SS-Schutzpolizei- and Hilfspolizeischule, Pelplin, Poland

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Focks Josef

SS-Schutzpolizei- and Hilfspolizeischule, Pelplin, Poland

Post by Focks Josef » 28 Feb 2006, 18:10

I am trying to find information on the Hilfspolizeischule as well as on the Schutzpolizeischule Pelplin, Poland: Size of the schools, organization, members of the staff, commanding officers, activities, activation dates, closing down dates; any information you may have is of interest.

Background: I am helping a former polish lady, today living in Danmark, to find out the identity of her father. a German SS- member who, in autumn 1944, was assigned to one of the schools in Pelplin. Her mother was polish. She managed to escape, in an early state of pregnancy, in spring 1945 from Pelplin to Danmark, survided the sinking of the "Wilhelm Gustlow", and gave birth to a girl; shortly thereafter she died in Danmark. The baby girl was sent back to Poland, where she lived for a while and, finally, ended up in Danmark again. She knows her father's name; that is all her mother's relatives could tell her later.

Today , we are looking for clues that lead us to the father's origin. Over the years, we have tried all arkives that could possibly have information on our subject, all in vain. Unfortunately, the name only does not suffice, for an effective research, we need particular information, that leads us in a specific direction.

If you have information yourself or know of somebody we could contact, please let me know, I'd be very greatful.

Best regards

J.Focks

Peter
Financial supporter

Post by Peter » 28 Feb 2006, 19:33

She knows her father's name; that is all her mother's relatives could tell her later.
what is his name ?

Focks Josef

SS-Schutzpolizei- and Hilfspolizeischule, Pelplin,Poland

Post by Focks Josef » 28 Feb 2006, 20:52

His name was Johannes (Hans) Geisler.

jerry brazil

Re: SS-Schutzpolizei- and Hilfspolizeischule, Pelplin, Polan

Post by jerry brazil » 09 Aug 2011, 01:07

Mr. Focks,

Are you still looking for info on the police schools in Pelplin Poland? I have approx 300 pages in German from a Pol. Lt. who tought their. Along with 21 photos of his comrades and himself. Also the Lt. speaks of other police at Pilplin, but uses only their last names only along with their rank.
I have just started to work on this project. However i'm sure I will ID some of these policeman.

Best
Jerry

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Post by Dieter Zinke » 09 Aug 2011, 10:14

Kommandeur der Schutzpolizeischule Pelplin near Dirschau (today Tczew/Poland) in Westpreußen
was Generalmajor der Polizei Gustav Karl August Kleinow ,
see his bio in "Die Generale der Waffen-SS und der Polizei", volume 2 (with supplements in the volumes 3 and 4), by Andreas Schulz and myself

Therefore it would be very interesting to see your fotos - maybe he is to identify there. This could open up the possibility to publish them in our next supplement volume next year - if you kindly want to allow this.

Let's wait for the things to come :wink:

Dieter Z.

jerry brazil

Post by jerry brazil » 09 Aug 2011, 11:37

I'm not sure if I have his photo.Most of the pohtos I have are very small. I have been working with one on my home computer that may show a general. I'm going to take it to a photo lab and have them blow it up. If its a general i'll send it to you. However I do have reports on school activity addressed to him.
Do you know if the school was inside the Cathedral at Pelplin? Can you tell me more about this place? I do have a lot of police picture of Ober. Lt. Ludwig Gallinger who tought at this school school. I have his syllabus (Lehrplan) from several police schools. Also I have questions for you about maps.
How about Josph Focks? Any way I can find him outside this page?

Best
Jerry

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Post by Dieter Zinke » 09 Aug 2011, 15:01

jerry brazil wrote:I'm not sure if I have his photo. If its a general i'll send it to you. However I do have reports on school activity addressed to him.
Can't wait to see :)
jerry brazil wrote: Do you know if the school was inside the Cathedral at Pelplin? Can you tell me more about this place? .... Also I have questions for you about maps.
Sorry, unfortunately I have no idea.
jerry brazil wrote:How about Joseph Focks? Any way I can find him outside this page?
Best
Jerry
He last visited our forum Tue Feb 28, 2006, and I don't know his address - but I think he is to find here
http://www.welt.de/print-wams/article12 ... Vater.html

Dieter Z.

jerry brazil

Post by jerry brazil » 10 Feb 2012, 00:22

Does anyone have a photo of Hauptmann der Polizei Alfons Illinger. Taught at Polizeischule (police school) Fürstenfeldbruck.

Orpoman

Post by Orpoman » 10 Feb 2012, 13:31

Hello

I have no photo, but this information.

Hauptmann Alfons Illinger (born 14.06.1904) was on 12.12.1935 Lehrabteilungsführer und Lehrer at the Polizeischule Fürstenfeldbruck. He was a member of the officer corps the Gendarmerie and was promoted to Hauptmann on 08.01.1934. In the officers' list of the school from 07.06.1938 Illinger is mentioned. Later his name appears on no more.

Best regards Daniel

Hagelsberger

Post by Hagelsberger » 11 Mar 2013, 16:11

I'm not sure, if the subject interests someone, but I've only one, small detail:

Hilfspolizeischule in Pelplin was opened on 1st April 1940. At the same time were also opened Hilfspolizeischulen in Gnesen (also in former monastry-building; today's Gnieźno,Poland) in Reich's District Wartheland, and in Kattowitz (Katowice) in Upper Silesia.

All three schools were targeted to members of paramilitary organisation Selbstschutz, just to train them to Hilfspolizisten.

In Autumn 1944 in Pelplin stationed troops of German Gendarmerie.

'Caus I'm make some research about history of german police and SS in Reich's District Danzig-West Prussia (see webpage: http://www.garnison-danzig.pl), I would be also interested in those photos and materials about Pelplin... :D

Best regards from Danzig/Gdansk,
Hagelsberger
http://www.garnison-danzig.pl

VolkerKirsch

Post by VolkerKirsch » 22 Jun 2014, 21:45

Dear Jerry,

do you have still some informations about the Hilfspolizeischule in Pelplin?
I am looking for all informtions about it. In the moment i am also researchin in the Bundesarchiv in Berlin about Pelplin.
Mayby it is also interesting to you.
One of my uncles was Lt. of the Police in Goch, a small town at the dutch frontier. He was in 1943 in Pelplin and i am very interested to know what he did there.

Would you please answer me?
Thank you very much,
Volker from Germany

kuba_gd

Post by kuba_gd » 02 Jul 2014, 14:28

Souvenir from Gdansk :)
Attachments
SAM_9218.JPG

spottedcow

Post by spottedcow » 21 Sep 2014, 22:28

This auction may be of interest:

http://allegro.pl/polizei-schule-pelpli ... 67930.html

Patrick

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Post by Dieter Zinke » 29 Oct 2014, 13:12

spottedcow wrote:This auction may be of interest:

http://allegro.pl/polizei-schule-pelpli ... 67930.html

Patrick
No doubt, the Generalmajor der Polizei [saluting] is Gustav Kleinow !

Dieter Z.

spottedcow

Re: SS-Schutzpolizei- and Hilfspolizeischule, Pelplin, Poland

Post by spottedcow » 20 Jan 2015, 05:38

I found this photo on an auction site some time ago but I wasn't really interested in it. Now I am but the resolution is too low for details to be seen. Does anyone have this photo in higher resolution or another photo of the class?

Thanks.
Patrick
Attachments
Pelplin_av.jpg
Pelplin_rv.jpg

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”