Hungarian unidentified vehicle years 1932 - 1938

Discussions on all aspects of the smaller Axis nations in Europe and Asia. Hosted by G. Trifkovic.
ECarlos

Hungarian unidentified vehicle years 1932 - 1938

Post by ECarlos » 03 Feb 2014, 13:20

Can anyone identify this armored, probably Hungarian, the period from 1932 to 1938.
Thank you.
Attachments
BLD-2.jpg
BLD-2.jpg (93.77 KiB) Viewed 937 times

DenesBernad

Re: Hungarian unidentified vehicle years 1932 - 1938

Post by DenesBernad » 12 Feb 2014, 22:19

It does not look Hungarian at all to me. The camouflage scheme is something I have not seen yet on Hungarian armour.

Dénes

Bill Murray

Post by Bill Murray » 12 Feb 2014, 22:43

Hi:

It was apparently made in Brasil, perhaps for the Police.

The attached article tells a very long story which I had trouble following but you should be able to read it.

Bill

http://www.asstbm.com.br/asstbm/arquivos/17828

Bill Murray

Post by Bill Murray » 12 Feb 2014, 23:41

My apologies for a perhaps incorrect response in my last post.

My Portuguese is not very good so I relied on Google Translate to try to understand the origin of these carros blindados.

In reading it for the fourth time, it seems the vehicle, or the basis for it, may have come from Hungary, a total of four if I read it correctly. The vehicles were then assembled by Lindau & Cia workshops. As the design does not resemble anything I have seen from Hungary, and by the way, Gen. Denes is a real expert on that country, I wonder if it was just the chassis and perhaps some or all of the armament that were purchased from Hungary.

Apparently the Governor of the State was forbidden to manufacture such arms by Vargas and managed to bring the parts to build these vehicles if I understood the translation. Perhaps Lindau & Cia manufactured and mounted all of the armored plates etc.

Bill

ECarlos

Post by ECarlos » 13 Feb 2014, 14:30

Gentlemen:
This information we have.
What happens is that four of these tanks were bought in Hungary and only one was assembled in Brazil and confiscated by the Army.
Along with these came many other types of weapons as weapons in general.
Everything was bought in Hungary.
Could be a prototype that was sold disassembled and assembled here in Brazil by Lindau & Cia?
The setting is unlike anything produced in Brazil. The arsenal of Budapest came to produce armored police?
We continue looking for information about this strange armored vehicle.
Thank you.
ECarlos

Bill Murray

Post by Bill Murray » 13 Feb 2014, 15:59

Hi ECarlos:

You may have already tried this solution, but I spent 45 minutes Googling your vehicle and every time I got something, it led back to the article that contains your photo.

I then Googled the name of the author of the article and it seems he is a Sociologist living in Brasil and he seems to have a special interest in police activities past and present. He seems to be rather well known. So.... If you have not already done so, you might try to make a personal contact with Sr. Romeu Kornikowski and as you both live in the same country and speak the same language, he may be able to help you solve the puzzle.

Bill

Return to “Minor Axis Nations”