Lithuanian Equipment during 1944

Discussions on all aspects of the smaller Axis nations in Europe and Asia. Hosted by G. Trifkovic.
Castro46

Lithuanian Equipment during 1944

Post by Castro46 » 23 Nov 2016, 23:14

Hello everybody, I have been interested in history my whole life, but since being in a relationship with a Lithuanian girl from 2013 till nowadays I have been searching more and more about the history of her country. Now I am starting with a Wargame call Bolt Action, which is basically WW2 Battles with miniatures 28 mm scale, and I am considering the option of a Lithuanian army; the problem is that I have found tons of information about Lithuanian armored vehicles and weapons till the Soviet ocupation, and just few lines about Lithuanian units under the German domain.

So the question is: Does anybody know something about this stuff? I mean, if for example some Landsverks Armoured cars were used in the Vilnius or Kaunas offensives or if some Anbo planes were guarding Lithuanian sky?

bertamingo

Re: Lithuanian Equipment during 1944

Post by bertamingo » 25 Nov 2016, 14:53

Hello Castro, as far as I know, the Lithuanian units under German control composed mostly of infantry and police forces, which means no armored vehicles were systematically used. Some Lithuanians served in Luftwaffe flak units and could have operated AA guns and search lights, but no organized Lithuanian aviation units seemed to have been formed by Germans, unlike Latvians and Estonians.

Castro46

Post by Castro46 » 26 Nov 2016, 21:45

bertamingo wrote:Hello Castro, as far as I know, the Lithuanian units under German control composed mostly of infantry and police forces, which means no armored vehicles were systematically used. Some Lithuanians served in Luftwaffe flak units and could have operated AA guns and search lights, but no organized Lithuanian aviation units seemed to have been formed by Germans, unlike Latvians and Estonians.
It is a pitty, as I thought no possibility of using Landsverks and that stuff. But it still interesting to gather information about military stuff in that age :)
Maybe I could model a Flak 36 with some Lithuanian troops helping German Gunners.

bertamingo

Post by bertamingo » 27 Nov 2016, 03:21

Castro46 wrote:
bertamingo wrote:Hello Castro, as far as I know, the Lithuanian units under German control composed mostly of infantry and police forces, which means no armored vehicles were systematically used. Some Lithuanians served in Luftwaffe flak units and could have operated AA guns and search lights, but no organized Lithuanian aviation units seemed to have been formed by Germans, unlike Latvians and Estonians.
It is a pitty, as I thought no possibility of using Landsverks and that stuff. But it still interesting to gather information about military stuff in that age :)
Maybe I could model a Flak 36 with some Lithuanian troops helping German Gunners.
Yeah, that sounds great. Good luck with modeling :)

Return to “Minor Axis Nations”