Searching for information about Hungarian cavalry officer

Discussions on all aspects of the smaller Axis nations in Europe and Asia. Hosted by G. Trifkovic.
twelvegates

Searching for information about Hungarian cavalry officer

Post by twelvegates » 18 Mar 2014, 06:32

Hello all members. I was directed to your forum by my brother, who is a history professor. I may not be posting under the appropriate category, so if I'm not in the right place, please tell me!

I am looking for information regarding a Hungarian Cavalry officer who used the name George Pazar. He was a horse trainer in Australia in the late 1960s and 1970s. I am working with a student of his, who is now in his 60s, and a horse trainer, himself:

http://equestrianlogic.net/about_us

My trainer has tried desperately to find some information about this fellow and would dearly love to obtain a copy of a photograph of him on horseback. He recalls that he was in the Hungarian Cavalry, not the Austro-Hungarian Cavalry. Not sure if his name was changed to George from some other name. He did use the last name of Pazar. Trainer believes that Mr. Pazar left Europe around the time Poland was invaded by the Germans. He said that Officer Pazar was older when he trained with him, so I'm guessing he was born around the end of the 19th or beginning of the 20th century.

My brother suggested that Pazar probably has records in the Hungarian Army Museum or national archives, though events of 1939-1945 destroyed some collections. He suggested approaching the Hadtörténeti Múzeum in Budapest.

Well, I'm not heading to eastern Europe any time in the near future, and neither is my trainer. I can't read or write in Hungarian.

Can anyone suggest a way to obtain any information about this fellow? Or would the only way be through first-hand exploration of the archives in Hungary? I thought about immigration records in Australia, but haven't a clue how to get to those or how reliable they are.

Thanks in advance for any insight or direction.

twelvegates

Re: Searching for information about Hungarian cavalry office

Post by twelvegates » 18 Mar 2014, 15:22

Update: My brother tells me I perhaps would need to connect with someone who was fluent in Magyar? I would be happy to pay for such a search.

Return to “Minor Axis Nations”