

Mike

jan willem stokkers

the solution

Post by jan willem stokkers » 16 Sep 2005, 20:43

I have just spoken to an SS-Rottenführer of SS-AA 12 and he told me the story about the missing of K-W. Becker:

He was in August of 1944 missing for a few days, due to the hard fighting. He has taken the uniform of an Canadian soldier and went back to his one lines.

That was also written down, that he was missing and never has been correct.

But he survived the war!

JW

Mikedc

Post by Mikedc » 16 Sep 2005, 20:51

Hey Jan-Willem,

Well, that's good to hear. Another small mistery solved.

Mike

John P. Moore

Post by John P. Moore » 16 Oct 2005, 21:24

My source that Ustuf. Karl Becker was MIA on 14.8.1944 was his official Personalakte. There were 3 separate documents in his file that listed him as MIA on that date. One of these documents is reproduced below. This is just another example of erroneous information that can be found in wartime documents and why it is best to seek multiple sources of information.

John
Attachments
Becker, Karl - 3a.jpg
Becker, Karl - 3a.jpg (89.64 KiB) Viewed 1794 times

jan willem stokkers

well...

Post by jan willem stokkers » 16 Oct 2005, 21:41

this is the way researchers should help eachother! I was just lucky this summer to meet around 30 of his Kameraden. And ofcourse they could not know everybody so it could have been 2 Karl Beckers in SS-AA 12.

But an former Rottenführer/Untersharführer told me the story on the phone of the missing and that only 1 Becker has been in 2. Kp./SS-AA 12 (officer).

JW

seaburn

Re: Untersturmführer Karl Becker 2./SS-AA.12

Post by seaburn » 18 Apr 2015, 10:42

New testimony of Becker's has come to light in which he states that he had previously served with the Leibstandarte and the 'Begleit-Btl. RFSS'. I have no date or details for the LAH service but he states that the latter one was in 1941 in the Newa sector near Leningrad, this unit was attached to the 121. ID at that time.

Does anyone have details on his full war time service record with these three different units ?

(to add to the original discussion, when he was captured in France in 44, he was stated to have been wearing a Canadian uniform)

jan willem stokkers

Re: Untersturmführer Karl Becker 2./SS-AA 12

Post by jan willem stokkers » 18 Apr 2015, 20:20

Eintritt in der Waffen-SS am 16.05.1940, SS-Nr.: 398 330, bei der 1./Kradschützen-Ersatz-Batallion „Ellwangen“.Yess he was at the Leningrad Front (sad enough i have no info on which Div. or unit) and he was in de LSSAH (Stabs.Kp.2./Pz.Grend.Regt.lSSAH ) and at the end he was Kompanietruppführer. He came to the HJ at 21.08.1943.

Yess wenn he was caught he was wearing a canadian jacket. He was clever to keep a book of the canadian officer whick jacket he took. The searched for the officer and he stated that Becker indeed did not kill him and was kind to him. After the war Becker searched for this officer and they became friends. The visited eachother at home, Normandy and at meeting.s

Gr.Jan Willem

Harro

Re: SS-Untersturmführer Karl Becker 2./SS-AA 12

Post by Harro » 19 Apr 2015, 00:22

I suppose he was with the V. Bataillon LAH
V. Bataillon mit 1. - 4. Kompanie als Wachtruppe in Berlin

15.01.1942 - anstelle des mobilgemachten V. Bataillons, Aufstellung eines VII. Bataillons LSSAH als Wachtruppe für Berlin
21.02.1942 - Befehl Hitlers zur Vorbereitung der Auffrischung und Neugliederung bis zum 01.03.1942 auf dem Truppenübungsplatz Sennelager. Dazu Verwendung des V. (Wach) Bataillon, Umbenennung des schweren Bataillons in Panzerjäger-Abteilung, Abteilung Schönberger wird Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung; Aufstellung einer neuen Panzer-Abteilung mit 3 mittleren Panzer-Kompanien war bis zum 01.02.1942 in Wildflecken aufzustellen. Leibstandarte verblieb jedoch in Südrussland und V. Bataillon wurde vor Leningrad verwendet (kam erst im Juni zur Standarte)
15.07.1942 - Umgliederung der Standarte auf die SS-Division (mot.) Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler bei der 15. Armee
24.11.1942 - Umbenennung in Panzergrenadier-Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler
http://www.balsi.de/Weltkrieg/Einheiten ... tseite.htm

February 21, 1942 - orders from Hitler to prepare the refitting and reorganization (of the Leibstandarte) at the Sennelager training grounds. The V. (Wach) Bataillon is to be used for this purpose [...] However, the Leibstandarte was in southern Russia and the V. Bataillon before Leningrad (returned to the Standarte in June).

seaburn

Post by seaburn » 19 Apr 2015, 01:18

Tks for posting guys - Harro, I'm groping in the dark on this but I don't think he was part of the V Btln, I'm not sure he was with the LAH in 1941 unless the 'Begleit RF SS' had some connection with them. He stated that he was with that unit in 1941 - there is information on the forum that the Begleit RF SS had three incarnations until they eventually morphed into the 16th SS Div - But I don't know diddly about them other than that - Does RF SS infer a connection to Himmler ??

In regard to this unit he stated: ' Between the 7th Sept 1941 and 20 Dec 1941 I was in action in the Northern Sector of the Eastern Front with the Begleit Bn R.F. SS, and attached to the 121 I.D. which held the NEWA sector near Leningrad' (WO208/3649)

He also talks of meeting an old comrade in Hospital in July 1944, this comrade served in the 2nd Reg of the III Btln LAH - he does not explicitly state that he served in that unit, just that this man was an old comrade. JW's information as posted has now shown the connection between them. I am presuming that he came to the HJ from the LAH in 1943 and therefore he came from the Begleit R.F SS to the LAH some time in 1942 ( unless there is a connection that I am not aware of between the B. RF SS and the LAH). Apologies to all who are au fait with these units if I am fluffing this up due to my limitations in this area.

Becker makes some serious allegation of War Crimes committed by the Begleit R.F. SS while he was serving with them and he is the source of the allegation against W.Wolff of the LAH which I posted on the 'Peiper - war crimes on the EF - cited evidence'? thread recently. I will be posting his full testimony against Wolff on that thread presently.

Harro

Post by Harro » 19 Apr 2015, 16:34

I see, indeed the Begleit-Bataillon "Reichsführer SS" also saw action near Leningrad (at Kalitino to be more precise).

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 13 Jan 2021, 20:32

I can ad that Karl Becker passed away on 15.8.2006 in Osnabrück.

Best regards
Georg
"Information not shared, is lost"

Personal Blog - http://wennallebruderschweigen.blogspot.com/
Support AHF - app.php/support
My Project - www.führerliste.com

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”