Obersturmfhr. Friedrich Karl Reuss

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
logibear64

Obersturmfhr. Friedrich Karl Reuss

Post by logibear64 » 15 Feb 2006, 17:41

I am looking for further information on SS Obersturmführer Friedrich Karl Reuss of the LSSAH aufklärungs abteilung. I have his BDC file but it gives no concrete information on him post August 1944. Apparantely he was with Kampfgruppe Knittel during the "Bulge." I also wonder if anyone has a photo of him? I am researching him for his granddaughter who lives in the USA but never knew him. Her mother was astranged with Friedrich Reuss for whatever reason and never told her daughter anything about her grandpa.

Thanks!
Phil

Reader3000

Post by Reader3000 » 15 Feb 2006, 18:38

Phil, write a pm to Timo Worst. Maybe he can help you with your questions.

Harro

Post by Harro » 15 Feb 2006, 19:02

Since May 1944 Fritz Reuß commanded the Versorgungskompanie of the SS AA 1 LSSAH and in July and August of that year he was in command of the Stützpunkt of the Abteilung in Rugles, consisting of his supply company and several Funk-SPW from the Nachrichtenzug. In the Ardennes he also led the Stützpunkt of the Abteilung, based in Wanne, until he was wounded on 24 Dec and brought to the hospital in Bützchen.

I have several pics of Reuß. Here's one that shows him with his DKiG. He received it from the hands of Sepp Dietrich himself on 1 June 1944, together with his friend Hans-Martin Leidreiter.
Attachments
Reuss-Fritz-2.jpg
Reuss-Fritz-2.jpg (29.15 KiB) Viewed 1790 times

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 15 Feb 2006, 19:03

Search for "Fritz Reuss" and you will find both photo and some info on him. here
He served in the 2./SS-Pz.A.A.1 and he recieved the DKiG. he died in the 80´s
Why his daughter wouldn´t talk about his father to her daughter
is a very common problem in Germany, it excelerated after the tv movie "The Holocost"
to the public every SS had served in a camp or in a Einsatzgruppe, and you can imagen
when the kids came home and asked their fathers or grandfathers "Opa/Father what did you
do during the war??" and if they then belonged to the SS and poor fellows who had served in 3.SS-Pz.Div
"Totenkopf" thy had a hard time explaining the difference between Waffen-SS and the other bransches ofthe SS.

//Georg

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 15 Feb 2006, 19:06

Timo send me a mail, I have had a major computer breakdown a couple of months ago
and becauseof that I have lost most of my old msgs including the mail adresses. I have
some new SS-Pz.AA 1 info for you.

Best regards,

georg

Harro

Post by Harro » 15 Feb 2006, 19:11

Georg: good to hear from you! Email is on its way :)

Logibear: here's an earlier pic of Fritz Reuß, as Spieß of the 2./SS AA 1, with other Spieß from the Abteilung.
Attachments
Reuss-Schulz-a.jpg
Reuss-Schulz-a.jpg (35.2 KiB) Viewed 1781 times

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”